Chapter 3

The Library

    Onew was quietly going through his day, he had very few worries, some might even say he had none. He could find a lesson in anything, and never regretted a single moment. He had no ill feelings towards any other fairy and none had anything against him. Onew aspired to be truly good and his smile could brighten anyone’s day.

    Taemin led a chaotic life, though you couldn’t tell just by looking at him. The chaos was in his mind. He was always anxious thinking about what others could be thinking. He too aspired to be truly good. To do so he gave up every bit of himself to others. Onew was a very important person to Taemin, he always went to him when he had a problem. There was, he had noticed, a book that Onew always carried around with him, a book that had been dropped as he was saving Taemin. He had seen when it happened, but he could do nothing to save the book. Taemin avoided Onew since that day, he could not bear to face him until he could return with a copy of the book. Sadly the book seemed to be very rare.

    Onew had noticed the boy’s absence, but he was not worried, believing that Taemin must be busy, and he would come to him when he felt like it. He did miss the book, it was his diary. He had written in it every day for several years. However the book had been getting rather full of words. This was an opportunity to start  fresh again. He had quickly bought a new diary with clean blank pages that smelled of pomegranate. Every day since the fire had been recorded in his new diary. The worries that crossed his mind were quickly worked out and stored in his diary to use later as a tool for further growth.

Taemin was once again in the library. It had been like a second home to him, but now it had become a place of regret. Everyday he would search for that book, and everyday he would fail to find it. Some days he never made it back to his dorm and would choose to sleep on one of the many couches in the library. Today was one of those days.

He had been angry with himself because his eyes kept lingering on books, his hands almost reaching out to grab them. He stayed even longer because of that, hoping to make up for the lost time. He had gotten slower recently. For some reason his wings had gradually weakened, and now he was no longer able to fly. However this only concerned him because it slowed him down.

Taemin had searched the library twice over. Today he would begin his third round. During the first couple of weeks,Taemin had cried often, but his eyes were too dry for tears now. He felt himself getting weaker, sicker, but that didn’t matter. Onew must be missing his book.

He did not usually run into others in the library, with exception of a strange couple that who were always hidden behind their wings. Sometimes they would call out to him when he walked by, but Taemin couldn’t focus on the words enough to understand them. He would walk by them again today, but only in the very back of his mind was he aware of that.

Taemin scanned through the books carefully. He didn’t know the title of Onew’s book, only how it looked. In the third hour of his search his breathing became rougher, but he continued on. In the fourth hour, his vision became blurred, but he continued on. In the fifth hour he had reached the hidden couple. His vision was gone, his breathing ceased, and he fell.

. . .

    Jonghyun and Key were enjoying their daily routine. It was monotonous, but satisfying. They liked how the library never surprised them. When they were in the library they were never bothered. The never heard random thumps. They were never shocked into opening their wings. They never saw sickly and pale fairies with terribly dry skin and brittle wings fall in front of them. They never had to give cpr and call the emergency fairies to come quickly before it was too late. They never had to be afraid for someones life when they were in the library. They liked how the library never surprised them, but now they weren’t so sure.


Author's note:

Hmm

I think I'm starting to become more interested in writing this story....

I have plans...

Anyway it would be amazing if you commented!

comments are precious 

<3