Hawaiian Couple

Hawaiian Couple

 

Hyunseung couldn’t understand people at times. A lot of them told him that Junhyung looked extremely unfriendly and harsh at first sight, but he thought that they were sorely mistaken.

The first time Hyunseung had seen Junhyung, the younger male had been laughing and joking around with Yoseob. Something their eventual main vocalist said had caused Junhyung to break out into a smile. The cutest smile that Hyunseung had ever seen. He had frozen in his dance moves and Doojoon had smashed into him.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing?” Doojoon had yelled, but Hyunseung merely scrambled to his backpack and grabbed his cell phone, furiously texting Jiyong-hyung.

To: G-0 hyung
Hyung. I think I just saw the cutest smile of my entire life. This feel, hyung.

A few hours later, Hyunseung’s phone vibrated in his pocket as he tried to stop staring at Junhyung, who was now talking to Doojoon about something or other? Hyunseung made a mental note to ask Doojoon what they were talking about, because Junhyung was smiling the sweetest and most adorable smile ever.

To: Hyunseungie
I know that feel. Gaho needs to stop smiling so much every day.

Hyunseung thought, as he watched Junhyung smile in triumph after recovering his laptop, Junhyung still had the most cutest smile to ever appear on the Earth, no matter what Jiyong-hyung said about Gaho.

—-

Junhyung slumped over a cushion on his bed, his precious laptop propped up in front of him. He could feel the heat pooling in his cheeks and his heart pounding against his chest. He chewed on his lower lip as he continued watching the video on his laptop, fists clenched onto the stuffed Coke bottle plushie a fan had gifted him.

“Hyung, what are you doing?”

“Oh my god, what the !” Junhyung shrieked in shock as he slammed his laptop screen shut in panic as he heard the band maknae and felt the tall giant plopping into the free space between Junhyung and a sleeping Kikwang.

“Are you watching ?” Dongwoon asked with a displeased expression, curling up next to Kikwang who started clinging onto him unconsciously.

“I was not watching ,” Junhyung replied indignantly, hugging his laptop to himself. Dongwoon stared at him for a while more, disbelievingly, before dismissing the band rapper to cuddle with Kikwang.

“Whatever you say, hyung.”

So of course, at their next meal, Dongwoon piped up to Kikwang while they were eating between schedules that Junhyung had been watching the night before.

“I was not watching !” Junhyung shouted, momentarily forgetting that they were in a public restaurant where there were other patrons who were possibly their fans. He shrunk back into his seat when a few of the wait staff turned to stare. Doojoon had glared at Dongwoon after dislodging the rice that Yoseob had choked on and told their maknae not to make ridiculous accusations about his hyungs in public. He could do that at home and in the safety of their dormitory where no one would be able to write nonsensical rumours about whether or not Junhyung watched .

Junhyung didn’t know whether to be relieved or to get angry at their leader, but he settled for just shovelling his food into his mouth when Hyunseung turned to look at him with that stare.

That night, after their schedules, after Junhyung had successfully kicked a pouting maknae back up to the upper bunks, Hyunseung flipped from facing the wall to face Junhyung.

“I was not watching ,” Junhyung said flatly as he snuggled into his bed, a little too close to Hyunseung’s to actually be comfortable.

“Yeah, I know. Why were you watching fancams of me and why did Dongwoon think you were watching anyway?” Junhyung didn’t think it was possible to be more mortified than he was at the fact that his boyfriend had caught him watching fancams of said boyfriend.

“Iwasjustwatchingyoudancebecauseitwasreallycool,” Junhyung mumbled in a rush of breath, burying his face into his pillow. When Hyunseung leaned over to Junhyung’s bed and coaxed the rapper’s face out of his pillow, the grin that greeted Junhyung took his breath away. Junhyung mentally chided himself for behaving like a high school girl; he was not a girl.

“You know, you can just ask me to dance for you,” Hyunseung reminded Junhyung, giving the rapper a light peck on the lips.

Junhyung resisted the urge to just swoon on his bed and into Hyunseung’s arms, something that he was wont to do whenever Hyunseung was, well, just being himself.

—-

Hyunseung closed his eyes and focused on the sound of Junhyung’s voice coming from inside the recording studio. They were recording for their next album and Junhyung was currently doing his singing parts. The planning team had asked Tiger-hyung to give Junhyung some singing parts, since a lot of the fans had been asking for Junhyung to sing. Junhyung had obliged to the request, as long as it was not on their next title track. So here were the other five members of B2ST, listening to Junhyung singing.

The last time Junhyung had sang for any of their albums was during the recording of BEAST IS THE B2ST, which felt like eons ago to Hyunseung. Ever since they wrapped up promotions for their debut mini-album, Hyunseung rarely heard Junhyung singing.

Junhyung must have secretly been practising his vocals anyway, because his voice was still as smooth and melodious as Hyunseung could remember. He managed to execute his parts with close-to-perfect technique, although he struggled to emote at the same time. Hyunseung nodded his head to the beat of the song and the sound of Junhyung being directed by Tiger-hyung. Sometimes, as the lead vocalist, Hyunseung thought that Junhyung sang really well and it was sometimes a waste of his talent that Junhyung didn’t sing as often as he rapped.

Hyunseung opened his eyes and looked at Junhyung through the thick tempered glass between the two rooms. Junhyung met Hyunseung’s gaze and gave a shy smile, his eyes crinkling into half-moons. Hyunseung felt himself tightening his grip on the arm of the couch that he was sitting on as he returned the smile as confidently as he could while feeling like he was drowning in a pool of Junhyung’s adorable-ness.

—-

Junhyung cursed the world and the people who had made v-neck shirts. He thought he vaguely knew how that fan – who had passed out because Doojoon had worn a v-neck – felt. They were in their dance studio rehearsing for the line-up for their upcoming performances, just the same few songs that they had been performing after the Fiction promotion cycle.

Hyunseung was dressed in a simple black v-neck shirt and a pair of black jeans worn low on his hips as per usual. Junhyung didn’t mind the low-slung pants, he had gotten used to that already. The combination of low-slung pants and a v-neck that exposed the fine structure of Hyunseung’s collarbone, though, was something completely lethal.

I’m sorry B2uties; I’ll never wear ually frustrating clothes anymore. I’m really sorry.

Junhyung envisioned Doojoon in the wigs that he had worn during “All My Love” and the image of Yoseob choking for breath watching those episodes, trying to garner all the pity that he could for the two of them instead of thinking about how Hyunseung was causing all his blood to rush down south.

—-

Hyunseung and Junhyung were not particularly affectionate or touchy-feely people. They didn’t hold hands, hug, kiss or do certain unmentionable things as often as the other two couples in B2ST did. In fact, they rarely even touched each other when no one was around. On days that the others had schedules and the two of them were left in the dormitory alone, instead of being wild rabbits like Dooseob and Kiwoon, they often ended up doing work.

Sometimes, Hyunseung would dance along to whatever Junhyung was working on composing or writing; he would every so often give some input and then modify his moves as Junhyung edited his music. Sometimes, Hyunseung would successfully convince Junhyung to join him in the dance studio for some practice. Hyunseung would choreograph a simple and short dance to the newest song he was obsessing over and Junhyung would learn as much as he could from Hyunseung. Junhyung was more often than not unable to keep up with Hyunseung, messing up the order of the steps or doing the wrong movements.

On this particular day off for the both of them, they were at the studio and Hyunseung had on a sensual R&B track that one of his fans had recommended to him. The choreography Hyunseung had come up with was simple, more slow, enticing than sharp, fluid moves. Junhyung was having trouble moving slow enough to go with the beat; his body engrained with too much of the fast paced choreography of their usual dance tracks. Hyunseung had one hand on Junhyung’s lower back and another moving around Junhyung’s body, adjusting angles and curves.

Junhyung tried one of the moves again, sliding against Hyunseung’s loose grip. He could feel Hyunseung’s breath on the nape of his neck, moist and hot; sweat dripping from both of their foreheads.

Junhyung messed up the order of the steps again, he knew because he was turning against the direction that Hyunseung’s hands were guiding him toward. He knew because he was suddenly face-to-face with Hyunseung, their bodies pressed flushed against each other.

Junhyung smiled sheepishly, about to pull away, when the arms encircling him tightened and Hyunseung smiled back at him.

“Cute, cute, when you smile you’re so cute, my very cute lover.”