Adopting a child

Optional Bias: Adopting A Child

"Are you ready?" _______ asks you. “Yes, I just need to hand the man the forms and we’re all set.” You joyfully said. Today you and _______ are adopting a 1 year old child at a new adoption center in L.A. Nothing was wrong with your body, you are able to conceive but you just didn’t want to go through the pain and you’ve always wanted to adopt a baby. You would try to imagine your baby many times, thinking if the baby girl has hazel eyes, blue eyes or light brown eyes like you. _______ and you haven’t decided on a name yet since you wanted to see her first. You wanted the name to fit with her small cute face. “Mr. And Mrs. ‘_______’, please follow me.” The male doctor announced. He led you down the hall to the elevators and pressed #16. As soon as you arrived at the 16th floor he took you into a room on the right where other couples or singles were filling out sheets or meeting their baby/babies. “Wow, look at all the parents here _______  I wonder if well get to see out child soon!” You excitedly told him. “I know, I really want to see our baby as well.” He responded. “Mr. and Mrs. ’_______’  you will need to fill out these last forms and you will be on your way to see your daughter.” He informed. “Of course, Doctor.” _______ replied.

-15 minutes later-

"Dr. Turner, we’ve finished." You hand the Dr the papers following him to his office. "Okay, so I guess you are both ready to see your new baby, is that so?" He put on his glasses and grabbed a clipboard withboth of your names on it off the side of his computer. “So everything seems to be fine, nothing out of the ordinary. Now, let’s have you put your finger prints on some documents and well get the child and her information, belongings, etc ready.” He confirmed.

"Thank you, Dr. Turner." _______ exhaled in relief.  ”You’re welcome.”

-10 minutes later-

A nurse comes in and has clothes and blankets; she hands them to your husband and congratulates you both. Another nurse walks in a few seconds later holding a baby in her arms. “_______ and _______, meet your baby girl.” Your daughter was awake looking around the room then at you both as she yawned. “She’s so beautiful” _______ awed. “She’s perfect! She’s more than what I could imagine!” You choked as tears rolled down your cheek. “What will her name be?” The nurse asked you both. “Her name is ’_______’ ” You said softly. “Yeah, ’_______’ suits her.” _______ quietly said.

Weeks went by and taking care of ’_______’ wasn’t a walk in the park, well… She wasn’t bad or anything it just that she kept you up almost every night and you were losing a lot of sleep. _______ was also losing sleep but not as much as you were. But no matter how much sleep you lost you were happy to have a baby like her. She was like a doll; small, big brown eyes, medium light skin, and thick dark brown hair. But when her hair hit the light, it would turn light brown strangely. “_______, did you feed her the bottle yet? I need to go to the store to buy more diapers.” he asked you. “I’m giving her the milk right now. And could you also go and buy some more baby wipes, blankets, and baby food? I want to stock up on those before the prices go up.” You told him as you lay down with ’_______’ on the bed feeding her bottle. “Okay, see you in a bit.” He called out.

-35 minutes later-

"Honeyyyy, I’m homeeee" _______ called out. “Okayyyyyy, bring me her towel and soap please? I’m going to take her a quick bath.” you tell him. _______ hands you what you’ve asked for as he retreats to the kitchen to put away the baby food in a special cupboard. He comes back and watches you play with ’_______’with the water and her toys you bought her a few days ago while making her laugh crazily from the funny noises and faces you both made. After her bath you set her gently on the bed and dressed her comfortably in her pink elephant pajamas. "Awwww! Look how cute she looks! Mommy picked a good animal ans color huh?" you cooed at ’_______’  “Hey! I bought her cute animal clothes as well. What were they again? Umm, I think it was purple or yellow bunnies? I can’t remember.” _______ began to concentrate on the pajamas for a bit. “They were yellow _______ ” You helped him. “Ohhh yeahhh, now I remember. Thank you, _______!” _______ pressed his lips on to your forehead and settled into bed with you and the baby. “You sure it’s okay to keep the baby in the bed with us? I feel more comfortable if she was in the crib though…” You asked him with worry. “Let’s put her in the crib, better safe than sorry.” he assured you.

Later that night you poked _______ on the back to ask him something important. “Psst. Pssst, _______ … _______ !!” you said in a raspy tone. “Huh, what? What’s going on?” He sat up quickly still half asleep. “Nothing, I just wanted to ask you a question, fool!” you exclaimed. “Well what’s the question _______ ” He asked drowsily. “D-Do you think… we will be good parents?” You hesitantly confess. You scoot closer to _______ for him to comfort you pulling the blanket more on to your bodies keeping warm. “To be honest, it will be difficult at first but I know we will become amazing parents. We may not do the things like every parent does, yet with our own opinions and choices; we will know what’s right for our child.” He kissed you on the cheek and hugged you securely. “ ’_______’ will be fine _______  we’ll be fine.” You nodded your head slowly as you both began to fall asleep again.

______________________________________________________________________________________

This was interesting to write since i'm not a parent (~_~;) haha but thanks for reading!!! (≧∇≦)