it's you after all

It's Okay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi brushed her long jet black hair that coated with bright orange dye at the end of them with her long fingers in front of the mirror. She was making sure that she looks perfectly decent tonight. She rolled her eyes to see her watch. It’s 2:20 am. A few minutes as they promised to see each other. She glanced at her roommate, Wendy who was sleeping soundly after replying all the messages that their friends send for their debut performance. Suddenly her phone vibrated, she quickly picked it up while walking to the toilet.

“Hey, have you gone out?”

The gentle male voice rang inside her ear like an acoustical instrumental song. She somehow let out a small smile hearing the voice.

“Not yet. Why? Have you arrived at the rooftop?”

Seulgi replied in a whisper to avoid that her members would wake up. She sat the edge of the bathtub. She was wearing a simple navy blue jumper with a pair of skinny black jeans.

“Good ‘cause I am standing in front of your dorm.”

Seulgi automatically stood out, surprised hearing his words. She quietly rushed out from the toilet and tiptoed to open her room’s door.

“You what? You don’t have to do that, Jongin. What happen if someone sees you? I don’t want you to get in trouble just because of me. You don’t have to do this either because I know you’re busy with the concert and everything. I don’t want to see you tired.”

Jongin chuckled at the end of the line, hearing her being concern for him was the reason why he loves her. She is a blunt type of person and keeps thinking about other people first before herself. He slightly leaned on the wall beside the door.

“It’s okay, don’t worry. It’s freaking 2 am. Everyone is asleep, you know. Don’t worry, Seul. I am all cover up.”

Seulgi sighed as she listened to his explanation. She hates it when he always try to look fine in front of her. She felt guilty for all of these. She gently walked out from her room, scanning any sign of her members.

“Fine. I see you outside, Jongin. Bye.”

Jongin replied a bye and they hung up.

She slowly turned the door knob and revealed a sight of him with his stupid grin that she missed. He looked somehow dashing although he was only wearing a red plaid shirt and scraped jeans. Her eyes twinkled, seeing him in front of her. It feels a long time since they met because they were so busy. She quickly locked the door and dug her feet in her maroon sneakers.

“Hi, Kai.”

Seulgi let out a mocking smile while Jongin pouted hearing her calling him ‘Kai’.

“I’m off stage right now. Don’t call me that. Just call me Jongin. Arasso?”

Seulgi let out a small giggle, seeing him pout cutely like a little kid who dropped his ice cream. He really doesn’t change at all. Still the cutie idiotic Kim Jongin.

“Fine, I’ll always call you ‘Jongin’. After all, you’re my only Jongin. Don’t worry, cupcake,”

Seulgi didn’t realize that her sweet words eventually changed Jongin’s bronze-like face into hot flashing pink on the cheeks. He slightly cleared his throat and hid his stupid wide grin, not to be seen by her.

“So, I guess we should get going by now otherwise, the food will get too cold. Com’on, babe,”

Jongin casually grabbed her hand as they rushed towards the staircase to the rooftop. Seulgi was actually blushing so madly and her heartbeat races like a Ferrari as she could feel the warmth of his hand wrapped around hers. It feels so good yet so wrong at the same time.

The door swung open as Jongin lightly pushed it which revealed an empty rooftop. Jongin looked at her with a soft smile, assuring her that they arrive. That smile that almost made her flutter. She gulped of nervous. What was she thinking about liking her own best friend?

She could see that Jongin had prepared it earlier. A red plaid mat was sprawled across the middle of the floor and a rattan basket was placed at the middle of the mat. Not to forget, there are two helium balloons with teddy bear-shaped tied at the basket. She could clearly see that a pink paper bag by the basket. She doesn’t think more that Jongin bought something for her. She feels so touched with his effort.

“Here, sit here, Seul,”

Jongin gently gestured her to sit on the mat. He brought out a comfy blanket and sweetly wrapped around her. They were so closed as Jongin can smell her smooth hair like fresh lemons and Seulgi could sniff his manly cologne but they choose to shrug it away.

“You don’t have to do this. I’m fine, Jongin”

Seulgi voiced up to him for being too protective over her, just like before. He’s too nice and caring for a girl like her. With that good look and sweet flower boy type, no girl could ever resist him. Seulgi admitted that he is her boyfriend material ever since trainee days. How he would always be so sweet and y at the same time (in which Wendy totally agreed with her because she almost fall for him).

But she knew, they’re nothing more than just best buddies. It almost ripped her heart completely when her best friend, Krystal from f(x) which she prefer to call her as Soojung, confessed that she actually had a major crush on him ever since people st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter