Nothing But Memories

Back To Where We Belong

The picture frame left is the only memory left. The couple tees hanging on the sofa, the customised cups, the matching bathroom slippers are just there in the house, making me realised that I loved him so much. I wanted to throw all of these the day he left but I cant bring myself to do so. I sighed as I slumpped on the sofa.

The brand new piano which I got for him, the refrigetor with the newest technology which he won in the lucky draw. I missed his smiles. The times when he'll hug me from the back, telling me that he'll never let me be alone anymore in life.

Looking at the empty house, empty room, only filled with stuff that make me think that he's still right here. As I went to work, I immersed myself into it, pushing out all my negative feeling. However, with every tick of the needle on the watch, I remember that he gave this to me for christmas. Our first christmas.

"I'm home!" I shouted again. I guess I'm not used to it yet, not used to being alone. The house we bought together, our home, our only place with solitary. I used to long for quietness and now I wanted noise. But not any noise, I wanted to hear his voice. I dialled his number and the phone rang till it was sent to voicemail. "I miss you so much! Are you happy over there? I might be selfish but I hope you'll remember me." I hanged the call after that messsage I said. What's wrong with me? I could hardly believe myself. Why would I say all that? He would not hear it, will he?

Cooking up an extra meal, just cause I forgot he wasn't here. I just stuff the extra serving into the fridge. I touch it, "Hmm, he won you at a lucky draw. How lucky is he?" I speak to the nonanimated object.

I looked to the ground, if only I hadn't lost the baby... That was the only present he left me, and I lost it. My ties with him is fully servered. I really have nothing on me that is his. All this stuff will be gone one day and will my memory cease to exist too?

I touch onto the ring on my finger. We were engaged, we were happy, we were married. Why did this have to happen? I the stove, cooking another meal. I forced myself to remember, only one serving. Yet, I made enough for two again and not only that, I made his favourite food.

I'm fed up with this life. I've been sending him emails and SMSes, to which none was replied. I can't bear to walk into a house I used to call home. I can't accept that he isn't around. I just can't believe he will never be next to me anymore.

"Honey, how could you leave me alone? After promising that you would never leave me, never let me feel loney, never make me cry?" I sobbed over the phone, to the voicemail, again. "Dear, do you know how much I'm going through without you? Do you realise that I, I can't live without you? You never break your promises, but why now?" My voice is getting muffled by the tears and mucus clog up in my nose. "If you don't come to me, I'll... I'll go to you. Wait for me..." Just as I finish my sentence, I droped my phone. My consiousness fades away and I know what I did. That bottle really did work... all I did was to take chunks of sleeping pills, drugs I always needed to fall asleep after he left, and I'll meet him in a faraway place know as heaven...