In Trance

In Trance

 

I wake up in the morning

And the sun begin to shine

 

I groaned when all of sudden a noise piercing my ears. Hell, who was the people that disturbing my nice sleep? I shifted and reached out my cell phone, ugh … 4.45 in the morning. Well, the sun was not yet shining for Pete’s sake. And I realized that I was sleeping on the passenger’s seat and my sister was driving silently. My head throbbed as I tried to remember how on earth I ended up in here.

Right, tonight is Haelmoni’s birthday and the whole family will gather on her ranch to celebrate the day and my sister insisted to wait for me from clubbing and driving to Haelmoni’s house. It is my elder sister. The eldest children in our family with very weird taste in everything, she does really loves Math, she loves flowers; I mean she loves planting flowers when most of the girls in her age never want to make their hand dirty. She is bookworm and top of it, her musical taste is different; I mean who listens to the song that almost our generation does not know? My sister is big fan of Scorpions and she does hunt their albums without care about the price or how it takes.

I was not saying if Scorpions is bad, but do youngster loves popular music? Unfortunately, that doesn’t work to my sister.

 

The day did sneak upon the night

 

Yeah, the day did sneak hastily if I might say. I still wanted to sleep, to erase … ugh, the memory of last night who was forming vividly in eyes right now. I didn’t want to remember it but it was just playing over and over again.

 

I see your face and I see myself

And I get a little taste of life

I try to stand it for a while

 

Unfortunately I was not only seeing your face, but also him! Hell, what’s wrong with me? It’s not like I never did the same. And yes, I thought I got a little taste of life, and I hated it. I was not supposed to feel this way, not at all but then I remembered her or them to be exact, was the reason I drunk pretty badly last night.

 

But I’m in trance

Hey baby tell me can’t you hear me calling

 

No, I guessed she couldn’t, or did she pretend to not hear me? Did she play the game like I did? I didn’t know. One thing for sure, I didn’t like the sight of her on another guy’s arm. She had to be on mine.

 

Mine only.

 

I take too much in the Saturday night

Hey hey

I’m in trance

 

Yeah, my head was spinning and my eyes were heavy now. I drank too much last night just because of her, hell; I had never drunk because of stupid reason before and now I couldn’t even move my body.

 

I wanna try to stop this life

 

If only I could stop the life. I would. My head began throbbing when the sight of last night flashing in my mind.

 

 

Hell,

 

I was sick.

 

Why did this girl give me weird effect? She was just another girl — I supposed — yet she was already turning my life upside down. What’s wrong with me? I could pick up any other girl if she really left me with that guy.

 

I feel so sad and feeling down

 

This was exactly what I felt right now, maybe not sad — or I was just in denial — but I was definitely feeling down. How come she went out with another guy?

Because you also did the same you stupid, my subconscious said.

I unconsciously groaned and my sister seemed to notice the unusual state of mine.

 

‘Is something wrong?’ she asked without looking at me.

 

Of course she was the one behind the steering wheel and her attention had not to be diverted.

 

‘Everything is wrong,’ I muttered, ‘is there any other song?’ I asked as I lazily straighten up my back seat. I didn’t know how far we had been driving already but the surrounding was definitely unfamiliar for me.

‘Why?’

 

I didn’t reply because I asked myself too, why? Obviously because you’re hit by the song, are you really that dumb?

Oh shut up will you?!

I rummaged my hair since my inner self having fight over something that bugging me since last night. Suddenly I regretted to join this trip — and other weird things for my sister, she really loves driving in the very early or better say at dawn? — Ugh … I should be sleeping peacefully in my cozy room.

As if you can sleep,

Another mocking for me, great, just great, even I, myself now parted into at least two people that living in one body and fighting or mocking to each other.

 

 

Sighed.

 

 

‘I can see you’re in trance,’ my sister laughed.

‘It’s obvious, isn’t it?!’ I retorted.

My sister laughed harder and I reached out a water bottle.

‘Well, it’s all about a girl?’

‘I’ve never dealing much with any girl,’ I gulped water directly from the bottle.

‘Okay Casanova,’ she paused and glanced at me before turning her attention to the road again. ‘You know what? Even Casanova will meet his precious match.’

‘What are you trying to imply?’

 

My sister shrugged without bother to elaborate it. I rested my head on the back seat.

 

On the radio the music plays

I’m in love with her and I feel fine

 

The music was definitely not coming from radio, but the words after it caught my attention, I’m in love with her, am I? I don’t know.

Love was never occurring in my mind. 24 years I had been living in this world, girls who came into my life were uncountable but with one purpose, desire. I had never been in serious or proper relationship before, not even once. But then, she came and ruined everything. This was the game I had been playing for so long, only recently it didn’t work.

Which part is wrong?

You are the one who is wrong, dummy.

Can you please just shut up?

I groaned and I saw from the corner of my eyes, my sister laughed silently.

Even Casanova will meet his precious match.

Is she?

 

I close my eyes

 

This is what I’m doing right now, closing my eyes. Recalling her to come to my mind, it’s something I have never done before but surprisingly it’s very easy to picture her in my mind. The song is right, I probably am — I almost sure, though — in love with her and I feel fine.

I sighed before I know my sister was already pulled off the car and turned the engine off.

 

‘What …’ my question hung in the air as she got off, I followed her with my eyes and mesmerized at once.

 

 

 

Sunrise.

 

 

 

I had never seen something as captivating as reddish sunrise that I was seeing right now. Without thinking further, I got off the car, standing beside my sister and enjoying the beautiful silence among us. This was another side of my sister that far beyond of myself.  She adores the nature so much, everything about the nature is something beautiful for her and she never complains with my habit of playing with girls but never agrees either. Of course, she is girl herself; she might understand the feeling of being played. And suddenly I wondered if my habit becomes her reason for never going out with a guy.

 

‘It’s beautiful, isn’t it?’

‘Beyond that beautiful, no word can’t describe it,’ I said.

 

Wide smile crept from her lips.

 

‘Sunrise is like precious match you know, it is dazzling right in front of your eyes, blinding but in the same time, it’s warm,’

 

I turned my head almost immediately; I couldn’t believe what my ears heard, my sister, could her be?

 

‘How do you know?’ I asked.

‘Because I felt the same way you do now, you know, don’t think but  feel it … with this,’ she pointed my left chest where my heart belongs to. ‘Ahhh … what a worth drive,’ she chimed and walked back to the car as the sun getting bright. I took the last look before heading back.

 

It is dazzling right in front of your eyes, blinding but it the same time it’s warm.

 

Yes, she was right, it’s warm, fallen in love is warm. I smiled and slipped in the car before my sister resumed the drive.

 

‘Minhee,’ I called her out and she was just hummed as respond. ‘Thank you,’

‘For?’

‘This drive,’

‘Anytime,’

 

I think today is getting better with a sip of wine

And I can stand it for a while

 

I think so too, although maybe not with the wine, but it is okay. The day will be better when I finally have a clue how to put the puzzle on the right order and here I am, smiling like crazy and looking forward to our family’s holiday in my Haelmoni’s ranch.

I took mental note that I had never been happy to join with the rest of my family in the weekend, like today.

 

 

 

Sunrise is warm, indeed.

 

(Song, * In Trance by Scorpions)

 

 

 

Finally, Minhyuk's story posted!!!!

Read the other story okay? Visit the description page for each story link :))