Devil Wears Prada

You Belong With Me

 

It was Saturday night, and it’s Yi Jung and So Eun’s “DATE”. It’s tradition that they celebrate this day together…alone, just the two of them. No matter how important that event is, they should be spending Saturday together.

 

Unfortunately…

 

Mi Young arrived around 9PM on Saturday night. Eunnie was blabbing why she has to go with Yi Jung to fetch his “acting demure” friend.

 

“Jungee, can I just stay and welcome her here? And does she have to stay here? I mean, she can afford a hotel right? She’s a designer in New York…”

 

“California…What can I do? She wants to stay here and she said she has lots of gifts for you.” Yi Jung smirked as he started driving.

 

“Ya, like the hell I care. Before I know it, she’ll dress me up like I’m some chic to join in the flower parade.”

 

Yi Jung laughed at what So Eun said.

 

“Eunnie, she likes you. You should be more thankful you get a free make over.”

 

And Eunnie started hitting her…

 

“Muo? What do you mean thankful? Ya, was that supposed to be a joke?”

 

“Stop it, aniya, just put a smile on your face and hug her. I have a green ceramic and blue porcelain ewer on line. If she changes her mind and call off our deal, you’re so dead.”

 

“Me? Wae? Why me?”

 

“You’ll see. There she goes.”

 

“The devil wears Prada…” she uttered. They got out of the car and looked at the girl who was wearing a white tube dress and around 5” Prada heels.

 

Mi Young smiled as she saw Yi Jung waving at her. She hugged him and saw the frowning Eunnie scratching her head that changed her face once she caught a glimpse of her.

 

“Hey there potter.” She said as she hugged Yi Jung.

 

“Welcome Sophie.” He said.

 

“Sophie?”

 

“Sophisticated…” Eunnie scoffed.

 

“What did you say?” Mi Young asked.

 

“Nothing…let’s go?” Eunnie said taking her luggage.

 

“Aww, you never failed to surprise me Eunnie, and what did I tell you about wearing sneakers?”

 

So Eun gave her a fake smile and headed off to the car.

 

The drive home was quiet except for Mi Young who was making calls to her who-knows-who friends.

 

When they arrived home, Eunnie went straight to her bedroom and changed back to her nighties again. She was just about to sleep when she overheard her brother and Mi Young talking.

 

“Hey, that’s not fair, you get to enjoy while I have to suffer….ani, ani.”

 

She heard Mi Young laughing and she was sure that her brother, Yi Jung, was also enjoying.

 

“How disgusting…” she uttered.

 

Yes, she thinks it was disgusting but then she can’t sleep. Thinking about it makes it even worse that she wants to scrape Mi Young’s long brown hair.

 

“Aiissh, that brute girl thinking she’ll fool my brother with those silicon s and prada heels. What a shame, my brother doesn’t like sophisticated type of girls like her…I think he likes simple but elegant type of a woman…like…well, like me…”

 

Then she stopped thinking for a moment, recalling what she just said. She shook her head in disbelief…not only one, but twice…thrice.

 

So Eun’s POV:

Ani…ani, what are you thinking? Yesterday, you kissed him, and now you think he likes you? What a concept Eunnie… He’s your brother…He’s your brother… yes, keep on thinking about that…He’s your brother, but not your real blood brother…what? Yes, could be…no, no…think of Woo Bin…oppa… yes, think of him…Yi Jung…Yi Jung…

 

END OF POV

 

“Ahhh!!!” she screamed.

 

“Stop it Eunnie, you’re making the situation complicated.” Just then, she heard footsteps and her door opened.

 

“What happened?” Yi Jung said panting.

 

“Oh…ahh, nothing. Just practicing my…” then she saw Mi Young entering her room in an “almost see-through” night gown.

 

“Practicing my role…for our play…which is The Devil Wears Prada.”

 

“I love that movie, and I just have the right costume for you!” Mi Young said in delight that made So Eun flash a more disgusted face.

 

“Eunnie, it’s late. Go back to sleep, and I’ve a surprise for you tomorrow.” Yi Jung winked at her and closed the door following Mi Young.

So Eun let out a deep sigh as she sank again to her pillows. Luckily, her knight in shining armor, made a presence that night.

 

Hey Eunnie, what are you doing now?

 

She was thinking whether she’ll reply or just go to sleep. But since the thought of what she just heard lately doesn’t have any plans to leave her mind just yet…she decided to reply to his message.

 

I’m about to sleep oppa, how about you? Been a bad boy lately?

 

I don’t think so, I just spent my Saturday night watching movies and playing pool…alone.

 

Hmm, I’m having doubts on your last word. Well, unfortunately Yi Jung here is not alone.

 

Really? He bought you a sister?

 

Oh for who’s sake, he did buy me something from California…a blabbing machine. Talks all day, talks all night.

 

He bought you a what?

 

Nevermind, you’ll know soon. Goodnight oppa, sleep tight and don’t let the bed bug bites.  ^^

 

Okay…goodnight Eunnie.

 

 

After putting her phone on the side table, she waited for slumber to get her.

Meanwhile, Yi Jung and Mi Young were finally done finalizing their deal in the mini bar at the dining room.

 

“Okay, I’ll give it to you right after the fashion show. Just promise me that.”

 

“Okay, I’ll have your word on that. Why does it have to be her?”

 

“Yi Jung, she’s pretty, and almost perfect, she’s just not showing it to everyone…”

 

“Yeah, I know that…she’s contented having what she needs, and not having what she wants.  I don’t even know what she really likes or what she doesn’t like…she’s a little complex sometimes, but really, the best…”

 

“Ahh, what a loving brother. Well, I need to sleep now Yi Jung, I have a fashion show on Wednesday night and I need some rest. Night.”

 

She stood up and kissed Yi Jung…on his lips and went to the guest room where she’ll be staying for now. After Yi Jung emptied his glass, he went to So Eun’s room to check her out…

 

He went in, not making any noise…  he could hear So Eun’s deep breathing. He smiled, she was indeed almost perfect (according to Mi Young).  He was about to kiss her in her forehead when she accidentally tossed her head up that made him kiss her sweet lips. She was still sleeping.

 

Yi Jung was troubled, he felt like he was paralyzed. He can’t move his feet, he wanted to run out of her room, but he can’t… Then she moved again, beads of sweat are forming in Yi Jung’s temple. Forcibly, he stepped back and headed out her door, because of his nervousness, he failed to close the door quietly.

 

“Did he just kissed me?....” So Eun said.

 

Yi Jung covered his face with a pillow, he was panting.

 

“Appa, I kissed a girl…yes, she’s a girl…not just a girl, she’s my sister….my Eunnie. Aiiissh, stop it, it was an accident.” Then he closed his eyes, hoping he could sleep tonight.