Final

040914

 

 

Everyone was getting their asses busy as hell in this glorious event which will take place tomorrow, Baekhyun watched as people scramble their way to arrange what they are assigned to and it pisses him off. He curled his fist as he glared at the beautiful decorations all over the place that is readied to be delivered later at the wedding place.

 

Why are these people getting so worked up for this stupid wedding? It isn’t even worth all this luxury. He bitterly thought. He made his way into his bedroom as he passed by people who were fixing the last pieces of giveaways as a remembrance to the supposedly wedding of the year his best friend, ing Park Chanyeol told him. From all those ty color combinations like White, Gray and Blue, to the grand six layered Cheese flavored cake which makes him want to destroy the out of it. The enticing details of the reception area were familiar and it gives off a different feeling. It’s as if, everything was planned out perfectly, which reminds him of what his best friend told him before..

 

                                                                                --

Flashback

 

“ING PARK CHANYEOL, GET BACK HERE YOU IDIOT—“The seventeen year old Baekhyun screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

“NOOOO Baekkie! You’re keeping this as a secret from me so it’s a big NO.” The tall young man panted as he ran around the backyard with the shorter one chasing after him.

 

“WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU—“ Baekhyun, being a short one, of course, he can’t catch up with the big guy with long limbs. So he’s contemplating whether to throw a shoe on him or just give up and let the guy do whatever he wants. But Baekhyun is a smart kid, he knows Park Chanyeol too well for his own good. 

 

“AHHHH—“ Baekhyun faked a hurt expression as he tried his best to make him look like he really stumbled.

“BAEKHYUN!” well, Chanyeol, being the overly protective best friend that he is, immediately came back to Baekhyun with worry evident on his handsome facial features. He quickly checked if Baekhyun got any scratch from the fall, which made Baekhyun grin to himself.

Given the opportunity, Baekhyun quickly grabbed his notebook; the one Chanyeol was probably holding and quickly hid it under his . He sat on it to be exact.

“YOU NAUGHTY LITTLE PRICK—“ Chanyeol immediately noticed that the shorter one just tricked him and he quickly reach out to grab the notebook back which resulted to them rolling on the lawn grass reaching and blocking one another.

 

“NO YOU . THIS IS MY NOTEBOOK. I DIDN’T GIVE YOU A RIGHT TO READ THIS BECAUSE IT’S MY DIARY. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A DIARY MEANS?!” Baekhyun yelled emphasizing the bold world to prove his possessiveness.

“NO! YOU’RE KEEPING A SECRET FROM ME, I READ ALL THOSE PAGES EXCEPT THE LAST ONE! WHAT ARE YOU KEEPING FROM ME HUH?! AREN’T WE THE BEST OF FRIENDS?!” The taller one said and gritted his teeth in annoyance.

“YES! I KNOW. BUT—“ the shorter one lost all his sense of reasoning when he noticed the approximate distance their faces are in, it’s too close for his own comfort and he suddenly felt his heart was getting ready to jump out of his rib cage, adding the fact that he was sure his face looks as red as a tomato.

Chanyeol noticed the shocked expression the shorter one showed and he wonders what made Baekhyun that way—until he noticed the shorter one’s flushed face and that’s when he immediately rolled off and lied beside Baekhyun instead.

It took about ten minutes of silence before they decided to break it.

 

 

“I’m sorry” oddly enough, they muttered at the same time and they just look at each other and laughed.

“Sorry Yeol, I didn’t mean to keep this from you but it’s really embarrassing, I don’t want you to see that side of me if you ever read that page.” Baekhyun breathed as he reach out and poke the taller one’s cheeks with his forefinger.

Chanyeol smiled. “No, it’s not your fault. I should’ve given you a little bit of privacy there. I mean, I already read the whole diary enough so I shouldn’t have forced you to tell everything to me.” The taller one said and faced the other one so, unaware of the sudden action, Baekhyun ended up with his forefinger being purposely bitten by the mighty Park Chanyeol.

“Ouch! You idiot—“ the shorter one said as he blew kisses on his forefinger because of the sudden pain the taller one caused. Chanyeol just kept on laughing because he thinks whatever Baekhyun does is cute.

 

Baekhyun just watched the taller one as the latter laughed his heart out. He blushed because no matter what this guy beside him does, He will always fall in love with him. Yes, He loves Park Chanyeol. The guy beside him, the guy who didn’t gave him privacy, the guy who just bit his forefinger and the guy…. Who looks beautiful when he laughs.

 

“Hey, Yeol. I’ll let you read this.” The shorter one muttered as he sat up and shoves his notebook to the shocked taller one. He looked away to avoid the confused look his best friend was giving him.

Later on, the taller one sat up and opened the notebook to its last page. He read everything written beautifully with Baekhyun’s hand writing. It’s full of details and after he’s done, it left him almost, speechless. A blush made its way to his cheeks as he looked up to Baekhyun.

 

“I-I know—please don’t laugh. I know I’m a er for romance novels but, yeah. I wrote that for fun. I didn’t want anyone to know about this but hey, you’re an exception. You’re my best friend after all. Even though, I intentionally didn’t want to show you that because I know you’ll just laugh at me.” Baekhyun confessed as he looked down with a flushed face, he quickly covered his face with his slender hands. Chanyeol quickly cooed the shorter one.

 

 

Chanyeol tried to pry the smaller’s hand away from his face. “Hey, what makes you say that?—I’m sorry Baek, I just—I thought you were keeping a small thing from me, but this is too much. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. Who says I’m gonna laugh at this? – at you? This is a wonderful thing. You, planning for your dream wedding. This is a great idea. I’m sure that the one you’ll marry is a one lucky man.” Chanyeol smiled as he sees Baekhyun looked up to him with a wide smile, and of course, the teary eyes.

“Really?—you think it’s wonderful? It’s beautiful isn’t it? I thought about that really well. I made every detail simple yet the way I wanted it to be. How about you, Yeol? What’s your dream wedding?” Baekhyun beamed

 

 

 

“Me? I want my love to have the best wedding; I want it to have the best of everything I could offer. Of course, all the wedding details should be fixed to what my love wants. Everything from the theme of the wedding, the color motifs, the cake, to the decorations, the giveaways, the flowers and even where my love wants to have the wedding. I’ll do whatever it takes. All my life, I have the best of everything, and I want my love to experience the same thing.” Chanyeol then looked up the sky. He looked so happy and of course, handsome. From then on, Baekhyun knew, that whoever Chanyeol’s going to marry, they should be grateful to have this wonderful man. The man that he truly loves.

 

End of Flashback

 

                                                                                       ~oOo~

 

Baekhyun sighed as he reached his room. He doesn’t want to get any more sight of anything about the wedding. It gave him memories of his and Chanyeol’s past because he knows, He shouldn’t feel this way. His best friend was going to get married tomorrow for crying out loud yet it will be with someone whom he hadn’t even met. That’s rude right? Your bestfriend was going to marry someone you didn’t know. It , Chanyeol didn’t even bother introducing him to the so called whoever that is, they should be a thousand times better than Baekhyun himself  fiancé . That son of a—Baekhyun cut off his thoughts as soon as his mind flashed an image of Chanyeol’s smile and he shrugged.The things love does to me. He bitterly thought. He shrugged and decided to jump and just lie on his bed. He can’t be like this forever, but spare him please. His heart was grieving.

 

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

Kyungsoo knocked for the nth time yet he receives no answer. He worries for his close friend. Although they just met 2 years ago, they easily got fond of each other to the point that he knows the reason why Baekhyun ended up like this.

 

 

 

After a bunch of calls and knocks which remained unanswered, He decided to just barge in and talk the out of Baekhyun, His friend can’t be like this forever. Baekhyun needed to move on with his life. He’s really going to strangle Chanyeol when he sees him again.

Kyungsoo doesn’t need to look for the brunette one as he sees an almost lifeless lump lying on the bed, staring off the ceiling. He really pities the situation Baekhyun was in but all he can do was talk to Baekhyun. He immediately sat beside the soul less human and poked his sides.

 

“Baekhyun? – Get up.” Kyungsoo sighed when he didn’t get any response.

 

 

 

“Baekhyun, I know—I ing know how it hurts you to see Chanyeol get married tomorrow but you need to move on with your life! You’re not like this! This not what you wanted right? Get up! This is not the Baekhyun I know, Where’s that happy ball of sunshine whose spreading warmth and love everywh—“ Kyungsoo was cut off by a pinch on his cheeks.

 

“Really Kyung? Really.  Do I look like a ball of sunshine? Seriously, your choice of words is getting weirder when you’re hanging around that Kim Jongin guy you’re dating.” Kyungsoo just chuckled when he sees Baekhyun smiled even just a little.

 

A whole lot of five minutes passed when Baekhyun decided to break the silence that engulfed them.

 

 

“I’m not okay, Kyung.” Baekhyun confessed as he looked down on his lap tears ready to pour from his eyes. Kyungsoo immediately noticed the quivering of his friend’s voice and he quickly hugged him. He hummed as he continuously traced soothing circles on Baekhyun’s back.

 

“Shh.. I know—“ Kyungsoo’s heart sobbed for Baekhyun.. It must’ve been hard on him. Kyungsoo thought.  

 

 

“Kyung.. I loved him and I always do… My heart aches every time he tells me something about his fiancé. It frustrates me how he gave this beautiful wedding to someone I don’t even know! And it pains me every time—every ing time I see him all happy preparing for that stupid damn wedding….. Kyungsoo, I won’t ask for anything, not even for my dream wedding.. But I wanted to marry him… He’s all I ever wanted… I wanted him more than anything. I want him Kyungsoo.. I love Chanyeol! I love him so much that it hurts..” Baekhyun sobbed and poured his heart out for the first time since he received the news, the news that broke his heart, which Park Chanyeol, the love of his life, is going to marry someone-- who wasn’t him.

 

“Talk to him Baekhyun.. Tell him your feelings before it’s too late.” Kyungsoo said as he brushed away Baekhyun’s tears. He didn’t want to see Baekhyun suffer anymore.

 

Baekhyun, shocked and confused nodded as Kyungsoo gave him a pat on the head. He quickly rushed outside and even though he almost tripped, he managed to reach Chanyeol’s house in just a minute. Of course, it wouldn’t take him that long. Chanyeol is his neighbor, after all.

                                                                               

                                                                                                --

 

Baekhyun heaved a long sigh as he nervously knocked on the door. It wasn’t long enough before Chanyeol who looked so damn hot wearing his bed clothes and newly disheveled haircut opened the door and made Baekhyun lost all his senses. He didn’t intentionally want to stare but yes, He got whipped by this handsome young man in front of him. Chanyeol on the other hand, was taken aback on what he saw; Baekhyun still wearing his pajamas too, but with puffy tear streaked eyes that aren’t a normal sight for him to begin with. When he noticed that Baekhyun was dumbfounded, he reached out and pinched the shorter one’s nose before he pulled him inside.

 

“Baekhyun, what happened? Are you alright? You looked like you just woke up… Wait—were you crying?!” Chanyeol’s panicked look and consequent questions made Baekhyun furrow his brows and the he grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and quickly pulled him.  

 

 

 

“Yeol, Please stop the wedding.” Baekhyun blurted out, straight to the point. His eyes are evidently begging.

 

 

“Wha-What?—Why?” Chanyeol, completely shocked and confused just stared at the brunette one in front of him. He cannot read Baekhyun’s expression because the latter was looking down.

 

 

“I said, please stop the wedding.” Baekhyun then looked at Chanyeol’s eyes and the latter can see how the shorter one looked so….hurt.

 

“I—I can’t do that Baek.. I already planned everything out…I—I can’t do that I’m sorry.” Chanyeol knew, where this conversation was going.. But he chose to shut it. He’s not going to spoil anything..

 

“No! Please—Please Yeol.. Don’t marry her—him, or whatever he or she was but please.. Chanyeol.. Stop the wedding.” Chanyeol wanted to reach out and stop those tears but… he can’t.

 

“Why  Baekhyun? Tell me. Why do you suddenly tell me to stop this wedding?” Chanyeol challenged the shorter one as he kept firm on what he wants to hear.

 

 

“Why? ing Park Chanyeol, do you wanna know why?! I ing love you! I loved you all along. All this time, All these years. All these ing minutes and seconds I’m alive and breathing I’ve been loving you! …. but you chose to break my heart… We’ve been best friends all along! I don’t even know who the you’re going to marry and it’s making me insane! I can’t even see if they’re worthy of you! It hurts me Yeol.. It hurts me.. “ Baekhyun sobbed as Chanyeol locked him on his arms and he continued to rub Baekhyun’s back to calm him.

 

 

“I’m sorry Baek…. Just.. Just come to my wedding tomorrow. I need you there. “

 

 

 

 

 

And that’s all Baekhyun could remember when he woke up feeling a bit dizzy. He doesn’t even remember how the hell he got on his own bedroom and woke up from a deep sleep. Well, would he still care?  Somehow, Chanyeol’s warmth the night before did erase his worries.

 

 Baekhyun finally decided. He’s going to attend Chanyeol’s wedding and just be supportive for him. That’s the least he could do as his best friend.

 

                                                                                      ~oOo~

 

It was April 9, 2014, 4:00 pm. It’s enough to call a death wish for Baekhyun. He’s now on his way to Chanyeol’s wedding and he’s taking his time. Not that it mattered anyway. The spotlight won’t be on him. It would be for the one Chanyeol’s going to marry and It irks him so much. He wanted to go back home but he knew, he can’t. He just can’t. Because Chanyeol needed him, Maybe he wanted me to see how he’s gonna be so happy without me. Oh, the things I do for love. Baekhyun thought as he tried to  calm himself up.

 

Chanyeol instructed me that the wedding place was just a few turns away here on our place. Is he insane? Who the ’s going to marry here in the subdivision? Where will he say his vows? On the ing road?  Baekhyun thought and scoffed when he noticed the familiar way. It reminds him of something…

 

“ing , I know this place— this is--“ Baekhyun gasped when he saw where the wedding place will take place. It’s in the park!

 

 

 

 

 

The subdivision’s mini park, where he met Chanyeol for the first time when they were kids! Chanyeol was crying back then and he had that sudden urge to comfort the kid. Why would he want to marry here?! He immediately saw Chanyeol smiling widely in front, right beside the personalized altar beautifully decorated. There were a lot of guests. He even saw his parents and friends. What the hell are they doing here?!  He saw Kyungsoo beside the taller and he even smiled at him. Baekhyun can’t move from his place. The whole mini park turned into an instant heaven. Beautiful decorations were scattered all over the place. No one could even tell it’s a park besides the one who knew about it. He stood there frozen until Chanyeol made his way closer to him.

 

 

 

 

And that’s when it clicked.

 

 

 

 

The wedding place..  It’s the park where he met Chanyeol…

 

The motif of the wedding were White, Gray and Blue…. Which was his favorite colors..

 

The flowers, it’s all the yellow carnations and a few baby’s breath which definitely were his favorites.

 

The giveaways which were designed as whistles.. A toy which Baekhyun gave Chanyeol when he saw the latter one crying on the park…

 

The six layered Cheese Cake….. It’s his favorite cake flavor….

 

The date today… It’s the day which they met..

 

And the song… The song “Lucky” that was playing in the background sang by his favorite band, EXO…

 

everything

 

 It was his idea.

 

 

This is too much..

 

 

 

 

 

 

“PARK CHANYEOL YOU ER! HOW DARE YOU USE MY FAVORITE SONG AS YOUR WEDDING MUSIC! HOW DO YOU USE MY FAVORITE FLOWERS FOR YOUR WEDDING?! HOW DARE YOU USE MY FAVORITE COLORS AS THE MOTIF OF YOUR WEDDING?! HOW DARE YOU USE MY FAVORITE CAKE AS YOUR WEDDING CAKE?! HOW DARE YOU GET MARRIED IN THIS PLACE?! HOE DARE YOU GET MARRIED TODAY OF ALL THE ING DAYS! HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY OTHER BEST FRIEND YOUR BEST MAN?! AND HOW DARE YOU INVITE MY FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO WITNESS YOUR ING WEDDING?! IT’S MINE PARK CHANYEOL! IT’S MY IDEA! THIS WAS ALL MY IDEA!—THIS IS MY DREAM WEDDING—HOW DARE YOU USE THIS TO SOMEONE ELSE—“ Baekhyun sobbed as he punch the taller one continuously on the chest who, in the middle of Baekhyun’s shock managed to reach and  hold the shorter one to calm him down.

 

“Shh.. Baekhyun.. Please calm down! You Idiot—don’t make a scene here!” Chanyeol muttered as he hugged and pepper the shorter one with kisses on the forehead.

 

“Oh yeah! Because I will destroy your wedding?! You shouldn’t have invited me in the first place!” Baekhyun murmured angrily as he struggled to get out of Chanyeol’s hold but he’s still weak from crying.

 

“You’re really an idiot. How am I gonna get married if I don’t invite you? Who am I going to say my vows to? Who am I gonna marry if you didn’t come? What makes you think it’s someone else you idiot!” Chanyeol chuckled as he pats Baekhyun’s head when he saw the latter one’s very shocked face.

 

“H—How come? “ Baekhyun was left almost speechless. Chanyeol rendered him speechless. He barely manged to utter those words out.

 

“Don’t you remember what you wrote on the last page of your notebook?” Chanyeol smiled as he slowly kneeled on one knee.

 

 

“The one written on.. The Last Page of my Notebook?..” Baekhyun then hears Chanyeol recite lines he never remembered so much if it weren’t for the latter.

 

“You—you still remember that? Oh my god Yeol…” Baekhyun’s face flushed from the memory.

 

 

 

“Of course Baek, when I saw you threw your notebook I immediately grab and keep it. I also saw how you loved me all along, I’m not that stupid. Besides, we do kiss and all. Do you see people who were just friends doing that? Kissing each other?  I already consider us dating the first time you made me smile when you saw me crying when we were kids, I know it’s funny but yes, I do loved you ever since. Sorry if I didn’t clear everything up to you. I just thought you knew. Haha. So,  Byun Baekhyun. Will you make the words written on the Last Page of your Notebook a reality with me? Baekkie, Will you spend your forever with me?” Chanyeol smiled as he showed Baekhyun a familiar ring from his pocket. Baekhyun was left speechless. He managed to nod though. He gasped when Chanyeol hugged him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, Park Chanyeol. I will marry you.”

 

--

 

 

“Dear Diary,

 

So, it’s uhh. The Last Page of my Notebook now. It’s the end. But I wanted to make this memorable since this will be the last time I’m gonna write into a diary because Chanyeol thinks it’s gay to have one  it’s not cool. So, today, Me and Yeol read a novel. It’s really wonderful Diary! Did you know what happened in the book? The woman got her dream wedding with her best friend! It’s cool right?! It says in there that you wouldn’t dream of any luxurious wedding when you want to have your dream wedding. It’s called a dream wedding when you’ll get to marry the one you love so much. I wanted that too! But guess what? I also planned my dream wedding! I chose it to be simple yet elegant. I want my family and friends to be there to witness how happy I am with the person I’m gonna marry. I wanted the motifs to be my favorite color Gray, White and Blue. I wanted yellow carnations and baby’s breath as my wedding flowers, I wanted my cake to be a six layered Cheese Cake! My favorite flavor! Hihi. I wanted the giveaways and decorations memorable too! I want my future other best friend to be my husband’s best man, of course, our wedding music will be from my all time favorite band, EXO. And  Lastly, I wanted to marry him in the place, where I first met him on that same day ten years from now. Isn’t it Beautiful? I really want to have my dream wedding, but really. Who needs it when I’m going to marry the one I love? Right now, I have a person in mind for that. I just hope he feels the same way too. J

 

PS: I wanted my dream wedding and proposal to be on the same day. I wanted it to be a surprise! That makes it cute right? Haha. :)

 

Love, Byun Baekhyun.”

 


A/N: STILL UNEDITED. OMG. Finally posted! Dghdgfdhg Thank you for reading this piece of whatever. Haha. I hope you enjoyed reading this though. My writing . Hahaha. It’s really cute to imagine Baekhyun sobbing like a cute little puppy. Sfgdjfg omfg so squishy. :3 I wasn’t able to include the other otps since this is only a one shot. I’ve finished typing this and posted it before but I decided to revise some parts.. Hahaha. Sorry for my informal way of writing and for my grammar and other mistakes. I chose the title 040914 for some reasons (tbh i can't tell ya haha) I hastily typed this one. Hope to hear some comments from you. ! xx

 

All rights reserved.

© ilusyonadaaa

2014, April 25th