Lotus

The Red Knight

Lotus



He was vicious, atrocious, but atleast he has that cute side that everybody would love. He always snap his fingers, stop the time and visit every children that once cry; and his perfect, soothing face are always the reason why babies are enticed with his face, not bothering to make noises again. This situation went on, but it stopped until he met the baby who made his heart stop for one second. He had barely breathe for a second; as he looked at her future, it seemed dull in his eyes. For once in his life, he stopped visiting children, which caused to a lot of depression for him. For him, children are like stress relievers. Once he looked at their eyes, his stress starts to shallow down into the earth, until it was barely seen. 

"My dearest son, are you gonna be forever like this? Hiding in your own shadows for years, and not going to have a child? Please, let our family develop its years." the father had spoken into a very displeased voice, making the young one sigh. "Sire, I will never like children again for some have the most atrocious o-"
"You are not leaving in this world until you inherit that immortality! I have never been selfish in giving you that!" his father cutted him off immediately, which apparently had made the frame fall. Yes, he is talking to a frame, and it is one another power of his."I'm tired, my son. Don't ever let your Great Grandfather be disappointed with you." 

"Yes, sire."

Two decades after.
Staring blankly at the Princess, the lady had made him remembered the true apocalypse of his immortality. "G-good day. What are you doing here, sir?" the lady had broken the froze, making the knight laugh. "Thou do not know me, milady?" he stared right into the lady's eyes fiercely, being very stingy, just looking by his stare. The lady glared at him in response, letting out a mocking scoff, "You think you can defeat me in that way? Forgive me, but I'm not leaving, for this is my territory." she proudly took a seat on the edge of the fountain, dipping her hand against the water to feel the breeze, and getting one lotus flower as a sign of appreciation for the nature. The Knight was pleased, but he never took his attention away in being stingy with her. "I'm not even commanding you to leave. What is your purpose here, anyway?" he was burning inside, but hence he had the quite courage to talk to her, you know Kim Heechul's temper is not so good. "The name's Seolbu. Seo for short." the amiable lady had stretched her hand, but this knight was too busy looking at her chinese-like face. Gasping at the moment, he had stood back. "You know Chinese people are not allowed here, not during war, milady."
From that moment, he had sense that the lady he had been talking to is a Princess, but an illegal one. He had foresee every thoughts that was going to the lady's mind, and it was very obvious that the lady wasn't even happy about it. She was shocked, she had dropped the Lotus, and stared at the knight. She wasn't pretty sure on how to say it; for she is illegal in this country. She looked more like a Korean, but if you look closely she is not. Whispering out of despair, the lady had verged in tears, "Please, let this be not spread. Korea is my only hope." she was speaking in full korean. Perhaps this lady had been living here in Korea for more than years, and it was secretly illegal.
He turned his back in order to think more. Listening to the sound of the birds chirping, he then turned his back to arrest the lady,
"This is wrong. You are under arrest." but in just one blink, the Princess was solely gone.


Waking up from his dream, the elder had yawned and sitted up in disappointment. Seeing white in color of his room instead of red. "Jungsoo," he called with a sigh, a palm on his face was displayed to signal a scarce facial expression. The white, happy man had arrived with a cheerful smile. "I have been waiting for your rise, my knight." he slid into his chamber, making the elder chuckle slightly with a scarcasm. "Park Jungsoo, look how you made my room so gothic!" to Kim Heechul, white color is perhaps gothic, lifeless for him, and red was more of a colorful one; a voluptuous one. "Well - for me, white is a one of a kind color. It represents life, and pe--" 
"It represents life and peace, eh? Is it worth a gold for you to keep my furniture white?" 
he demanded playfully with a smirk, rolling out of his bed and standing back in front of his room, closing his eyes and thinking of how the room should look like. There forth the room is, it was full of dark shades of red. Maroon, Velvet, and everything gothic. Once the knight had turned his head to get the answer of the elder, then he shook his head. "Well, it is your weakness, then" 

With the Knight's place, there he had five chambers. The Red, his room. White, Jungsoo's room. Velvet, the kitchen. Maroon, his library and the last one - Violet, a cold, and an abandoned place. This place was meant for his future son or daughter. Whereas, his son could be named as a Purple Knight, or a Violet Knight. All of the ancestors are called in their own colors, and never had the legend been ended. 

Worrying about the pestilence he is yet about to receive, he slowly went down to the Velvet chamber. Sagaciously thinking of a plan to seclude the Princess, to keep her away from his immortality, and let him live by the power of independency. "I've got to think, I've got to think." he murmured down a slow chant, as if he was into a deep phantasm. A deep, cold stare had piereced through his eyes, sending that glare into Jungsoo's eyes - which made him wish that he was onto his coffin right now. For he deeply knew, that if Heechul looked like that - there is an utmost possibility he's going insane. "Jungsoo, I believe you had receive an invitation from the palace, right?" the elder nodded, and handed him the letter. Soon enough, the elder had joined the knight to get his red suit and mask ready for the ball. 


 


"I thought you have no interest in going to that ball, sire?" he asked smoothly and in a friendly way. And not definitely for the first time, the knight had answered cruelly, "On a second thought, I have never command ye to make me change my mind." he was on his way, bringing forth the sweet floral basket. "Are you gonna deceive a damsel's heart at last, sire?" the knight had gave him one last, death glare. "I am just asking, for I can have a feast when that little damsel had say yes unto you; for I shall be free." he gave him a soft, playful smile before closing the gates, and letting his sire have his way forth the palace from the South. Letting out a soft chuckle, the white lover elder had once again let out a happy sigh, "That old man, I'm older than him but he never had respected me." memories had flashed back long before they were children, and he had displayed a smile of a child; a happy, dauntless one. "I hope you'll find the right one, for I had blessed you your happiness for a long long time, but yet it hasn't come to deliver yet." 

It was a cold, starry night, and Heechul never cared about it because he never feels the cold, and he is never bothered by it. The weather is like nothing to him, anon he dismounted from his black, fierce horse. Still carrying the lotus flower he will come to give the Princess - he predicted that the damsel he will soon meet would like a fresh, new lotus flowers. Walking towards the palace, and surrendering his invitation up to the guard, he walked in with a smile. "Now to find that damsel in distress," he smirked playfully, fixing his hair long before deepening his vision in order to find his target. He was desperate, and he was viciously inlove with his immortality. Frowning in failing to find the damsel, he paced faster, breathing uncomfortably and hearing sounds he ain't suppose to hear. This is not true, he tried to pursuade himself.

But actually, what he is hearing right now is true.
The damsel is needed to be saved by his prince.

 

There were slapping and screaming, "Help," ringing from his ears, and he couldn't help but think it was the damsel's voice. Pretty sure, his  mind was focused on the target, that's why he had the power to hear ten feet away. He had been holding onto the Lotus flower, scared that he might fail to stop whoever might is hurting her. She is the only one who could make his immortality stay. "Just hold on, I'll be right there." running into the sound where the screaming, and whining had been coming from, he had speeden up. Only crying was heard this time - the slapping had stopped. He had the power to barge inside with his invincible powers, only he could do. Coming from the front door, he had knocked quietly. "Someone needs help?" 

It couldn't be him she thought, "Who is it there?" she whispered back, but it was sure that the knight had heard it. Having been disappointed with her reply, he had unlocked the door by destroying the doorknob. There he saw the damsel lying on the floor with a smear of blood against her face and she was crying. A glare pierced through the man's eye, as she was disappointed it wasn't his real prince. "What? Have you declared to the world that I am not a legal Korean?"  there was silence, perhaps. But Heechul immediately managed to break it. "What happened?" he had lifted his hand up in order to clear the blood, but the damsel had erased it. "I am not pleased by your answer." but then, he insisted to touch her face, even cleaned it. "Stop, I am not hurt. But what has brought you here? Did you hear me screaming?" there was no answer then again, for Kim Heechul never had commented, nor answered in decency. One example is by the way he speak to his elder, Park Jungsoo. 

"Why? Do you even know me?" 

"Silly, you think I wouldn't know you just by your voice? You are one, dauntless, sagacious red knight, and I had hated you for the time being." 

"Well then, let's see who needs help, me or you? I am very sure you are in need of help." the damsel had furrowed her eyebrows in a fierce way. 

"You are illegal, I am not. I am a knight, you are a damsel. Honestly speaking, I am more of a great sorcery than you are." he stood up and paced back and forth, just like what a knight does to every typical conversation,
"I have many benefits, surely, I need you, damsel." 
"Sorry, the damsel doesn't need your help." and without any hesitations, the knight had left the lotus flower on her lap - leaving the room after. The knight has a decency left on his part as well, he just doesn't show it that much.

"Lotus, my favourite flower." whispering cheerfully, she had smelled the flower. "It's like myself; grew up in a murky - a dark, gloomy life, enjoys the warm light, but is intolerant about the cold. I shine in the morning, but fall into the evening. This is how my life is, and I shall not take regrets; and move on if I have to." she was nearly to cry, but prevented it for she knows there was a person outside her door who might hear her. Without any hesitation she placed the lotus on a new vase beside her table - getting one petal from it, she displayed that petal on her collection notebook, keeping in track on how many petals she had received.

Yes, Heechul had heard her. Maybe he was symphatizing her now, but he ain't have no idea to back up this time. He is ready to deceive that woman's heart, in order to get his immortality. Dead or Alive, he needs that damsel, and he will risk everything in order to make this country go on, and improve to the way it is. For Heechul's leadership is still unknow, he will go on and seek justice for all. 

 

He is perhaps, a one true knight, eh?