Chapter 3

Memories of Tears and Love

***Ring*** Arron’s phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Dude, the teacher’s sick. Out for the day… You want to go to The Shack?” Jiro asked.

“Umm, no… you and your new girlfriend can go. Bye.” Without hearing another word from Jiro he hung up. “Are you done crying? Let’s go, I’ll bring you to a really cool place.”

Arron held onto Gui Gui’s hand and brought her to the lake near his house.

“It’s so pretty here! The blue sky, green grass, and the clear blue lake, it also has cute little ducklings.” Gui Gui gushed with happiness.

“You’re so weird… crying one minute and now laughing? What’s next? I just don’t get it.” Arron grinned.

“You finally smiled. You know ever since I met you in the first day of college I never ever saw you smile before, but today I, Gui Gui made you smile! Yeah!”  Gui Gui cheered with joy.

“The first day of college? We’ve known for that long?” Arron asked as he sat down on the green grass.

“Of course you wouldn’t remember. You’re always so cold and quite. You’d only talk to Jiro and the professors. How would you notice me, or any of the other girls for that matter?” Gui Gui picked up a flower next to the lake.

“So, I do give that kind of image to everyone. That’s good.” He smiled then slowly laid down on the grass.

“Why? Are you afraid of the attention or are you just wanting to try to attract girls with your cold personality?”  She laid her head on Arron’s stomach, looking up at the sky.

“I think that it’s because I want a quiet and peaceful life, because every time I go home all my parents can do is yell at each other, and they’d always tell me to do what they want me to do, but they’ll never listen to what I want to do.” Arron slowly closed his eyes to listen to the nature around, but somehow all he could listen to was Gui Gui’s heart beating next to his.

“Why is your heart beating so fast? You like me?” Gui Gui giggled and turned to kiss Arron on the lips.

After 5 seconds, she got up and ran to the swings on the other side of the lake.

Arron bit his bottom lip and opened his eyes. He thought to himself “What had just happen? Did she really kiss me?” he held one hand over his heart feeling it beat faster and faster.

Later that night, after Gui Gui and Arron separated from the lake.

***Ring*** Gui Gui’s phone rang.

“Hello?” She’s answered.

“Met me at our old place.” the guy from the other line told her.

“Okay…” She hung up.

Five minutes later…

“What do you want me for? I thought that you were happy with what you suggested about our relationship.” She said coldly.

“Why do you have to do this? He’s my best friend; you don’t think that I’ll care?” He grabbed her by the wrist.

“Hey, you were the one who went out with Xiao Man first. You’re coming back at me for what you did in the first place?” Gui Gui flung her arm out of his hold. “Jiro Wang Da Dong! It was you who said to not tell anyone about our relationship. It was also you who said that we can go out with anyone else. It was also you who said no matter what happens outside our relationship it will not affect us.”

“Yeah, but my best friend is the boundaries. Why is it him?” Jiro hollered.

“What? You’re jealous? You don’t think that I’d be jealous when you picked my best friend? Why can you get your ways and I can’t get mine?” She stated with a smirk.

“I don’t want you playing him, or hurting him!” Jiro got angry as she was playing with fire.

“The more you don’t want me to play! The more that I will play! Just watch it!” Gui Gui sass back.