Do You Need A Cart?

DaeJong Fluff One Shots ✩
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Daehyun!" His boss Himchan cooed as he went over to him, almost skipping. "You're early today. Why is it that you're always early on Thursdays?"

 

"You know why~" Daehyun winked and playfully nudged him with his elbow.

 

"Oh yeah," He said in realization. "Because of that guy, right?"

 

"Yes, of course." Daehyun put on his work vest with a grin.

 

"Dae, you're like a stalker." He rolled his eyes.

 

"No I'm not." He pouted in response.

 

Was he..?

 

Okay. Okay, He admitted it. Maybe he was like a stalker. Keyword: Like. If he were a full blown stalker he'd be following this man home when he left. Which he was tempted to do a few times, but he held back. He patiently waited for him on Thursdays like a love sick puppy. Admiring his handsome face, and his y figure in his suits when he walked to the produce aisle first, checking out the tomatoes to see if they were ripe yet, then sauntering over to other fruits and vegetables picking up what he needed.

 

Daehyun briefly wondered if the man could cook, before Himchan was snapping his fingers in his face.

 

"Dae! Your boyfriend is here."

 

"Where?" He almost yelled.

 

Himchan pointed over to the produce section, right where Daehyun knew he'd be.

 

"Quick, Himchan, I need an excuse to talk to him." Daehyun said nervously.

 

Himchan looked past Daehyun at the handsome man, before looking back at him.

 

"Go offer him a cart, he doesn't have one yet." He suggested, shrugging his shoulders.

 

"Channie, you're a genius." Daehyun gave him a friendly slap on the shoulder.

 

He ran like the wind looking for the closest cart, trying to be quick before the man decided to get one himself.

 

"Dae! The carts are that way!" Daehyun saw Himchan pointing to the right.

 

No duh, Daehyun.

 

He quickly grabbed a cart and rushed over to the man, slowing down once he got close enough.

 

Still no cart, that's a good sign.

 

"Excuse me, sir. Do you need a cart?" Daehyun put on his best smile.

 

The man turned around looking just a little confused, but then he smiled. Daehyun smiled even wider.

 

"I wasn't planning on shopping for a lot of things today, so, no thanks." He turned back around and continued down the aisle.

 

Daehyun's smile fell. Damn. He always did a lot of shopping on Thursdays. What was different about today?

 

"Channie." He sulked, slowly walking towards him.

 

"What's wrong, Dae? Got rejected?" He put a comforting hand on his back.

 

He nodded up and down, resting his head on Himchan's shoulder. "He says he isn't doing a lot of shopping today."

 

"Aww, poor Daehyunnie." He patted his head trying to comfort him.

 

"Channie, you should give me the rest of the day off so I can really follow him home today." Daehyun perked up, feeling excited about his new idea.

 

Himchan sighed. "Dae, you know I can't just give you the day off. You're really starting to sound like a stalker. It's scary." He shuddered while staring at him as if he were a serial killer.

 

"But, Channie I-"

 

"How long has it been? If you really like him go tell him." He walked away without letting Daehyun reply.

 

Daehyun thought that maybe he was frustrating Himchan with his infatuation of this stranger. He had a crush on him ever since he started working at the Super Market a year ago.

 

But, it wasn't that easy to confess to such a handsome, y, sophisticated man.

 

Just as he was thinking of how the man's lips would feel on his own, he went walking right past him. Not looking at him at all.

 

Daehyun would soon have to change that.

 

--

 

Daehyun was absentmindedly walking down the hall of his university, when he felt someone attempt to jump on his back.

 

"Daehyunnie Hyung~!"

 

"What the hell–" He said in annoyance, turning around to get a look at the culprit.

 

"Hi~" He grinned widely.

 

"Hi, Junhong." He laughed once he saw him. "And hey to you, too, Youngjae." He waved to the younger boy that stood across from him. Youngjae waved back with a smile.

 

"Where were you going?" Junhong asked.

 

"To the library. I have a lot of studying to do." Daehyun sighed just thinking about the many things that needed to be done.

 

"Ohh yeah, you have that exam coming up." Junhong said in realization.

 

"Yup, unfortunately."

 

Junhong laughed at his obvious expression of disgust, at the mention of the upcoming exam. "Do you work today?" He asked after finishing his giggle fit.

 

"No, But I'm gonna go to work anyway." Daehyun grinned.

 

"What..? Why?" Junhong asked, puzzled.

 

"Because.. just to, you know.. Help Himchan Hyung with extra... stuff."

 

"Yeah right! You just wanna see that guy you have a crush on.. What's his name?" Junhong asked, placing his hand on his chin in deep thought.

 

"None of your business." He scoffed in mock annoyance.

 

"If you have a lot of studying to do, why would you go to work when you don't have to? Are you finally gonna ask him out?" Youngjae asked.

 

"No.." Daehyun looked to the side awkwardly.

 

"Then why?" Junhong asked with a small laugh.

 

"Alright! I'll tell you two, but you better not laugh!" He tried his best to sound threatening.

 

They were both staring at him curiously, waiting for his answer.

 

"I just wanna.. follow him home.."

 

The two busted out in laughter, holding their stomachs as they bent over. As if it was that funny.

 

"I told you two not to laugh." Daehyun scowled at them.

 

"Dae hyung, you really sound crazy."

 

"Yeah," Youngjae added. "What the hell are you gonna follow him home for?"

 

"To see where he lives, I guess. I've had a crush on him for a year but I've never seen where he lives.. I'm just curious." He said bashfully, his mood changing at the thought of said handsome man.

 

"You just want to kidnap him and keep him all to yourself, tied to your bed. You're a thin line away from full blown stalker." Youngjae felt the need to say.

 

"Yah.. Yoo Youngjae, I will twist your s in a full circle and then some, if you don't shut that big mouth of yours."

 

He backed away a little at Daehyun's threat. He absolutely hated when Daehyun did that to him.

 

"Hyung, I think you should just do it the old fashioned way, ya know? Approach him, talk for a little bit, and ask for his number." Junhong suggested.

 

"What do you two know.." Daehyun walked away from them, ignoring Junhong's previous comment and feeling utterly ridiculous.

 

Maybe it was a little foolish of him to even be thinking of following the man home. Gosh, he did sound like a stalker.

 

Daehyun sighed, he honestly would have approached him a long time ago if he wasn't so blindingly handsome. Not that.. It was difficult to approach a handsome person..

 

But, there was just something about the man that completely drew Daehyun to him, but left him unable to speak once he was close enough. He shocked himself when he was able to ask him if he needed a cart.

 

Daehyun hated to live his life thinking 'What if?', He was usually the type to take risks, but he just didn't see it happening any time soon.

 

He'd continue to love this man, Jongup, from afar.

 

He sighed again; now he definitely didn't want to go to work next Thursday. It'd only remind him of what he couldn't have.

 

--

 

Daehyun sat behind the register, dozing off. It was a slow day at work and he just wanted to go home.

 

His head was lolling back and forth; he almost fell, but he sat back up, dozing off once again.

 

"Is someone gonna cash me out, or what?"

 

Daehyun quickly sat up, his eyes popping open. That voice. It belonged to Jongup. He had no idea why he was there, it wasn't even Thursday!

 

"Oh! I- uhh.." He stood up and bowed. "I'm so sorry." He began to scan the items on the check out counter.

Please log in to read the full chapter