I Missed You

To Let Him Go

Remember what I summed up from the last chapter? Yeah, it was totally a bad idea.

 

I woke up the next morning and was instantly blinded by the sunlight that seeped through the window. The huge pounding headache wasn't helping either.

 

"Jonghyun ah, are you awake?" The owner of that beautiful voice, Onew hyung sat at the corner of the bed, wearing a worried expression on his face. I felt really stupid, I wasn't supposed to let him worry about me when he should be preparing for his wedding. I was being selfish and that wasn't cool.

 

I faked a smile, which was what I have been doing for the past few days. "Yeah I am fine hyung. I didn't know why I drank so much." I scratched my head awkwardly.

 

"It's cool, just wash up quickly and come downstairs for breakfast!  Irene and I will be waiting for you." 

 

"Where are the others?" I asked as I sat with Irene at the dining table.  

"Oh, Tiffany brought them out for a tour. They wanted to wake you but I told them not to." 

 

Plates of pancakes were served on the table a few minutes later by hyung who sat beside Irene.

 

"Dad I want more syrup and butter! " Irene whined cutely.

 

"Okay I'll go get it. Jonghyun ah, you still like honey with your pancakes right? "
He actually remembered what I like with my pancakes. Should I be happy about it?

 

"Oh yeah, sure." Onew hyung smiled and reentered the kitchen,leaving me with Irene.

 

"Uncle Jonghyun, daddy's pancakes are the best! You should try them!" Irene said.

 

"Erm, okay. If you say so."
And it was. Delicious, I mean.
Who knew that my ex-boyfriend who almost burnt my kitchen five years ago turned out to be a good cook? I didn't. 

 

Hyung emerged from the kitchen with what Irene and I have requested. 

"Hyung, I can't believe you actually made this! You used to be  really bad at cooking. " I joked.

 

"People change I guess." He shrugged and proceeded to help Irene with her pancakes.

 

Does love change when people change?

 

"Ah Jonghyun, do you wanna go to the park with Irene and I after breakfast? The more the merrier."

 

"Yes uncle Jonghyun, please come with us!" Irene pleaded while looking at me with those big blue eyes of hers, she has Tiffany's eyes I suppose. 
I nodded. Which caused Irene to jump out of her seat to dance. So cute.

 

Hyung started laughing at the scene before him. "Alright Irene, we have to go get ready after you finish your pancakes. "

 

"Yes daddy!" 


Why do both father and daughter  have to be so cute?

"


This is the very famous Central Park!" Onew hyung pointed out to me once we got there. 

 

"I am amazed hyung. "
It was so picturesque I had no idea how to describe it in writing. You would just have to see it for yourself if you have the chance to go to New York.

 

"Dad, let's set the mat here!  I wanna play with the ducks!" Irene gestured to the wide space next to the lake. 
The both of us watched Irene chasing the ducks while sipping the juice hyung prepared.

 

"I really missed you." Onew hyung said all of a sudden.
 I didn't know how to react. It's funny that hyung is the only one who can make me feel so vulnerable with just a few words. 

 

He continued, "I don't know if it's  wrong, but I still miss you even after all these years."
He leaned in closer to me and started fiddling with my hair, just like what he used to do when we were together. 

 

 


"Hyung, why aren't you watching the movie?  Is it not interesting? "
 I was lying on Onew hyung's lap while he played with my hair. 

 

"To me, you are more interesting than Jun Ji Hyun and Cha Tae Hyun, Jonghyun ah. "
It was so awfully cheesy but I loved what he said.

 

"You know what? I think I am Jun Ji Hyun and you are Cha Tae Hyun since I'm always bullying you." 

 

He laughed. "And it's my pleasure to be bullied by you."

 

 

My thoughts were disrupted when I felt tiny drops of water falling on my face. It took a while for me to register the fact that it was indeed …raining.

 

"Daddy, it's raining! " Irene squealed, extending her hand out to feel the rain. 
Onew hyung got up in a flash and ran over to carry Irene. 

 

"We gotta go before Irene gets more wet!" 
The two of us (with Irene in hyung's arms) rushed to get in the car. 

 

"Daddy, that was fun! Let's do that again!" Irene said as soon as we got in the car.


All hyung and I could do was to  laugh at Irene's cuteness. 

 

 

 


Gah I have always wanted to walk in the rain but I still have not done it yet! Especially with the one you love ❤ Anyway, the movie mentioned above is 'My Sassy Girl', my only favorite Korean Movie lols. I am a fan of Cha Tae Hyun :P  HOPE you enjoyed reading this chapter! 
P.s 'The Fault In Our Stars' was so touching I cried so much lol. If there was a guy like Augustus Waters who loved me. *Sigh*