Too Late?

To Let Him Go

 

 

 

Kim Jonghyun

I was driving with Key ranting about everything (Trust me, he has the ability to do so) as we head to our regular meeting place. It was all because of Taemin who called us in the middle of the night telling us that it was an emergency, which I highly doubt so since his definition of emergency is when he wants us to be his wingmen. Who knows, we might end up in a club; drinking to our heart's content?

 
Key and I got inside the cafe a few minutes later with Taemin and Minho already at our usual spot, the expression on their faces telling me that something big happened. I guess it's really an emergency after all.


"What's the big deal Taem,  I hope I didn't sacrifice my beauty sleep for nothing! " Key whined.


Taemin rolled his eyes.  "It's pretty serious, trust me.  
It's about Onew hyung." 
Onew hyung, the guy whom I am unbelievably still pining for even though I was the one who broken his heart. The guy who just disappeared after our break up for 5 years. That guy. 


Key turned to me, asking if I was okay.  
"I'm fine, go on. " I lied.

 

Taemin raised his eyebrow, clearly not believing me but he went on anyway. 


"So I was on the computer and suddenly I got a message from someone asking me to turn on Skype. I did and bam! It was Onew hyung! With blond hair, like seriously! " 
I could tell Taemin was really excited after not hearing from his elder brother all this while, and to think it's partly (or wholly ) because of me he left; my heart cracked a little.


The next thing Taemin said got my heart breaking into little pieces which made me start wondering if I could ever fix it back again. 

 

"He's getting married! And all of us are invited! "
Key looks at me again, this time sympathetically. 


"Did he mention who was he getting married to?" Minho asked.
 

Taemin shook his head. "Nope, he said his GIRLFRIEND wants it to be a surprise. "


" A girl? " 


"Don't look at me like that Key hyung, we'll just find out when we get there." 


"Okay never mind, did he tell you where and when is the wedding?" 


"In New York. Two weeks time. So we have to leave in two days."

 


So two days later all of us gathered at the airport even though the sun hasn't gone up yet. To avoid getting followed by fans. They are really scary at times  if you ask me. 


"I still can't believe it. My hyung,  getting married! " Taemin broke into a smile and sipped his Caramel Latte.

 
Key eyed me, "Don't be so sure,  Taem."
What on earth is he implying ? 

 

We got on the 4.30 flight with Key and I as seatmates while Taemin and Minho sat together. 


"I am telling you that you should try to win his heart back since you are so damn in love with him!" Key shrieked.


I sighed. "I can't.  He's getting married okay!  I don't want to break them apart."


"At least tell Onew hyung how you feel. As your best friend,  I really want to see you happy. I don't want you to regret for the rest of your life not telling him that you still love him. Just. (He then took a deep breath) Okay?"


I turned my back against him, not wanting him to see me cry.  I guess Key decided that I needed some time to cool down , since he left me alone for the next few hours.

 

I was utterly confused. It isn't easy to confess your feelings to someone. It only looks easy when you read about it in a book or watch it in a movie. In reality it's a whole new different level. I am afraid that I will get hurt. Hurt so badly that I might not ever love again. I know that I am being a real coward, but I just don't want to suffer from a broken heart anymore. 

 

I spent the whole flight (except for when we had to switch planes since the others bothered me non stop) convincing myself to not do anything rash as what Key told me to do.

 

 I got there a day later with the others wearing huge eyebags cause I was never the type who could sleep on planes, especially when I had so much to think about. I pity my makeup noona sometimes, covering my eyebags is quite a tough job if you ask me.

 

All four of us squeezed into a cab (as the New Yorkers call it) , directing the driver to where Onew hyung stays with our limited volcabulary (It was all Key's job). It was a mansion, surprisingly. With a real garden and stuff.

 
A very attractive woman welcomed us in, whom I assumed was Onew hyung's girlfriend. I was right.


"You must be Onew's friends," she smiles at us, "I am Tiffany, his girlfriend slash fiance." 


The others were absolutely stunned. And I had no idea what was going on. 

"Aren't..  you.. the Emily from 'I Am In Love'?"

Tiffany laughed. "Yeah, I assumed you enjoyed it?"

 Key the fanboy literally screamed in delight. 

"Oh my gosh, you were so awesome in that movie! I watched it like so many times I lost count!"

 Minho groaned.  I guess he was forced to 'enjoy' the movie by his apartment mate.


At that moment, someone whom I was pining for finally reappeared in my life, looking as dashing as ever.

 

He was still the same Onew hyung I knew. The only difference was the blond hair, the muscles rippling out of his shirt, and his seemingly brighter smile. But he was still the guy that I fell in love with. 

 

"Oh my God hyung! " Taemin was the first one to pounce on to him, hugging him so tight that even I could tell he was trying really hard to breath. Taemin finally let go,  " I missed you so much!"


Minho was next with another hug,  "Glad to see you hyung."


"Yah you old man, how could you leave us like that and not even call!" Key playfully slapped his back.


It was finally my turn. I was thinking of what to say when Onew just went ahead and hugged me. I didn't know how to react, still shocked from Onew hyung's actions. He then let go, and our eyes met.

 

 I thought I was going insane, the memories that we had together just flashed into my mind. The times when I couldn't stop staring at the most beautiful human being in the world..

 

"Daddy!"

 

I am terribly sorry if its not up to par, I am trying my best to improve my writing skills :)