A New Beginning

A New Beginning

NAME: Lee Hyuk Jae

MAJOR: Dancing

STATUS: Accepted

 

"Yes! I made it! I got accepted to Seoul's most prestigious art school!"
I jumped up, putting my laptop on the couch, and went to hug my mother tightly. We had stayed up until midnight, waiting for the results to come out. We had both been so anxious since we had to wait for two whole months before the results came out. Now we could finally breathe and were so happy that I was one step closer to making my dream come true.
After celebrating for almost an hour, we both went to bed to finally have our first restful sleep in two months.

 


 

The next morning I spread the news to my close friends and relatives. They we're so happy for me but they were also worried because I had to move to Seoul, which is six hours away from my hometown.
It would be a drastic change in life. I was going to a bigger city where I knew no one. I was so excited and not even worried since I had always been an independent kind of person and I easily adapted to changes. Still, the people around me couldn't help but worry since I was only nineteen and they saw me as the small child they saw grow up too fast.

 

 

The day after, I began packing. School started in two weeks but I was leaving a week before to familiarize myself with the city and look around.
In total I had packed three suitcases and four boxes which contained my personal things. Since my parents were driving me to Seoul I knew there would be no problems in transporting all my things.
I heard a knock on my door and looked up.
My best friend Sungmin walked in and sat on my bed next to me.
"Hey Monkey, congratulations!" he yelled, giving me a tight hug. "I'm going to miss you soooooooo much!"
I laughed and returned his hug. "Thanks! I'm going to miss you too hyung...who will aegyo me to happiness when I'm depressed?!"
"Don't say that! You will not be depressed because I can will send you pictures of me doing aegyo to cheer you up." he smiled cutely, pecking my cheek. "Are you nervous?"
"Please don't...and nervous? Not at all, I'm actually looking forward to it and can't wait to leave! I'm so excited hyung. I want to go check out the city already," I smiled at him, tickling him to get rid of his sad face. "Don't worry, I'll come back to visit as soon as possible." 
"You better!" he smacked me playfully before we continued to rough play.

 
He stayed until late and after he had left, I got ready for bed.
Once I lay in bed I stayed up just staring at the ceiling, thinking of my future life. It was not until I looked around my room that I realized something that immediately brought tears to my eyes.
I quickly took out my phone and called Sungmin. By the time he answered I was already sobbing and tears were running down the side of my face.
"Hello? Hyukie, what's wrong?" he asked, sounding concerned.
"H-hyung I was just thinking and...I just realized that before, when we went out of town for whatever period of time, deep inside my heart I always new that I would eventually come back home. That always made me feel at ease but...now that I'm entering college I was thinking about how, after I walk out of that door next Tuesday, I'm not coming back home any more. I will visit of course, but deep in my heart I will know that I'm not staying here forever like before, that I have to go back to Seoul to my new life. Even if after college I come back to live here, I know that it will only be for a short period of time and not another twenty years..."
"Even though I've always been the kind of person who doesn't like to depend on even his own parent I can't help but grieve the loss of my home this much! I have so many memories here...in this house I learned how to read, how to write, how to play the guitar, how to walk and so many other things."
"It was here where I built thousands of memories and I don't want to let go of it yet...I'm afraid to" I finally finished my long speech and took a deep breath.
"You're right," Sungmin answered in a soft voice, "but its part of life. Things come in and out of our lives every day Hyukie, it's not something we can always control. I understand that you're scared but to be able to reach your goals in life and accomplish your dreams, you have to leave behind important things, like your home for example. No matter what you can always return. It may not be the same as before you left for college, but it will be there to remind you of who you are and to bring back all those memories you cherish the most. For now you have to let go to be able to move forward, so just keep those memories in your heart to help you keep going when you're feeling lost in life. That's all I can say, Hyukie..." he finished.
I took a deep sigh and thanked him. "You're right hyung, thank you. Sorry for waking you up and thank you for listening to me. I'll miss you a lot."
"No need to thank me and it's all right, I wasn't dreaming anything interesting anyways," he chuckled, lightening up the mood.
We talked for a couple more minutes and the hung up so we could both go back to sleep.

 


 
The days flew by and before I knew it, I was in Seoul.
I had said goodbye to my home, my hometown and my friends. It had been hard but it was something necessary to make my dreams come true.
I had hugged my parents when the dropped me off and played it cool as the left, as if I was perfectly fine. When they finally drove away, I closed the door and walked towards my bed where I let myself fall down, and for the first time since I talked to Sungmin, I let myself cry and cry for hours, finally letting out all my fears and losses through my tears. I laid there for hours until I slowly drifted to sleep.
The next morning I got up and took a shower. When I got back into my room I looked around at my new surroundings. I then picked out a random shirt and jeans to wear. 
After I finished getting ready I turned towards the door and opened it, looking outside. I took a deep breath, smiling, and walked out.
 
Time to start my new life...

 
 
 
A/N: at first I wrote this story with Donghae instead of Eunhyuk but when I got to the part he said that he was a very independent person I was like "yeaaaaah...no. Even if we were in another parallel universe, Donghae would never say that." so that's why I changed it to Hyukie. xD
Anyways, I hope you guys liked it. Please leave me some comments so I can know you're thoughts on this one-shot! Ignore all typos cuz you know, I typed this in my iPod at like 2am and didn't stop until I finished it >.< 
Thanks for reading! :D
 

If you'd like, I would absolutely love you if you check out my other stories as well >.<

WonKyu Fic: Train Crush

KyuMin Fic: Don't Wait For Me

KangTeuk: Perfect

 

Thanks! :)