Chapter 2

Fran's Bookstore

A/N: Hey, everyone! Two things! First off, I just want to say a huge thank you for all the comments, subscribers, etc! I really, really appreciate them and they never fail to make me grin like an idiot ^~^ Secondly, quite a few people have asked about an update sooooooo I wrote more. I hope you all like it! 

 

Eunhyuk stood outside the now dark windows of Fran's Bookstore, waiting for Kyuhyun to show up for their date. He was still having a hard time believing that Kyuhyun had actually asked him out. In fact, he had to keep double checking with himself to make sure he wasn't just dreaming.

He hadn't told Maya about his date, mostly because he knew she would start asking him a billion questions and, frankly, he didn't think he had the answers to most of them. That, and the fact he knew Maya would start teasing him once she knew. Eunhyuk thought he had already blushed enough for one day, he didn't exactly want to make it worse for himself.

Right after his shift ended he had rushed to his apartment in an attempt to make himself look at least fairly presentable for his date. He took a quick shower, changed his clothes, brushed his teeth and combed his hair before returning to Fran's Bookstore. Now all he had to do was wait. 

Fingers tapping against his side nervously, his mind began to wonder. He was nervous he was going to do something stupid, to mess up in someway and ruin the date, but more than that he was curious as to what Kyuhyun had planned. Would they be going to a restaurant? A movie? A walk in the park? A trip to the local mall? 

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice when a cab pulled up beside him and a brown haired youth climbed out. It wasn't until said brunette tapped him on the shoulder that he was finally pulled out of his thoughts, giving a startled jump. 

"Oh! Hi Kyuhyun," Eunhyuk greeted, giving him an embarrassed smile. "Sorry, I didn't see you get here."

"It's alright," Kyuhyun chuckled. "You ready to go?" 

At Eunhyuk's nod, Kyuhyun led him to the cab where they climbed into the backseat. Kyuhyun leaned forward to whisper something to the cabbie before leaning back in his seat, ignoring Eunhyuk's questioning look.

"Where're we going?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Ah," Kyuhyun said, putting a finger to his lips, "it's a secret."

"Aw, come on. Just tell me."

"Nope. You're just gonna have to find out when we get there."

"You ," Eunhyuk said, sticking his tongue out at him.

"Is that anyway to talk to your date?" Kyuhyun asked teasingly.

"Of course," Eunhyuk declared with a laugh. 

The rest of the car ride passed in friendly conversation. When the cab eventually came to a stop, the duo climbed out. Looking around at their surroundings, Eunhyuk's eyes lit up. White sand covered the ground for miles a few meters in front of them with clear, blue water glistening in the distance. Sprinkled across the sand were clusters of people, however with it being later at night the beach was deserted for the most part, giving it a solitary, peaceful feel. 

"Is this okay?" Kyuhyun asked, fidgeting with his sleeve, "I wanted to being you somewhere unique, but if you don't like it we could go somewhere else..."

"This is awesome, Kyuhyun!" Eunhyuk exclaimed, beaming. 

Kyuhyun smiled warmly at him before tugging on his sleeve and leading him to a lighthouse a little ways down the beach.  "Ice cream," he explained as he led them through the door and into the line. 

The line moved fairly quickly until they were second in line. It was then that the line slowed to a halt, the middle-aged couple in front of them taking forever to decide on their flavours. One minute quickly turned into two, and still there was no progress in the decision making going on in front of them. 

Hearing a frustrated huff at his side, Eunhyuk turned to see Kyuhyun wearing an irritated expression on his face.

"Excuse me," Kyuhyun finally snapped, "but could you kindly hurry up? Not all of us want to wait until the next millennium to order our ice cream."

Wearing an affronted look on their faces, the couple ordered their ice cream and left, but not without sending Kyuhyun a glare. 

Shaking his head and chucking under his breath, Eunhyuk stepped up to the cash with Kyuhyun.

"A strawberry ice cream cone, please."

"Chocolate for me," Kyuhyun ordered.

After exchanging their money for the ice cream, and Kyuhyun stubbornly refusing to spilt the cost, instead paying for everything himself, the duo walked along the beach eating their ice cream. They soon came across a bench facing the water and decided to sit and eat.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence Kyuhyun turned to Eunhyuk and regarded his ice cream cone curiously. Eunhyuk raised his eyebrow at him in a silent question.

"What does strawberry taste like? Is it good?" Kyuhyun asked.

Eunhyuk nodded his head with a smile on his lips. "It tastes like heaven." 

"Oh? Lemme try some then," Kyuhyun said, leaning in to take a .

Eunhyuk held the cone up for him to take a . Suddenly he felt the urgent need to sneeze, nose twitching furiously. "Oh oh," he thought as Kyuhyun's face neared his ice cream cone. 
One sneeze later, and Kyuhyun had a face full of ice cream. They stared at each other, speechless, the silence stretching on, until Eunhyuk broke down into a fit of laughter. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry, but your face!" He gasped out, a hand on his stomach, "Oh gosh, your face!"

Kyuhyun stared at the other frowning, ice cream dripping down his face. "Somehow I'm yet to find this funny." He commented, though a smile began to tug at his lips as he watched his companion. Soon enough, he began chucking too, unable to stop himself as he began to think about what he must look like. He soon realized that Eunhyuk's laughter was contagious as he found himself unable to reign control of his laughter.

Eventually they calmed, their laughter dying to the few occasional chuckles. Eunhyuk helped Kyuhyun clean his face with the napkins they brought with them from the light house. 

Kyuhyun leaned against the bench with a sigh. "Oh man, I don't remember the last time I laughed so much."

"Me either," Eunhyuk agreed, flashing the other a smile.

They let the quiet wash over as they lapsed into comfortable silence, content with just each other's company. They watched the moons shimmering reflection on the oceans surface with appreciation, amazed with how pretty the water was at night. 

"This is nice," Kyuhyun commented after a while.

"Yeah," Eunhyuk said, smiling happily.

Feeling a sudden warmth on his hand, Eunhyuk looked down to see Kyuhyun's hand wrapped around his. He glanced up at the other, surprised, and Kyuhyun sent him a bashful smile. Eunhyuk felt warmth flood his chest as he took in Kyuhyun's smile as their fingers intertwined. 

They sat like that for awhile, interchanging between engaging in conversation and watching the ocean in silence. Eventually they reached the decision that it had gotten late and they should be getting back. Hands still linked, they walked back to the parking lot where Kyuhyun called for another cab. 

Stopping at Eunhyuk's place first, Eunhyuk went to climb out of the car when he stopped and turned back to Kyuhyun.

"Wait! I don't have your number," Eunhyuk blurted.

"It's okay. I'll see you at the book store," Kyuhyun said with a smirk, closing the door behind Eunhyuk.