Pocket-Sized VIXX

Pocket-Sized VIXX

 

"Hyukkie!!" A shrill voice calls out.

 

It belongs to a tiny dark haired young man perched on your shoulder, who was clearly in distraught. "Where'd you go?! I look away for a second and my baby disappears!"

 

You glance at your shoulder at the tiny figure. "Hakyeon, calm down," you say with a smirk. Hakyeon only frowns intensely at you and frantically looks around himself. After a few muffled grumbles, a tiny head pops out of your coat's pocket. "Hyung," the head replies with obvious annoyance in his voice. "I'm right here..."

 

"Sanghyuk!" Hakyeon screeches, causing himself to almost fall out of his place on your shoulder. "Why did you leave me?! I was going to show you how to be the perfect cute maknae but then you left!" He pulls the corners of his mouth down into a ridiculous-looking pout.

 

"But hyung, I'm a grown man!" Sanghyuk protests. "Grown men aren't supposed to be cute!"

 

Hakyeon shakes his head. "It doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be cute~"

 

"Like meee~" a voice sings out.

Another small head pops out of your other pocket. "Jaehwan," you giggle as you look at the tiny young man hanging from inside your pocket.

"Hi~ Jaehwannie is here~" he replies happily.

"Yes exactly!" Hakyeon squeals. "Hyukkie, you have to be cute like Jaehwan!"

 

Sanghyuk eyes his two elders warily. "But I don't want to..." He whines, staring at them with big eyes

.

Hakyeon gets quiet and stares back at him for a second, as if contemplating something. Then -- "Yes!" he exclaims excitedly. "There! You just did it, the aegyo I was looking for!"

 

Sanghyuk looks at him in disbelief and sighs. There was no point in arguing with his hyungs.

 

You watch this entire scene unfold with amusement, not wanting to disturb the boys' bickering. Suddenly you feel a rustling in your other pocket and out pops a tiny Wonsik, looking disheveled and drowsy. "What's going on?" he yawns.

 

"I'm trying to show Hyukkie how to be cute," Hakyeon responds distractedly.

 

"Kawaii," Jaehwan interjects with a smug look on his face, proud of his own knowledge of Japanese.

 

"Yeah," Hakyeon smiles. "Hyukkie...kawaii...Hyukkawaii! Sanghyuk needs to become Hyukkawaii!!"

 

"Hyukkawaii," you repeat to yourself. You start laughing at the ridiculous nickname Hakyeon made up.

"Hush!" Hakyeon barks at you. "It's a very clever nickname."

 

"Whatever floats your boat," You smirk.

 

You glance back down at your pockets where Wonsik has fallen back asleep, his tiny arms dangling from outside your pocket while Jaehwan hums a lullaby to him.

Yet another small head peeks out of your coat collar. Hakyeon notices immediately. "Taekwoon~!" he calls toward it. The tiny mop of hair immediately disappears inside your collar after hearing his name being called.

 

"No, come back!" Hakyeon cries.

 

"Come back to us Taekwoon!" Jaehwan joins in. The two voices continue to relentlessly nag the boy to come out. Realizing that his elders are distracted, Hyuk quietly slips back into your pocket.

 

After some time, Taekwoon gives in to the nagging and peeks out again. "What do you want," he says flatly in his soft voice.

 

Hakyeon and Jaehwan cheer, having been able to get their friend out of his hiding place. "I just wanted to see your face," Hakyeon coos. "You never come out from there."

 

"Yeah," Jaehwan echos. "We missed seeing you!"

 

Taekwoon silently looks at the two with a blank expression. "Bye," he says hesitantly after a moment and makes a move to go back into his hiding spot.

"Wait no!" Jaehwan hollers, lunging towards Taekwoon and causing the both of them both to tumble down into your outstretched palms.

 

"Watch out," you reprimand the two pocket sized boys as they landed in your hands. "What if I hadn't caught you?"

 

"Sorry," Taekwoon mumbles quietly.

 

You wave him off and then look expectantly at Jaehwan for his apology. He stares up at you with big puppy dog eyes. "I'm sorry," He sticks out his lower lip. "I was just trying to show Taekwoon how much I missed him, since he's always hiding."

 

You groan inwardly at Jaehwan, who was practically oozing aegyo. "It's fine," you reply while hiding a smile. "Just tone it down a bit, alright?"

You place Jaehwan and Taekwoon together back in your pocket, to Taekwoon's distaste.

 

All the while you were scolding them, Hongbin had joined Hakyeon on your shoulder. "Hi," he says cheerfully, his tiny dimples appearing with his grin.

 

"Hi Hongbin," you smile and the top of his head.

 

"Hey, guess what people can call me," he says suddenly.

 

"What?" You reply confused, not knowing what he means.

 

"Since I'm a bean, and I'm pocket-sized, you can call me Mini Bean!" he looks proudly at himself, having thought of such a clever pun on his name. "Get it?"

 

You stare at Hongbin for a moment while Hakyeon chokes back a laugh. "I...yeah, I get it." You chuckle at him; the pun was so unfunny that it was funny.

Hongbin furrows his eyebrows. "Are you laughing at me? Was it that bad?"

 

You shook your head, "Nah, don't worry; it wasn't as bad as 'Hyukkawaii'."

 

Hakyeon immediately snapped his head up at you and pouts. "That was really clever, okay?! Don't be jealous because you can't think of puns like me."

 

"Speaking of Hyukkawaii, where did he go?" You ask.

 

"I don't know," Hakyeon looks distraught once again. "HYUKKIE! Come back out here, I wasn't done with you!"

 

"No!" a muffled voice calls from your pocket. "I'm going to take a nap."


"That's not a bad idea," you say thoughtfully while glancing up at the sky which was rapidly becoming darker and cloudier. "I have to walk home soon and it looks like it's about to rain. You guys don't want to get wet."

 

"Don't worry," Hongbin replies, "We can take shelter inside your hood!"

 

Hongbin makes his way from your shoulder to your collar, Hakyeon following closely behind.

"Alright then, let's head home," You pull up your hood and walk outside, six pocket-sized boys in tow.