Bangs

Bangs - Myungsoo

Laying on his stomach, his feet swayed in the air while he rested on your shared bed, flipping through a magazine while he waited for you to return home. Humming one of his latest songs, he skimmed the articles that looked interesting, noticing his band printed on the pages he happily read what was written below them.

Looking at your reflection in the large mirror in front of you, the hair stylist happily tapped her comb against her chin as she smiled at her job well done. Taking the mirror, she showed you the back of you hair as you nodded, thinking you looked kind of cute, you paid for the service and walked out the door once you choose your complimentary lollipop.

Unwrapping the small treat, you slipped the lollipop through your lips and the sweet sugary treat started to melt away on your tongue. Following the sidewalk down to the bus stop, you pulled out your phone while you approached the bus bench.

Glancing at your new notifications, you cleared some of them while others you opened. Tapping your thumbs happily against the screen, you pulled your ear buds out and slipped one of them in your ear, plugging the headphones into your phone, you tapped the music that you wanted to listen to. Busying yourself with the notifications on your phone, the bus soon stopped in front of you and you filed on the bus with everyone else.

Finding a seat, you looked at your reflection in the window, watching the buildings and cars pass in the distance, you nervously played with your hair, twirling it around your fingers, your hair was light and free from its dead ends. Bouncing up with every bump in the road, your loose curls hung lower than your shoulders while you worried what Myungsoo would think when you got home.

Street lights started to turn on while the sunlight faded, counting the stops before you got off, you looked down at your reflection in your phone. Looking through your bag you found one of Myungsoo’s black hoodies, slipping it over your head, you covered your bangs and looked at your reflection in the mirror.

Finding that the beanie covered your new hairstyle perfectly and just in time for your stop. The bus rolled to a stop, while you paid the driver and exited the bus. Moving between the apartment buildings that towered over you, you found your complex and walked through the doors, taking the stairs, you climbed them slowly while chewing on your bottom lip while you wondered if Myungsoo would like it or not.

Arriving at your door, you punched in the code and pushed the unlocked door open, slipping off your tennis shoes, you placed them next to Myungsoo’s before walking into your place. Heading into the bedroom, you saw the soft, yellow light spill from the opened door into the darkened hallway. Knowing that Myungsoo was home, you took a deep breath and moved into the bedroom.

Going right to the bathroom, Myungsoo’s head lifted when he saw something move quickly in front of the bed, hearing the bathroom door close, you pressed your back up against the door as you knew that you avoided him just for a little longer.

"Jagiya, is that you?" Myungsoo questioned as he sat up on the bed, leaning against the headboard.

"Y-Y-Yeah" You replied

"Are you okay?" He questioned, thinking it was a little odd that you went right to the bathroom and not giving him a welcome home hug.

"Y-Yeah I just want to shower" You told him through the door

"Okay, enjoy" He cooed back, before he started to whistle a familiar tune, closing your eyes and letting out a deep breath, you slipped into the shower and washed your freshly cut hair.

Once you were done, you wrapped one towel around your body and one towel around your hair. Unlocking the bathroom door, you held the towel tightly around you before you walked to the closet. Closing the door again, you changed into one of your favorite pajama sets, a large grey V neck t shirt and navy blue shorts that were loose and very comfortable.

All dressed, you peeked out of the door and saw Myungsoo looking right at you.

"What?" You questioned pushing the door open and folding one of your towels in your hands.

"I don’t know, something just seems a little off with you today" He told you, putting down the magazine that he had been thumbing through before you arrived. "Did you want to me dry your hair?"

"N-No, I can do it" You rose your hand to the towel that still balanced on the crown of your head.

Padding back into the bathroom, you closed the door slightly behind you, doing your nightly routine and combing through your hair, you looked at your reflection once more. Thinking that you did look cute, you took a few deep breaths before you hung up the towels to dry and turned off the light before you walked out and sat on the bed.

"Did you have a bad day?" Myungsoo asked seeing that your back was turned to him.

"No" You sighed, Myungsoo looked at you with worry starting to fill his eyes.

"Myungsoo" You played with your hands that rested in your lap, "C-Can I ask for your opinion on something?"

"Sure, jagi, anything" He leaned over, giving you his full attention, nodding your head, you turned and faced him.

"Do you like my bangs?" You softly asked, watching his face to see if he liked it or not, his eyes moved around your face as his hand gently moved up and covered his lips.

"You really look adorable" He told you with a genuine smile

"You aren’t just saying that, right?" You looked down at your hands

"I would tell you the truth, and honestly you are so cute with bangs" He nodded trying to persuade you, moving his hand from his mouth he just let his eyes move over your drying hair.

"Can I feel your bangs?" Myungsoo asked, his cheeks tinting a light shade of pink.

"Sure" You nodded your head, just making them bounce a little before you leaned over so Myungsoo could reach.

His fingers gently brushed against your bangs, a smile curled onto his face while he pet your hair, moving into his warm and comforting touch, you rested your head on his shoulder as he continued to pet your hair and play with your ends.

"I love the smell of your hair right after you shower" Myungsoo whispered against your hair

"So you just like what my hair smells like?" You questioned, your eyes gently closing

"No, I love all of you" Myungsoo reassures you, "I love your bangs too" He whispered before he kissed your head gently.

"Thank you, I wanted bangs for a while" You confessed as his grip just tightened around you.

"And they look great on you" He kissed your cheek softly, both of you happily drifted off to sleep talking about the rest of each others day.

However, the next morning came early, with your alarm going off, you dressed for work and stood in front of your mirror while you got ready for the day ahead. With every , you watched your colored brush gently tame your hair, after , moving the strands of hair into place while you stared into the mirror like it was your portal to another world, you sat there, combing after as it was almost methodical, your mind wondered before a mass leaned on the door frame and watched you stand before the mirror, smirking the man moved in and wrapped his arms around your shoulders. Placing his head on your shoulder, he smiled and kissed your cheek, snapping you out of your trans.

"You are the most beautiful of all and you get cuter by the day, and your bangs make you me fall in love with you more" He whispered softly, upon hearing his words your lips curled into a smile before you set down your brush in front of you with a smile and wrapped your hands around his wrists.

Turning around in his arms, he held you tight to make up for the welcome home hug that you skipped the night before. Good morning hugs were just as good after sleeping with Myungsoo in his arms.