Final

Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

UWAAAAAAAHHH!! Finally I finished this~~ after trying two plots, I decided to do this one instead.  hope I don't disappoint you guys. Enjoy~

PS. Update for IGLWE will either be by the end of the week or next week. Thank you ♥

 

 

“Na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae~” Dara sang as she put her final touches on her art project.

“Ah~ kyeopta~” she smiled brightly as she looked at her masterpiece.

“What the? Dara, we’re suppose to make something unique and original. And that is not unique and original.” Minzy said with a straight face. She’s Dara’s best friend, and they were currently making sculptures for their art project. Dara rolled her eyes at her best friend, “For your information, Minzy-ah, my work is original and unique. No one here made a Baekhyun sculpture, plus, mine’s got bacon for a hair so—”

“Ara. Ara. Just enough with Exo already. You’ve been mentioning them every minute of every hour of every day of every week of—”

“I get it. No more Exo, sheesh.” Dara cutted in with a pout. ‘What the hell is her problem with my Exo?’ She grumbled in her mind. Minzy just shrugged her shoulders at Dara. She clearly knew that Dara was having her tantrums again. ‘This girl really likes that boy group.’ Minzy mentally sighed at the thought. Dara had been a fan of Exo ever since they debuted. She had tons of Exo goodies, all of Exo’s CDs (signed), limited edition goodies she won from their events, and some signed poster from fan meets. She was trully a fan of Exo—especially a fan of Byun Baekhyun.

The school bell rang, indicating that it was time to go home. Dara neatly put her things inside her Exo backpack while humming Exo’s ‘Don’t Go’. Minzy came out earlier because she had clubs to attend to, while Dara has none for that day. She put on her backpack, then plugged her earphones and played her favorite songs from Exo.

 

 

“Naega nungama gidohan I sungani~ Geudae ein mameul anajulge cheoncheonhi~” Dara began singing while waiting for the bus. She was all smiles whenever it was Baekhyun’s part.

“Maen cheoeum ne kkum, ne mal, geu nunmulboda jinhan~” Dara felt the heat on her cheeks—she was blushing for no particular reason. ‘O wait, I’m blushing because of Baek’s voice. Kyaaahh~~’ She squealed in her head while stomping her feet giddily. ‘The things you do to me Baekhyun! There should be some kind of punishment for making your fan girls like this!’

The bus she was waiting for finally arrived ten minutes later. She entered the bus and mentally sighed in relief because there were only three people riding on it—excluding her and the driver. She chose to seat on the third row to the last near the window, since it was her favorite spot on the bus. She browsed at her phone to look for more Exo songs.

“Oh woah~ oh woah oh oh oh woah~” Dara started humming as she tapped her phone lightly, matching the beat from her song. “Seotuljiman neomu saranghaetdeon naui neoege danyeoga~” Dara was totally absorbed with singing Exo’s songs than she didn’t realize she was the only passenger left on the bus. She also didn’t realize that the bus came to its second stop, which was only a few blocks away from the SMent building.

Seconds later, Dara heard a distant shout, “Hurry up, you bunch of slow pokes!” Dara didn’t understand what the voice had said. She decided to raise the volume of her music so that she can’t hear anymore noises. “Ahjussi! Don’t close the door yet!”, Dara didn’t hear anything as she was singing along with Exo’s ‘XOXO’. Little did she know that certain boys just got on the bus that she was in.

“Haruharu mollae sseun pyeonji~ Geureoke kkeuteumage jeogeotji~ Geuraebwatja jun jeok eobtjiman ah~” Dara can’t help but do a little dance while singing Baekhyun’s part.

“Phew! We almost missed the bus because of manager hyung.” a boy with eyeliner huffed as he walked leisurely inside the bus. A dark-skinned boy followed behind him and slumped an arm around him saying, “If you only listened to manager hyung, then we wouldn’t have been scolded, you know?”

“Guys, let’s go sit at the back.” A doe-eyed boy said from the back, not wanting another argument. The others nodded and walked towards the back. It was only then that they took notice of Dara, who was smiling crazy like a mental person while saying something. “Nawa isseul ttae neon pyeonanhae~ Sido ttaedo eobsi jangnanhae~ Hayan useum useul ttae mada ah~” Dara continued to sing, though it was getting louder. The boys manage to hear what Dara sang, and it made them smile.

Dara remained oblivious to her surroundings. She was deeply immersed with listening to Exo’s music. ‘Oh, I haven’t watched Jin’s Gone MV yet! I keep forgetting, ugh!’ Dara was now listening to the music ‘Gone’ while the boys had their conversation.

 

P.O.V’s

Sehun: I never knew we had a beautiful fan as her. I wonder what’s her name~

Luhan: Piào liàng~ I wonder which one of us is her bias. I hope it’s me.

Suho: A dedicated fan. I want to hug and thank her for buying our merch!

Xiumin: What’s taking these guys so long to take a seat?

Lay: I’m gonna sit here like a boss~ “Xiuminie, sit beside me~”

Baekhyun: She’s—

 

“How about we sit before you scare our fan.” Kris said coldly while taking a seat beside Chanyeol in front of Dara. “Yah Kris, that’s my spot.” Baekhyun told while glaring at the tall guy, who was casually sitting like he didn’t hear anything. They thought of still sitting at the back even though Dara was there. They didn’t mind if she was a fan of them because  they found her cute anyway. “There’s plenty of seats left Baekhyun.” Baekhyun frowned when a boy with big ears spoke. “Thanks, Yeol.” Baekhyun snorted  with full sarcasm. The other members were now sitting comfortably in their own seats. Baekhyun glanced around and saw there’s one seat left—and that’s beside Dara.

Dara was on the part where Yoo Jung touched Xiumin’s face affectionately.

“Jeogiyo… miss?” Baekhyun softly called for Dara’s attention, but she couldn’t hear because of her earphones, and the fact that she was deeply focused on the video.

“Uhh, miss? Hello??” Baekhyun called a little louder this time, hoping to catch her attention.

In the video, Xiumin was about to get dragged away by two men from Yoo Jung. Dara held her breath, waiting.

 “Miss…” This time, Baekhyun poked her lightly on the arm. “Mi—”

“O.MY.GOSH XIUMIN!” The boys, especially Baekhyun and Xiumin, jumped in surpise when Dara suddenly shouted. The driver was shocked at her scream that he suddenly stepped on the breaks—making Dara, and the boys, lean forward. Dara hit her head on the metal bar, while the boys were able to stretch there arms in front so they wont hit their heads like Dara did. Baekhyun, because he was standing, fell on the floor. Dara leaned back slowly while rubbing her aching forehead. She took off her earphones while huffing, “Sir, can’t you be more careful in driving? You can hurt your passengers with that wreckless driving of yours.”

“S-so—”

“If you hadn’t shouted like a lunatic before, then the driver wouldn’t have stepped on the breaks.” Kris said grumpily. Dara stopped rubbing her forehead when she heard a familiar voice. ‘Is it me, or did I just heard Kris-oppa’s voice? How long have I been listening to Exo?’

“Don’t be so harsh on her, Kris. She might be watching Gone MV. Remember, Luhan was like that.” Suho said with a gentle voice. Dara’s eye’s widened when she heard another voice called the other, Kris. ‘Omo, Dara. Maybe a coincidence, right?’ Her heart began to thump fast.

“Yah, Suho, I didn’t shout like that.” Dara can hear the voice pout, if that was even possible. ‘Oh.my.Exo…’ Dara took a deep breath, then slowly turned her head up. Her eyes grew big as flew open. “Oh…My…Gosh…” Dara said slowly.

“Uh… hi?” Xiumin waved awkwardly at Dara. “Y-you…” Dara shakily pointed a finger at Xiumin. “X-xiumin…”

“GUYS… I still need help here!” Dara looked down and saw Baekhyun lying on his stomach. “What are you doing?” Dara blurted out the first thing that popped up into her mind. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “I’m just chillin’ here… on this cold, hard floor…  I think I might stay here for the rest of my life.” He answered with full sarcasm. Dara couldn’t easily register what had happened. There she was, just sitting quietly on the bus, just 15 minutes ago. But now, here she is, with her most favorite K-pop group, with her beloved bias. She should be excited. She should be spazzing by now—but this was different. It was unexpected.

“I’m getting extremely uncomfortable hereeeee” Baekhyun groaned, which brought Dara back to reality. Dara instantly assisted him to get up.

“Thanks.” Baekhyun smiled at Dara, showing his white set of teeth. Dara froze. She didn’t know what to react. Meanwhile, Baekhyun glared at each one of his friends for not helping him—though they just shrugged him off.

“Uhh… can we sit now?” Dara snapped back once more, and looked at Baekhyun while nodding silently.

Awkward silence filled the bus. Dara didn’t dare go back to listening to her music. Heck, she can’t even think straight. Who wouldn’t when you met the bias of your life in the most unexpected way, right? Dara just kept on fiddling with her phone, until someone cleared his throat. Dara looked up, and saw that Baekhyun was staring back at her. They were in that state for a few seconds ‘til Dara decided to avert her gaze. More staring and she would faint.

A few more minutes of silence. Dara really wanted to get off the bus now. Though it was a once in a lifetime chance, she wouldn’t stay still. And it was like her prayer was heard, the bus finally stopped in front of her block. Without looking back, she hurried down the bus and ran down the road.

“HEY WAIT!” she knew that it was his voice, but she can’t go back and face him. One, she was still embarrassed, and two, it was awkward. Although she can’t wait to tell all of this to Minzy. She smiled to herself at the thought. ‘I didn’t regret anything that happened today.’

 

                                                                                                                                                        

“Dara-ah, I’ll be going ahead, ok?” Minzy said as she carried her bag, and patted Dara on the head. Dara nodded happily as Minzy took off.

A week had pass after that lucky encounter. After that day, Dara didn’t dare take the bus ride home. She thought that if she saw them again, she would definitely faint on the spot. Don’t get her wrong—she’s still a hardcore fan of Exo, but the thought of meeting them that close— ‘Awkward…’. Minzy knew it Monday morning, and just laughed at her clumsy friend. Dara shrugged off the thought and strode off the room.

Dara walked to the train station and went home. Yes, she was taking the train now; it was faster compared to riding the bus. She was also confident that she would not meet them in a crowded place like that.

Dara threw her bag to the side and slumped on her bed as soon as she got inside her apartment. Just as soon as she did, her phone vibrated. She fished up her phone, and looked at the notification. Her eyes grew wide when she saw a message from Minzy on her facebook.

Minzy: Exo Special Event! Find Your Bias in a Bus!<< Look Dara-ah! Seems like they’re looking for you! Could it be that one of them has fallen to your weird charms? Kekeke~ ^_^

Dara flushed at the thought, but shook her head a second later.

Dara: Babo Minzy! Why would they hold an event j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter