#01

Discovering Truths and Lies {HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   The bright sun shined on Chanyeol's eyelids, waking him up from his warm slumber. He blinked a couple of times before slowly sitting up from his comfortable position. He ruffled his hair, confused at how the bed seemed completely different from last night. It seemed warmer. The bed a few hours ago was hard as a rock and cold but the one he woke up to was so warm that he never wanted to get out. He stood up from his bed and and made a drowsy bee line to the bathroom to brush his perfectly straight teeth. As soon as he walked into the cramped bathroom, he looked at his reflection in the mirror. He tried not to look for too long, but it was too late.A small droplet slid down his face but he quickly wiped it away to refrain from crying a river. He thought about how his late mother always told him that he looks exactly like his father. Tall, handsome, great jawline, captivating eyes, and lastly, a wide smile. Chanyeol didn't really know why his mother didn't describe his smile in a good way or a bad way. All she said was wide. Well, a big smile is a good smile...right? Chanyeol picked up his toothbrush from his small toothbrush holder and squeezed out a generous amount of toothpaste onto it and brushed away.

 

   The tall man brushed his fingertips against the spine of the books on his small shelf and sighed. He asked himself the usual question. What adventure to read today? He took out a small thick book with a silver heart engraved at the bottom of the book's spine. He opened the book to the first page and read aloud, "Criminal of Affection." He grinned. Chanyeol had a thing for romance books. They were his favorite. No matter how cheesy or ridiculous they were. He'd still read them. He sat on his almost empty desk and turned to the next page.

 

 

Knock.

 

 

Chanyeol flinched as his heartbeat quickened. He silently put the book down on the messy bed and waited for the unknown person to go away.

 

 

Knock.

 

 

He broke into a cold sweat as the doorknob twisted and turned until it stopped midway to reveal that it was locked. He tiptoed to the door and looked through the small peephole to find a small male looking side to side. He was wearing a grey beanie with a small pom pom on top. His hair was flared to show his forhead and girl-like features. His fair skin made him look more feminine to say the least. He examined the boy until he saw him look at the peephole which led to Chanyeol's eye. He was starteled and fell backwards making a loud thump sound on his hardwood floor. "Oww."

 

Baekhyun made a small gasp as he heard the loud sound on the other side of the door. "H-Hello? Is anybody there?" There was a silence followed after. He puffed out his cheeks and turned away on his heels. All of a sudden, a muscular arm bragged him by his waist inside the house. When he saw funiture in front of him, he heard heavy breathing over his head. He scrambled out of the taller one's arm. He took a step back and looked at the person in front of him. Baekhyun assumed he was the same age as him. He thought he was really attractive. The thought of him being held by the waist by this person made him turn red.

"W-Who are you and what are you doing in my h-home?" Chanyeol asked unsteadily. Baekhyun's eyes widened at the sound of the giant's voice.

Baekhyun smirked. "A question that would make more sense would be that why did a stranger kidnap me just now?"

Chanyeol put his hand on the back of his neck and started pacing back and forth in the middle of the nice living room. He turned into panic mode and mumbled to himself.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked titling his head like a puppy.

Chanyeol let out a heavy sigh. "If my parents were here I'd be soooo dead. I'm not suppopsed to let anyone in my house. Let alone touch someone that's been outside of the house!" He raised his arms in the air from stress.

"Why aren't they here right now though?"

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks and stood silent before answering him.

"Nothing of your concern."

Baekhyun ignored the awkwardness and nodded. "Well, if I don't introduce myself this will get more and more awkward. Hi," he reach out his hand in font of Chanyeol, "I'm Byun Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter