Finding Happiness

Finding Happiness

'mom, are you truly happy?'

 
 
 
'of course dear. '
 
 
 
'why?'
 
 
 
'what do you mean why? Its simple. Its because I have you, your brother and your father. i feel complete and happy just by seeing you guys everyday.'
 
 
 
'that's it?'
 
 
 
'You know son, happiness is as simple as singing the alphabet song. It doesn't need any complicated formulas or extravagant theories. It just happens in a blink of an eye. Even if it involves the stupidest thing or the craziest people, if they made you feel secure, happy and contented then you are already experiencing it...'
 
 
----
 
 
 
I still remember the conversation I had with my mom like it happened yesterday.
And until now it bothers me and made me think a lot, 
 
 
 
 
'Am I truly happy?'
 
 
 
 
This question that makes me recall a lot of events that happened in my life.   From trainee days until now, all those sacrifices I had to make for me to reach the ultimate goal of being happy. People might say I am stupid for choosing a path that is unpredictable and unsure, but to me every sweat and tears I shed were worth it. If today people come and ask me, 'Are you truly happy?', I can look them in their eyes and confidently say that i am happy. This makes me happy.
 
 
 
 
Why? Because even though I am sitting here in this cramped restroom and crying my heart out because of that stupid prank. I can still proudly say that they are the reason why I am happy. They made me feel complete. Even though, they are a handful at times, they are still the reason why I am at bliss.
 
 
 
 
-----
 
 
 
'Sungmin~ah, come out!'
 
 
'I need to clean the bathroom'
 
 
'Did you cry~!?'
 
 
 
 
'What are you guys trying to do!? I hate all of you!' 
But of course, Its not true. It will take more than a prank like this to make me hate this crazy people.