○ 1 ○

My heart is always for you... ♡

I stood before you, your grave, to be exact. I was wearing the shirt you bought me last time, for my birthday. It said - You + Me = Always & Forever ♥. I know, cheesy line for a shirt, but I still wear it every time I think of you. I ooened my palm, and saw the ring that I bought for you, before you left me. It was a custom-made ring, with a purple and a blue heart, having our intials engraved on each other's favourite colours. I knelt down, my grip on the ring tightly. I stared at your name on the tombstone for hours until a drop of water fell on me, and soon grew to a downpour. I didn't budge from the place though.

"Sooyeon, you remember? Where we met for the first time? It was raining at that time too" I said, chuckling to myself.

I slowly went back in time, remembering the day.... I got you, my Angel.

| Flashback |

I was walking on the road, whilst people hiding from the pouring rain. I didn't care at all, I loved the rain. It made me clear my confusing thoughts away. Though I didn't have any confusing thoughts, I still wanted to walk in the rain. I reached a park, and sat on one of the benches. I unconsciously slept away on the bench, in the heavy rain. I felt something being put over me, as I was shivering badly. I couldn't open my eyes, but I heard a voice. An angelic voice. 

"Wake up...." the voice said. It was a girl's voice.

"H-mm??" I whimpered. It was too cold.

"Where is your house oppa??" She asked. I couldn't reply because it was too cold. I didn't hear any voice after that. When I finally woke up, I saw my four best friends staring at me like I was a showcase piece or something.

"You finally woke up hyung! You remedy worked Key!!" Jonghyun clapped his hands and gave Key a smile.

"Huh??"

"Who told you to sleep in the park while it was raining? You were frozen like ice you know!!" Key nagged like usual. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"We searched for you the whole night!!!" Taemin said. All of that confused me. I ignored it and went back to the bed.

| Flashback |

I was smiling to myself. I actually found you the next day, when I was buying some groceries. You were right beside me. It was awkward.

We then became friends and soon got into a relationship. It was beautiful. I loved every moment of it. Until, I was found to be having a hole in my heart. A fatal hole, which will cause death if not replaced by another heart. I still remember you holding your tears in, and trying to be normal, thinking I didn't know, but I did. I did know that you were hiding the fact that I was to die soon if I didn't get a new heart. But I had an advantage - I had a rare type of veins which will fit any heart. It was a name that I couldn't tell. Three months later, the doctor said I got a heart and was to be scheduled for surgery the next day. You promised that you will be near me, and you were. You were with me while the surgery happened. Beside me, holding my hand. Your face was the last thing I saw before going unconscious. 

When I woke up, all I got was a letter.

"Annyeong oppa!

                  I'm sorry I couldn't be there till your operation finished. It was successful right? It should be, because it's my heart that was replaced with yours. Yes, my heart is within you, beating continuously. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. The doctor said he couldn't get any heart, so I volunteered and gave my heart to you. Keep it safe okay? I'm always within you, keeping you safe and sound. Please live, at least for my heart

Yours, 

Sooyeonnie~♡ "

I felt something warm roll down my cheeks, like a small stream. I pressed the paper closer to my chest, where my heart- no, your heart was. I cried over and over for days, locking myself up inside. I tried to come to you, but something prevented me from it. Whenever I tried to commit suicide, your heart will beat so fast, as if telling me to not do it.

 

My hands went to the place where your heart was, and lightly touched it. I felt.... happy.  I remember your words, your last words to me.

"I wanted to be with you forever and ever, Onew,

I'm always in your heart, I'm always your heart,

Keep it safe..."

"Why? I didn't ask you to..

I wanted to be with you, even if I'm not anymore.

But...... you left me, for me" I said. I felt a cold breeze go past me, almost like you went past me. Like you told me an answer.

I'll keep you safe, always. I won't let anything harm you in me.

I thought, covering your heart with my hand, as if protecting you.