blueberry haze

Blueberry Haze

"Wow, you're a legit stoner"

 

Jonghyun laughs as Kibum stares in awe at him leaned over his laptop stand and spreading some of the bundle of plant and breaking up the small green buds. The stand seems as if it's there more for that reason than for his laptop anyway, the thing was never on it. And yet, the first time he's seen Jonghyun genuinely use it, it's to roll a dutch. He'd never watched Jonghyun do this before, though he's always been aware of his habit. Peering over his shoulder now, Kibum feels like he'd different than he was before.

 

"Jesus..." Kibum marveled, the small ziploc bag half full with smaller pouches of weed is more surprising than Kibum thought it would be. It's too quiet and Kibum thinks that maybe he's rethinking his decision to finally take his first breath of the herb. He thinks too much in the silence that settles over them after Kibum asked Jonghyun what being high was like and Jonghyun suggested he try to see for himself and proceeded to show him what his latest preference happened to be.

 

Watching Jonghyun's fingers work at spreading some of the pungent plant in some brown wrapping, Kibum doesn't feel at all nervous as he assumed he would. Though he's sure it isn't excitement, he doesn't know exactly what he feels.

 

The buds feel weird when Jonghyun holds out a hand full in his direction. He knows it's grown, but it feels unlike any plant he's ever encountered. I looks furry and the reddish colored vines don't make it too appealing. And the strong smell of it is sweet, like something familiar yet unknown to him. Kibum gulps. Grimacing as Jonghyun lightly traces the insides with his tongue, Kibum can't imagine what it must taste like. He's not even looking at him, but Kibum knows from the way Jonghyun looks over at him out of the corner of his eyes that he can tell Kibum's questioning everything.

 

"Ew, what the hell are you doing to it?" Kibum scrunches up his face in disgust. "Why are you it?!"

 

"Jeez, Key, I'm rolling it. A little spit helps it stay closed." Jonghyun rolls his eyes and goes back to closing the blunt , careful with his fingers so that nothing falls out and he gets the blunt as tightly rolled as he can. It's heavily filled and Jonghyun can't help but to grin at the thickness of it between his fingers. Proud of the neatly rolled, minimally moist blunt.

 

"Perfect." he grins, handing the blunt to Kibum so that he can feel it too. He rolls it around in his hands and takes in the feel of it, though it isn't as if he can admire it like jonghyun does. It's the first he's seen.

 

"Smell it."

 

Kibum does. Bringing the thing to his nose and turning it to the exposed weed on the end. He breathes it in with no hesitation and Jonghyun is somewhat happy at this, though immediately he starts to cough, the potent herb irritating his inexperienced nostrils and making Kibum gag almost painfully. It's on the table and rolling to the floor faster than Jonghyun can even acknowledge that Key threw it.

 

"Why does it smell like that?" Kibum hisses, having no idea what he was doing, He could already smell it in Jonghyun's hands and a closer sniff was hardly necessary. "oh my god, Jonghyun-" he coughs more and tears start to build in his burning eyes. "What the ?!"

 

"It smells ing great, right? I can't wait to light this , Key." Jonghyun exclaims, rolling the brown stick beneath his nose. He feels buzzed already and somehow knows that it'll be the perfect high and he hasn't even lit the damn thing yet. Though, he knows it's most likely just excitement.

 

"Ugh, that's ing nasty...The way it felt and the smell and- I don't know about this anymore." Kibum groans through his hacking, rubbing his sore throat. His nostrils burn and he doesn't particularly like the drained feeling left from practically coughing up a lung. He hadn't even been smoking, it was just a sniff...

 

"You're just not used to it," Jonghyun says, dropping the blunt into a ziploc bag and shoving it in the back of his CD shelve behind some old albums where no one would likely look because he's the only one in the house who fancies old american music and because they avoid his room habitually. Sodam often says it smells like "boy," whatever that means, Jonghyun had no idea.

 

"But Key, Trainwreck is good - I mean, I wouldn't give it to you for your first time-"

 

"First time?" Kibum snorted, rolling his eyes."I'm not smoking anything, Jonghyun, not after smelling that . I would enjoy living another day."

 

"You're not gonna die," Jonghyun declared, rolling his eyes in the most exaggerated way.

 

"How do you know?" Kibum countered.

 

"It's weed, not meth. Just a few puffs of that and you'll be blazed for sure. Happy and dazed as hell, but not dead. It may even act as a muscle relaxer, but you won't die, I promise." Jonghyun laughs, and proceeds to push over the bean bag chair he had in the corner of his room. smacking his teeth at his next thought. "You might be a paranoid smoker though...that's never really fun, especially after Minho cried himself to sleep that one time..."

 

"You mean I'd get high and be scared as hell while I'm high? And practically turn to a noodle? That's totally not my idea of fun" Kibum groans once more and falls back onto Jonghyun's bed, closing his eyes and inhaling the familiar, much preferred scent of Jonghyun's bed. In the short few second, he dreams of the time when he wasn't so accepting of these things. "And you got Minho high and He cried? That's ing funny" He exclaims, trying to imagine the sight in his head. "Wow..."

 

Unfortunately, Kibum's quickly interrupted by the sound of another doubled ziploc bag, hopping to his elbows to see Jonghyun coming from the floor behind the bean bag with more weed, which he can only drop his jaw in sight of.

 

This time, the stuff is blue and Kibum smells blueberries.

 

"You'd probably enjoy this more honestly, it's high quality . Also, Minho wanted to hang out with us and I tried to warn him. The boy's way to eager." Jonghuyn looks proud.

 

Humorless, Kibum hums. "Yeah, the higher the quality, the better I'd feel about smoking it." He doesn't mean to be so correct about it, but Jonghyun agrees that a high quality is a quality high and tells Kibum he's catching on quicker than he expected.

 

"I think you'd like this one though. It's strong, but it's sweet and smooth. More importantly though, you don't even need blueberry flavored paper to taste the blueberry." Jonghyun boasts, emptying out another blunt and proceeding to roll the weed as articulately as he did the last one. "It's called blueberry haze~"

 

"That one smells better, but where the hell are you getting this stuff from? How are you managing to get this stuff in Korea anyway?" Kibum questions, moving in closely to Jonghyun's side and watching the process once more. He's more fascinated by it, and the color, than he supposes he should be and Jonghyun even looks extraordinarily appealing spreading the blue bud in it's new wrapper. "It's a lot too."

 

"I don't know, I get it from some kid named Taemin. Couldn't tell you how he got it. I get a good deal out of him, so I don't really question anything as long as the bud's good, you know?" Jonghyun sniggers, as if Kibum would actually know. Giving Kibum a pleased grin as he raises a hand full of the bud to Kibum, he says, "And it's always good"

 

"Right..."Kibum agrees flatly, feeling along the blunt as Jonghun presses it closed. The slightly wet outside doesn't bother Kibum as he takes it into his own hands and sniffs it like he did the other, albeit a much softer sniff. "Yeah, that one's definitely more exciting. It's smaller."

 

"Can't smoke too much or we'll waste the high and get sleepy."

 

They share a look and Kibum can tell Jonghyun is questioning whether he want's to try it or not by the way he looks at him. Maybe thinking he shouldn't try it, having always said one of his favorite things about Kibum is his ability to complete ignore peer pressure. Or maybe he's just excited that Kibum finally decided he wouldn't mind giving Jonghyun's guilty pleasure a try. He suspects the latter, yet Kibum doesn't dwell on it too much because Jonghyun's tongue is in his mouth before either of them could say anything about it.

 

They move slowly, lips molding nicely against the other and tongues twirling around the others. Kibum tugs Jonghyun's bottom lip with his teeth as they pull away, a sickeningly cute grin appearing across Jonghyun's face as Kibum lets go. He loves it when Kibum does that.

 

"Fine, I'll do it, I ing smoke with you, but if it I'm never forgiving you." Kibum blurts out, shoving the blunt into Jonghyun hands and crossing his arms.

 

"You don't have to, you know? No pressure, I'll love you either way," Jonghyun adds, just to be safe as he holds in a cheer of joy. He doesn't want to pressure Kibum, but he's sure that if Kibum didn't want to, he wouldn't do it. It's Kibum after all.

 

"I know, Jonghyun. I want to, okay? Just to try it. I won't chicken out either, I promise." Kibum smirks, laying his head on Jonghyun's shoulders. "You sure your mom's not gonna come home anytime soon though?" Playing with the fire on Jonghyun's one piece lighter,  Kibum lets the fire burn a little close to the blunt without lighting it.

 

Packing the rest of his small bundle away, Jonghyun nods fervently. "Yeah, She's away with my sister for something, I forgot what exactly."

 

"Can I light it then?" Kibum asks, a sudden spurt of excitement seeming to rise with into him. He moes to sit against the head board and rest a pillow in his lap. "Oh , how do I even smoke it right?"

 

"Just light it, I'll show you-" Jonghyun insisted gaily, crossing his legs and moving to sit directly opposite Kibum. The grin having yet to leave his face. "I can't guarantee it'll be good, the first time's different for everyone, you have to inhale it right too."

 

"Yeah, okay." Kibum puts the blunt in Jonghyun's mouth, lighting it there and grimacing lightly at the smell that swims through the air between them almost immediately. It didn't take very long to roam. He coughs a little. It really smells like blueberries.

 

"When you inhale, do it slowly and breathe some too-" Jonghyun closes his eyes and takes another long drag, holding it for some seconds before blowing a thick, O shaped puff of smoke at Kibum."Taking in too much would just make you cough it up. I usually just take moderate puffs and hold it only a few seconds." He takes another drag and passes it to Kibum.

 

"Exhale, drag, breathe and hold, okay?"

 

Kibum nods. "Okay." holding it too his lips  awkwardly because it just feels so foreign.

 

Exhale, drag, breathe and hold. He closes his lips around the end and in as much as he can, watching the burning tip consume the brown wrapping as he breathes.

 

Breathe and hold. He takes the blunt from his lips and takes a small breath, holding the smoke until he's coughing and Jonghyun's reaching up to pat his back as well as take the blunt from his hands. "Fu-uck, that burns..."

 

"That was good, just don't to much in, go slow." He closes his eyes and takes another hit, the smoke leaving his lips in slow clouds that Kibum finds to be strangely appealing. His hooded khol rimmed eyes and the weed held against his lips is something Kibum never thought he'd find attractive.

 

"When is this supposed to-" Coughing. "start working?" Coughing.

 

"Give it a minute, it's pretty quick actually, it just hits you." Jonghyun snaps his fingers. "Gotta stop coughing to get really high though, haaa" He teases, and Kibum plucks his thigh before taking the blunt back.

 

He takes another puff, and another and fights away his coughing as Jonghyun takes his turns. Smoke leaving Jonghyun's lips is just a y as it was the first time he saw it, though the highlighted mess that is his hair makes it even better. Everything about Jonghyun just looks so perfect.

 

It isn't long before Jonghyun tells him, assures him, that it's working and Kibum knows exactly what he means, but doesn't at the same time.

 

"This tastes like blueberries." Kibum states and Jonghyun informs him that the stuff is actually called Blueberry Haze. It's bluish tint isn't for nothing.

 

"It's good isn't it? How do you feel?"Jonghyun asks him, but Kibum doesn't know how to respond. He's nervous and fidgeting at first and his throat still feels dry. He doesn't know what he feels, what does being high even feel like?Numb, he decides. He feels numb.

 

Minutes pass and he feels light too, as if his arms have no weight at all and more than once the blunt fall from his hands as if they aren't even his and Jonghyun can't help but laugh. As if he has no control over his own limbs anymore. Through lazy blinks and half closed eyes, Kibum can see Jonghuyn's eyes are low, and hazy and Kibum is sure his own are starting to look exactly the same.

 

"Holy , Jonghyun..." He breathes, closing his eyes and taking another hit, clumsily almost tangling their fingers together when Jonghyun reaches for the blunt. "Oh my god, Jonghyun." He feels slow, everything feeling like it's going in slow motion. When he closes his eyes it's like floating.

 

"You feel it?" Jonghyun asks, puffing the nearly gone blunt once more and talking through the smoke that leaves his mouth. "Feels good right?"

 

"I feel something." Kibum groans, turning his head away and shaking it when Jonghyun attempts to put the blunt back in his mouth.

 

"Yeah, It's something." Jonghyun agrees.

 

"What kinda name is Taemin~ for a drug dealer anyway?" He blurts out, and Jonghyun shakes with genuine amusement, his laughter only making Kibum join him. "It sounds so...soft" He says between laughing. Tears build in the corner of his eyes and falls into Jonghyun's lap, draping his limp arms around Jonghyun's shoulders. "How did you even meet Taem?"

 

"I don't even know-"Jonghyun breathes, blowing his last puff of smoke into Kibum's hair with the boys head snuggles close to his face. "I think...I think he's my friend now though." Jonghyun shrugs. He's more of a composed smoker, but he's knows the feeling of not knowing what to do yourself.

 

Kibum stares at him for a moment, admiring the appeal of his face for the umpteeth time that day. His eyes lose focus soon and Jonghyun's guitar in his peripheral vision becomes apparent. Suddenly, he wants to hear music, because Jonghyun's very much into it and Kibum takes a liking to pretty much anything Jonghyun plays because Jonghyun's plays it.

 

"Play your guitar, Jong, I wanna hear a song." Kibum sings, crawling over Jonghyun's body and pulling his acoustic guitar from it's corner besides Jonghyun's bed. "Play something nice."

 

"I wrote a song about weed the other day, but it sounds like a love song when you're...um...what's the word? Regular?" Jonghyun squints in thought. "I call it..."

 

"Not high?" Kibum carols. "Weed gets a love song before me? Not fair, Jjong."

 

"I could d-dedicate it to you?" Jonghyun reasons, pulling his guitar into his lap and sliding to the floor and strumming random cords. Jonghyun hummed lightly as Kibum moved about idly, doing some kind of dance that probably isn't as articulate or well done as he feels it is, but it feels right. As much as he loved to dance, dancing while feeling whatever the hell he was feeling was an experiencing that just made every movement more exhilarating.

 

"Play it louder~" He whines, snapping is fingers and rolling his head around and then waving his jelly arms over his head lazily. Jonghyun strums a little louder.

 

"It’s a mysterious, no, it’s a strange thing...it might be a sickness." Jonghyun sings, and follows Kibum with his eyes as best he can given his vision wasn't as straight as it could have been. "..um...I have no strength in my body, I can’t control it-" He pauses for a moment, forgetting how it went suddenly, what he was singing may not have even been entirely what he wrote word for word, but jonghyun was fairly sure he had the right idea.

 

"These bad symptoms appeared after I met you." Jonghyun continues, and Kibum eventually falls next to him, backing up his vocals dramatically.

 

"Jonghyun~" He sighs, though he doesn't know if he's said it out loud or if it was just a thought when he opens his eyes. Falling back against the side of Jonghyun's bed and stretching out his arms. Kibum wiggles his finger and caresses Jonghyun's face. His crooked, narrowed eyed smile makes Kibum feel a rush of something like bliss, pure euphoria even. He can't help but to smile back. "You look so good to me."

 

"You look better" Jonghyun says, pushing the guitar out of his lap and allowing Kibum to slide his leg over him and fill in the open space between them. "Everything looks better when you're...high." Jonghyun says, sliding his hand up Kibum's thighs.

 

Kibum runs his hands through Jonghyun's hair, brushing it back and running his fingers through it. "Does everything feel better then?"

 

"Yeah, it does." Jonghyun grins, his hazy eyes are half closed and Kibum thinks it's hot. "Wanna test it out?"

 

FIN~

 

To who ever can guess what song the lyrics are from I'll dedicate a oneshot to you LOL