Where Your Heart Lies

Where Your Heart Lies

“Are you sure you want to go back with Jonghyun?”

Key bit his lower lip and nodded his head. “I love him.”

Onew leaned forward, a hand caressing Key’s check. “Are you sure you love him? He left you for a woman with no thought of your feelings for him. Kibum, I love you… Please, stay.”

Shaking Key spoke his thoughts about the request. “It wouldn’t be fair for you. I still love him.”

“Key, I may have been the second man in your life but I was the first to love you. How can you say you love him after everything we’ve done? He doesn’t know anything about you. All he did was cause you pain by hiding your relationship and never returning your love. You deserve better than that.”

Tears fell from Key’s eyes. “Don’t…”                                       

“Why? When you were in pain and depression I comfort you. I’m the one that knows every intimate part of your body. I was there every minute of the day giving you nothing but love. How can you say you love him? You are confusing your feelings. Key, you may think you love him but you gave me your heart along with your body when we got together. But I’ll let you go if that is what you really want. You can go back to him but you will see that you don’t love him at all. I’ll be waiting here for you. I’ll be waiting for you no matter how long it takes.”

“Onew… Jinki… thank you… I’m sorry…” With that Key left in a hurry.

Onew smiled weakly and let the tears go. “Key… Saranghae…”

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Emotionless, Onew opened the door to his room. It’s been two weeks since he left. Two very long weeks. Two very tortures weeks. Seeing them everywhere was something he thought he could handle especially since he knew Key didn’t love him but, damn, it was painful.

“Are you just going to stand there or are you going to let me in?”

Standing before him was none other than Key. “Bwoh?”

“Aish.” Key easily pushed Onew out of the way and dropped his suitcase next to the bed.

“Do you have any idea how heavy that was? No you don’t. You just stood there, looking like an idiot. Those are very bad boyfriend qualities. Next time you better help me or else you aren’t getting any of this for a long time.” Onew just gawked at him. “Are you just going to stand there? No, I told you so?”

Onew’s famous grin appeared on his face and he laughed like there was no tomorrow. He walked to Key and wrapped him in a warm hug. “Gawd, I missed you so much.”

Lips met and time seemed to stop. Both forgetting about the past, drowning in the taste of each other. Neither heard the squeal of happiness from the maknae of the group or his yell to Minho telling him the good news.

Onew drew away still grinning. “Saranghae, Kibum. Saranghae.”

Key laughed at the joy and awe in Jinki’s voice. “I know. Who wouldn’t love a great Diva such as myself? Just like no one is going to love you as much as I will.”