Chapter 4

Forever Like Stars

“Come back to me, I’ll wait for you here” – Like A Dream, Apink

 

            Dinner with Taehyung’s family was, well, awkward. Taehyung’s aunt and uncle asked me non-stop questions about what I did at school, my grades, future dreams, girlfriends, anything and everything they had a question.

            “So Jin,” Taehyung’s aunt said. “Are you seeing anyone? Any girlfriend, or girl you like? A handsome boy like you single? I don’t believe it one bit. So who’s the lucky girl?”

            “Um well,” I said setting down my chopsticks. “You see the thing is. I don’t have a girlfriend.”

            “Really?” Taehyung’s mom asked. “I would’ve thought by now, you would’ve had at least one girlfriend, or liked some girl. So who’s the girl Jin?”

            “Or guy,” Youngjae snickered. “Mom maybe Jin doesn’t like girls. Maybe he likes a certain guy.” I looked at Youngjae who sat back in his chair smirking at me as Taehyung glared at him.

            “Is this true Jin?” Taehyung’s dad asked. “Well, whoever you like, they are certainly very lucky.”

            “I don’t know what I like truthfully,” I said. “I don’t have a crush on anyone at the moment.”

            “What about you Taehyung?” Junhong asked. “Anyone special you like? Anyone at all? Perhaps a best friend of yours?”

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Taehyung said crossing his arms. “I like myself most, and if I did like someone, you would be the last to know.”

            “Taehyung,” his mom said. “Don’t talk to Junhong like that.”

            “Sorry,” Taehyung said briefly looking at his mom. “But sometimes it’s better to keep your mouth shut before you say something you’ll regret. Isn’t that right Youngjae?”

            “Um I think I’ll be excusing myself from dinner,” I said pushing my bowl away from me. “Thank you for the dinner Mrs. Kim, I think I’ll be leaving now.”

            I got up from the table heading to the front entrance to put on my shoes.

            “Did you see what you did?” Taehyung said. “You’ve made my friend uncomfortable. Thanks a lot Young and Junhog. Jin wait!” He got up from his seat heading towards me.

            I paused in the doorway as Taehyung slipped on his shoes as we headed outside.

            “I’m sorry that my family pestered you so much,” Taehyung said. “I didn’t mean for them to make you uncomfortable like that. Especially Junhong and Youngjae. Those two idiots.”

            “It’s fine,” I said. “Your family is pretty nice, well your aunt and uncle are, but I don’t like being around those other two people.” We exited the house sitting down on the front steps.

            “Please just stay for dessert,” Taehyung said grabbing my hand. “Mom made a fruit tart with your favorite fruit on it, by my request. So please stay. We can just ignore head and piss brain.”

            “Okay fine,” I said. We got up heading back inside Taehyung’s house.

            “Oh good Jin, I’m glad you are staying,” Taehyung’s mom said. “I’ll give you two your pieces of the fruit tart.” She cut us two big pieces of the fruit tart. “And you don’t have to eat it with us.”      

            “Let’s head back outside,” Taehyung said. We grabbed our dessert heading back out to the front steps to eat.

            “Mmm this is really good,” I said. “All my favorite fruits. I’ll have to thank your mom later.”

            “Well you have to thank me too,” Taehyung said. “I told her what your favorite fruits were for the tart.” He looked at me smirking taking another bite of tart.

            “Yes yes,” I said laughing. “Thank you so much Taehyung. You’re wisdom of my favorite fruits, is truly amazing. What can I ever do to make it up to you?”

            “Well how about a kiss?” Taehyung asked looking at me. “Right here.” He pointed to his cheek. I stared at him my fork full with a piece of tart hanging midair.

            “You really want me to kiss you on the cheek?” I asked looking at Taehyung who had an amused smirk on his face. “Well okay.” I set down my plate leaning my head closer to Taehyung to kiss his cheek. “Here goes nothing.” I was about one cm from his cheek with my lips before I felt his hands on my chest.

            “Just kidding,” Taehyung said sticking his tongue out at me. “I don’t want you to kiss my cheek, I was just seeing if you would actually do it. You pass!”

            “You I swear,” I said hitting him on the arm. “You really almost made my kiss your dirty cheek.”

            “You so wanted to though,” Taehyung said. “Admit it you wanted your lips on my cheek.”          

            “Did not sicko,” I said laughing. “Get over yourself Taehyung.”

            “But I’m awesome!” Taehyung said flexing his arms. “I mean look at me, everyone wants a piece of Taehyung.” I rolled my eyes as we finished eating our dessert.

 

^_^ >_<

 

            “Okay everyone ready for the showcase?” Baekhyun asked. We were outside the lunchroom before the showcase. “We’re going to sound awesome!”

            “Music club on three!” Taeyeon exclaimed. 1 2 3!”

            “Music club!” we all shouted. We burst into the lunchroom yelling as Baekhyun the music and the girl group started dancing and singing a Girls’ Generation song. After their performance was over Taeyeon introduced them and the club.

            “This year the music club is going to do many amazing things,” Taeyeon said. “We have a lot of great members! So up next our boy group will be performing BTS!” The boys started performing their song. Then was the trio of Kyuhyun, Baekhyun, and Luna performing an AKMU song.

            “Okay next we’ll present you one of our newest members,” Jonghyun said. “Ladies and gentlemen welcome first year Jin performing Shinhwa’s ‘This Love,’ acoustic version!”

            The lunchroom clapped their hands as I sat down on a table with my guitar strumming a few chords of the song before singing.

 

            The red light, in this stopped time, only your scent remains. Like a dream I’m not waking from. I’m falling ore and more into you.

 

            I strummed more chords and sang more of the song as people cheered for me. I smiled seeing Taehyung waving his arms to the music smiling.

 

            Like satellites and shooting stars, like a star that has seen the sun. I revolve around you, though you’re hot I approach you. Finally I hold you, and dazzle as I burn up.

 

            I strummed more chords leading up to the chorus putting all the emotion I could into it.

 

            We live for this love. We live for this love. We live for this love.

 

            The more the song progressed the more the people cheered for me screaming my name as I finished the song.

 

            In my dreams when I’m awake always be by my side. Don’t be afraid hold my hand, I’ll protect you.

 

            “Give it up for Jin!” Taeyeon exclaimed. I bowed to the lunchroom gaining tons of cheers taking the empty seat next to Taehyung.

            “Jin you were amazing!” Taehyung exclaimed grabbing me my the shoulders. “That was even better then the original song!”

            “Thank you,” I said smiling at him. I got out my lunch after putting my guitar, away as we shared our lunches just like always.

            When we got back to class many people congratulated me on my performance during study hall.

            “Everyone loves you Jin,” Taehyung said. “You’ll be the next big star for sure! Just don’t forget about me when you’re famous.”

            “Believe me,” I said laughing. “With a face like yours, how could I forget?”

            “Good,” Taehyung said. “I don’t think I could handle it if you forgot about me when you’re famous.” He pretended to wipe fake tears from his eyes. “Promise me Jin?”

            “Don’t cry Taehyung,” I said pouting going along with his drama. I wiped at his eyes. “I’ll never forget my best friend.” We smiled at each other before getting back to our work.

Please leave a comment, more Taejin moments to come in later chapters~ ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRepEvMyv0o - Like A Dream, Apink