ONE

The Three Word

 

 

His phone rang in his pocket just as Tao got out of his car. He shuffles in between tying his tie, answering the call which he knows is either from his parents or Kristina or maybe Joonmyun and running to the meeting place in hurry. He's late for more than half an hour and Tao's never late. Today just decide to get hectic with all the meetings he had that the dinner that was plan was the last thing in his mind. It also doesn't help that there's traffic jam. 

 

 

"Hello hyung?" He says the moment he answer the call, phone in between his ears and shoulder as his hands button up his sleeves properly. He doesn't want to look sleazy in front of the woman he will be meeting soon. "Yes, I'm almost there don't worry hyung. Don't make mama come down here. Yes please, I'm almost there" 

 

 

After comfirming he is almost there, the call ends and he pockets his phone just as he reach the restaurant. He smiles at the waitress ignoring the way she blink flirtiously at him. "I'm here to meet miss Lee Sehun?" He says and the waitress widen her eyes in recognition. "Oh, miss Lee. Yes, she has been here for quite a while. Right this way sir" she leads him inside and Tao notes the sheer number of people in it.

 

 

"I must say sir, miss Lee always come here to meet people, men mostly?" The waitress says smiling but Tao knows there's a sinister smile behind them. He frowns, they don't like Sehun do they? "She's my fiancee. We're getting married by next week" he says as a matter of fact and the waitress has her eyes wide again. "Oh" she feigns surprise , "then your marriage be arranged by you parents then?" 

 

 

Nosy, Tao thinks, "Miss Lee does come here often with her boyfriend" the waitress coment with the same sinister smile and Tao scowls. He says nothing however. They reach at the back of the restaurant where a woman sat on the chair while reading her book. Her hair is pink in colour and she looks up when they approach. Tao is glad that she's still willing to wait for him despite his tardiness. 

 

 

"Zitao, sit down please" she says with a gentle smile when he bows at her. She puts her book down delicately and watch as he took off his jacket and drape it over the chair. A moment later he sits down across her. "I am sorry for being late. Even if it was because of work, it is still unacceptable. I am very sorry" he says truly looking guilty. Never in his life had he made a woman wait for him so long especially a beautiful one like Lee Sehun. 

 

 

But he didn't expect her to laugh and brush it off. "It's okay. I don't mind actually. My brother and my bestfriend has always make me wait when we meet up" she says and Tao looks at her starstruck. She's very different from what he imagine her to be. Most woman would be angry to wait especially for half an hour and here Lee Sehun daughter of the congressman doesn't even mind waiting? 

 

 

"But still, I was never taught to be late. I am sorry" he says and bows his head in shame. When he look up, Sehun was looking at him with an amused glint in her eyes that had Tao embarrassed under her eyes. His cheeks heated up immediately, he's not very good socializing with woman. "You're very interesting Zitao" she says cocking her head to the side and his cheeks heated up even more at the compliment.

 

 

"T-thank y-you?"

 

 

Sehun laugh, her eyes crinkling into a crescent moon making Tao smile just slightly. Sehun seems like a carefree woman, one that enjoys life to the naximun extend yet aware of how scary the world works. She also seems nice, he noted in his mind and watch as Sehun opens the menu and scan them. "What would you like Zitao? I could recommend some goods from here. I often come here with my brother and best friend"

 

 

Zitao frown. The waitress said that she usually here with her lover. Maybe they mistake him as her boyfriend, he wonders. "You do?" Sehun smiles brilliantly at him with a nod. "Yeah. Oppa likes the fish here while Jongin loves the beef. They both have weird taste though" Sehun says and Zitao chuckles nodding at himself.

 

 

"I would call myself rude but I'll just ask you. The both of us barely know about each other and we're married because of our parents. But tell me Zitao, why did you agree to this arrangement?"

 

 

 

She ask, eyes slightly confused and Tao sighs, hanging his head down. Might as well tell her the truth, he thinks and open his mouth, "My fiance' left me days before the wedding which is next week and baba doesn't want to be embarrassed for canceling the wedding" he says and there was silence taking over them. Tao look at the woman, reading for her to get angry at him but instead she smile. 

 

 

"Really? That woman lost quite a lot. You're handsome and smart, not to forget has a huge career. Don't dwell on her and move on. It'e her loss for making such a stupid decision" she says beaming at him and Tao was shock as he process her words. "Y-you think I'm good looking?" 

 

 

Sehun looks taken aback, staring at Tao with lips slightly parted and her cheeks reddening at his words. It's a cute sight actually, to see Lee Sehun flustered badly. "O-of course" she stutters out and Tao actually laugh out loud. He clutch onto his aching stomach because of laughing too much and he could see from the corner of his eyes that she's pouting. 

 

 

"Maybe we should start again?" He suggest after surpressing his laughter and Sehun frown but nonethess nod. She reach out a hand to him for a handshake. "I'm Sehun. Lee Sehun"

 

 

"Tao,Huang Zitao" 

 

 

"Let's be friends"

 

 

 

 

 

When Tao got home after dinner, there was a soft smile on his face. He thinks this marriage might work. Sehun looks like a nice girl that he could stay with but he wonder, can he fall in love with her so that they will always have a happy marriage? "Tao! How was it?"  Kristina cries out the moment he step into the household and latch onto his arm. They were almost the same height, Tao only being few centimeters taller than her. 

 

 

His mother comes into the picture smiling at her son in a fond way. "Madam Lee just called. She said that she's very grateful to you for sending Sehun back home and couldn't wait to meet with you" his mother says and Tao chuckles nodding at her. 

 

 

"Sehun is nice"

 

 

Tao merely says and his mother nod, patting his shoulder. "I'm glad. She is a really nice woman. But she's also naive don't you think so" she says patting his cheeks twice before moving to the kitchen. Tao sigh softly but he knew his mother is right.

 

 

Kristina pulls his arm, trying to catch his attention. She smiles slyly at him. "So, tell me little bro. How is she?"