A Little Colorful Place

Little One-Shots Of Daily Life

A Little Colorful Place

 

This night was cold. With her red scarf, Jiyeon walked quietly in the town's streets. The feeling of a cold breeze was really pleasant and the peaceful smile on her face said a lot about her mood. She liked hanging out under the glittering stars and the moon which was shining like ever. Her steps stopped in front of a drink machine as she paid for a can of coke. She turns around and pursues her way. It was her usual little walk that she loved and thinking about nothing but only appreciating the weather was enjoyable. While she was walking, boys and girls who were hugging and kissing each other made her envious. She felt so lonely watching the romantic couples but maybe someday, the love of her life will come ? 

" Come on boy, why are you crying ? " A voice said behind her. 

" I wanted those candies.. " He looked the little sweets in the shop window. " But the seller yelled on me because I don't have money. "

" You look like a man ! Men don't cry ! " His interlocutor replied. 

" I'm just ten.. " He answered slowly. " I'm not a man. " He kept crying.

" Then, do you prefer coke ? " Jiyeon intervened while the little boy raised his head. " Take, it's a present ! " She smiled.

" T-thank you miss.. " He accepted gently.

She patted his head and watched him go with her drink. Well, it was for a kid.. a kid can't be compared to a coke. The guy next to her was speechless. He was staring at her and thought how nice she was. It was the first time he saw a girl like her. Not because she had a beautiful smile, or because she had a wonderful gaze.. or just because she was totally gorgeous. Well.. maybe. However, he was too amazed to speak. And while he was in his perfect world, a hand moved in front of him and a finger poked his nose. 

" You seem to be sick, are you okay ? " She asked.

" Come with me. " He took his hand. 

" W-what ? Where are we going ? "

" Raise your head. " He said while walking. 

Jiyeon didn't understand why she had to. She knew there were stars in the sky. However, her eyes were watching them, like an innocent kid who doesn't know what those shiny things were. And she didn't know why, she felt comfortable. His hand was warm but the city was cold. After a few steps, she suddenly bumped into his back because he stopped walking and rubbed her sore nose but she finally realized the place where she was. 

It was the romantic couples zone, the forbidden sector for those who were single. It was worse than the street where she was walking and where she met this guy and the little boy because there, there were tons of couples who aren't ashamed to be cheesy. Everything was luminous, colorful and wonderful. It was like an inaccessible dream and she thought that she could never take a step in it. There were many amazing street lamps and beautiful fairy lights in the trees which were also decorating the benches where some couples were laughing together. It was the winter wonderland, forbidden for kids like her. 

Jiyeon looked up and saw the guy's facial expression. His eyes shone and he was watching all around him like a baby in Disneyland. At that moment, Jiyeon looked him with a little smile and felt her heart warmed. Not because he had a cute smile, or because he had an innocent gaze.. or just because he was totally gorgeous. Well.. maybe. She thought that his face was more captivating than this wonderful place. 

" I think.. it's romantic. " He started to say quietly while watching all those couples. " For an encounter. It's romantic. " 

" It's for couples. " Jiyeon said. " I feel embarrassed to be here while I'm single.. "

" You hold my hand. " He replied. " We're like a couple, no ? "

Her eyes widened and noticed their hands. Instinctively, she took off her hand and shyly look away. He found it cute and started to walk while Jiyeon was watching him go. There was a big fountain not far away and he wanted to take a closer look at it. Of course, he knew the confused girl will follow him because like she said, she felt embarrassed to be in this place while she was single..

" Even the fountain has colour lights.. " He looked into the clear water. 

He smiled a little when he saw Jiyeon's face in the water. She was totally amazed too and curious, just like him. They must look like idiots in the others eyes but it was the first time for them to be there. And it was really fantastic. 
After a few seconds, he sat on the edge of the fountain and kept smiling at her pretty face. She was still watching into the water, looking for what the next colour will be after the yellow one. He thought she'd be bored after a few minutes but she still dreaming at the beauty of the colorful water. It was totally peaceful for him. 

" I thought it'd be impossible for me. " She said suddenly. " I don't know what's love and I don't know how it feels to be loved. But being here's just like.. someone loves me. "

" I thought it too. I've always wanted to go here but as I'm single, I was embarrassed. "

" So, why did you bring me in this place ? " Jiyeon stopped what she was doing and sat next to him. 

" I said it, no ? " He smiled. " We look like a couple. "

" But we're not. " She whispered. 

He heard what she said but acted like he didn't. 

" While I was dreaming of this place, I kept telling to my mind that I'd go with the girl I love. " He remembered his words. " Tonight, my mind is happy to see my dream being realized. "

" What are you saying.. ? " She asked carefully. 

" What's the name of the girl I love ? " He turns his head towards her. 

Jiyeon didn't know how to react. His eyes were staring at her, waiting for an answer but she was totally confused. So, if he took her hand and brought her here, it was because it was a love at first sight ? He said that for an encounter it was romantic. Actually, he was right. Jiyeon met a romantic boy in a romantic place.

" My name.. ? " She wasn't sure.

" I'm sure I'm in love just with only one girl. " He replied. 

" I'm Jiyeon. " She answered shyly. " And you.. ? " She looked elsewhere.

"  Are you really interested, Jiyeon ? " He asked. 

" I want to know who is this someone who loves me.. " 

" Then, look at me. I'm this person. " He said. " I'm the one who fell in love with you. "

Jiyeon looked at him and saw how his face was bright with the lights and the colours of the town. She saw how he smiled at her and how his eyes were watching her. She saw all his love for her. They didn't know each other but he already has feelings for her. She was really touched. She melted at his sweet declaration of love. 

" The one who loves you is Myungsoo. " 

" Enchanted, Myungsoo. " She smiled. " Can I ask you something ? "

" Yes ? " He replied.

" Can I be your girlfriend ? " She asked.

" Jiyeon.. " 

This night was the most wonderful for Myungsoo. He was too shocked because of her answer but really happy at the same time. It was difficult for him to say how he felt now because it was the first time someone loved him. His heart was beating so fast and it felt like it would explode. It was the first time.. and his feelings exploded for him.

" Myungsoo.. why are you crying ? " She said worried.

" I don't know.. I really don't know. " He tried to stop his tears. 

All of a sudden, a warm feeling invaded his body while some arms were hugging him. 

" You're a man. Men don't cry, no ? " She hugged him with a soft voice. 

" I lied. Men's heart cries a lot. " He smiled slowly. " And I cry for the girl I love. "

" I see. " She smiled. " Then, what's your answer ? "

" You know what's my answer, Jiyeon. " He replied. " I love you. And I want to be with you not just as a boyfriend, but also as the man you'll love forever. "

" You can count on me. " She looked him. " I love you too, Myungsoo. "

She just finished her sentence that their lips were already locked. Myungsoo was finally kissing her lips. He was finally kissing her smile. The beautiful smile which charmed him. Love and be loved, they've never knew this feeling. But at this moment, this night, sitting on the fountain's edge under the stars and the town's colours was the best feeling ever.

 

 

 


Hello dear readers ! 

How was it ? This chapter wasn't funny but just romantic ! A dreamy one-shot for the little dreamers..

Thanks guys and see you soon !