Chapter 15

Love At College

Today is a Sunday morning and the weather is pretty good.

'Hyesung, go get change now. I'm picking you up in 10 minutes' Eric said right away he picked up his phone.

'Okay' he simply said and hung up.

Hyesung just decides to wear jeans and denim shirt since he's in the rush. After checking his hair for God knows how many times, he finally went downstairs. Soon after he steps out from his house, he could see a familiar car and that makes him smile immediately. After he got inside the car, he could see that Eric looks different. He looks somehow sad and troubled.

'Eric-ah, are you okay?'

Eric just simply gave Hyesung a weak smile and said he's fine. But knowing his boyfriend, he knew something was wrong but he didn't want to push him. The whole journey they kept quiet and just enjoyed the songs on the radio. But it's not awkward silence though, it's more like a comfortable silence. Hyesung hold one of his hands while the other hand is on the steering car.

Then they stopped at a convenient store and Eric went to buy some stuff. They continued their journey and after 10 minutes, Hyesung saw that they are at cemetery.

What are we doing here?

Then a moment of realisation hits Hyesung and he mentally kicked himself in the head for being so blind. Of course! Eric's mum! Great Hyesung, how can you be so stupid.

After he parked his car, he opened the door for Hyesung. Then he just followed the older guy behind quietly without saying anything. Then they stopped at a cemetery and there's a picture with it. Hyesung was stunned by the beautiful lady in the picture. She looks like Eric ; their nose, eyes and lips to be precise.

They got onto their knee and Hyesung waited for Eric to talk.

'Hey mum... I'm sorry for not visiting, I've been busy with work... How are you? I'm fine and I've been eating deliciously just like you want... I know that you would hate it if I don't take care of myself, so I've been leading a healthy life... Hahaha... Oh yeah, I came here today because I want to introduce you to this amazing guy beside me... His name is Hyesung... Shin Hyesung... He's pretty right? Just like you mum...' Eric said.

Hyesung knows that Eric wanted to cry but he holds his tears. He placed his hand on top of Eric's and squeezed it lightly. Eric just smiled weakly and suddenly he started sobbing.

'Mum, I miss you... So much that you don't even know it... But I know that you want me to be a strong boy... So I'll try to survive on this Earth for you' Eric said.

He turned to look at Hyesung who was giving him a sincere smile and said 'Hyesungie, this is my mum... Mum, this is Hyesung'

Hyesung nodded at him and turned to his mother, he bowed formally and said 'Good evening, aunty. I'm Hyesung and I'm his boyfriend... I hope that you will bless our relationship from above and watching us with lots of love... My feeling towards Eric is sincere and genuinely so please don't doubt me'

After Eric thought he has finished, Hyesung suddenly said with his bright tone 'Oh yeah! And one more thing... You are really pretty'. Eric just chuckled at his honest opinion and he couldn't agree more. His mother is the most beautiful person on Earth and he is proud of it.

In the car, they were silent again but later Eric spoke up 'You were surprised huh? Cause I didn't tell you anything'

'Obviously! But I should've known... I'm sorry Eric-ah'

'Don't be! You didn't know at all. And I brought you there today because today's is her 5th death anniversary... I'm sorry for looking like a sore loser just now... Every time I go there, I would cry' he admitted shyly, looking away. He was afraid about how Hyesung would look at him.

'You looked strong just now... I've told you to stop think like that!' he scolded but continued 'I'm grateful to see a new side of you Eric' and smiled.

They ended their day by visiting Eric's grandfather. They told him about their relationship and fortunately, he also blessed them and wishing them good luck.

'How can you choose my annoying grandson as your boyfriend? Can't understand you' Grandpa Charlie teased.

'Grandpa, you're so mean! Trust me, he likes me first with his shameless attitude' Eric smirked.

'Yah! At least I don't kiss people all of the sudden' he scolded with a pout.

Grandpa Charlie just laughed at the lovebirds in front of him.