Final

Hook, Line, and Sinker

Kyungsoo stares out of the window, waiting for this class to finally ing finish. He doesn't know why he even bothered showing up in the first place, he could learn all of this stuff from the textbook , the teacher is only reciting it from there anyway. He rolls his eyes, rocking back on his chair, and puts his feet up on his desk. His phone vibrates in his pocket, so he pulls it out and chuckles, seeing a photo sent to him by one of his friends.

It seems as though they're out having fun without him, at the pond nearby, and they pushed Luhan in. He's wet all the way up to his mid thighs, and looks extremely pissed, giving Baekhyun the finger. 

"Mr Do, please put your feet down, and pay attention," the teacher implores. What an idiot.

"Yeah, one second," he dismises him, starting a reply. He glances up to see if the teacher is going to do anything, because sometimes they confiscate his phone, but he's just stood there with his arms crossed. This of course means that the whole class is glaring at him too- except one. The one kid near the front isn't glaring at him, he looks- he looks worried. Like he's begging him to behave.

Something about his face makes him want to stay out trouble, so he rolls his eyes again and makes a big show of putting his phone back in his pocket, then stares at the teacher expectantly, eyebrows raised.

"Thank you. Now, does anyone know the future irregular stems?" he continues, cheering up after having won his petty little battle.

Kyungsoo ignores him, looking instead to the back of that kid up front. He can't remember his name, and all he knows about him is that he's kinda quiet. He doesn't seem to have that many friends, which is odd, because he's not exactly ugly, and he isn't a huge nerd, as far as he can tell. He just doesn't say much. Kyungsoo shrugs it off, and goes back to clock watching.

-

Kyungsoo left after that lesson ended, heading to the pond to go and hang around with his mates. As he left, from the corner of his eye, he could swear he saw the kid watching him go, his cheek resting on his folded arms. He'd looked- dare he say it- sweet. Kyungsoo shakes his head, chasing away these pictures, instead listening to Baekhyun tell a story about this one time he went to a girl's place, intending to have with her, only to be chased out by her brother in nothing but his underwear. Baekhyun passes his cigarrette to Luhan, who takes a drag, and offers it to Kyungsoo, but he rejects it. He's trying to quit.

It's beginning to get a little dark, and upon inspecting the sky, Kyungsoo finds that the clouds look pretty ominous. It might rain soon. Good thing he has his leather jacket on him, otherwise he'd get completely soaked on his way home: it's not easy to stay dry on a motorcycle though. 

"Ah, you guys!" Luhan suddenly curses, having been victim to yet another prank, this time involving grass being shoved down the back of his shirt. He grapples to get hold of his abuser, pinning him down to the ground. Kyungsoo isn't surprised when everyone gets involved, piling on top of one another until they're just a pile of bodies. Kyungsoo sits a little way away from them, his motorcycle helmet under his arm.

Ignoring the other guys, he looks around the small park. It's not a very impressive place, a bit dank in fact, with grass in need of cutting and litter floating in the water. One of these days, the ducks will disappear and never come back. The swan population is declining too, someone should really clean this place up. Not him though.

He checks his phone for the time, half four. People will be leaving school now, so he might see a few straggling students pass through here on their way home. They always seem to avoid them, and he can understand why. It's not like they go out of their way to intimidate the public, but a bunch of loud, smoking, sometimes drunk teenage boys can be quite scary he supposes.

The boys finally fall apart, rolling around in the damp grass. Kyungsoo doesn't care to join them, but instead smiles ruefully. Sometimes he feels like an older brother to them, although he knows he can be just as reckless sometimes. He can't count all the times he's done something stupid under the influence, like that time when he went onto the trampoline at Baekhyun's house after having god knows how many shots of vodka. He'd ended up vomiting half the contents up anyway, and had been left out there in a puddle of his own sick overnight. At least his friends had been nice enough to pull the tarpaulin across the top in case it rained.

Kyungsoo's eyes flit once again in the entrance to the park that's closest to school, and aha! There's the first student passing through. He looks familliar. Kyungsoo squints to try and determine his face, but doesn't get much success until he comes closer: it's the quiet guy from his french class. He looks in their direction, and makes eye contact with Kyungsoo. He looks away quickly, like Kyungsoo'd expected him to, but the expression he'd worn on his face just before he'd done so was different. He'd been shocked, yes, but there had been an element of something else. Something he can't put a name to.

Without really thinking about what he's doing, he stands up and walks to where the guy is headed, aiming to cut him off. He has no idea why he's doing this. Why is he doing this? Someone calls out his name from behind him in confusion, alerting the quiet boy who now stands stock still in front of him, his shoulders coming up and in, and his eyes wide. He glances between Kyungsoo and his friends, suddenly singled out.

Kyungsoo takes a step closer, so he's about a meter away, and is very surprised to find that the quiet guy is actually taller than him. he hadn't expected that, not with the way he acts. He supposes body posture really does do a lot to how others perceive you. There's a tense moment where neither of them say anything at all, where Kyungsoo is just scrutinising the guy's face. He has darker skin than him, making Kyungsoo wonder if he gets bullied for it at all. He shouldn't do, not with a face like that. He's even better looking close up.

"What's your name?" Kyungsoo asks, pensively. Suddenly the poor guys face flushes pink, then as he stutters out his name, a deep red blooming on his cheeks.

"I-I'm J-Jongin," Kyungsoo notices how Jongin's arms are crossed over his body, and how his fist is clenched around the strap of his shoulder bag. He's nervous, extremely nervous. More so than anyone he's ever spoken to before. Kyungsoo wonders if he's ever done anything to scare him, threaten him or done something stupid while drunk or something

"Jongin," he repeats the name. It flows well. He decides he likes it. Jongin's eyes widen, and his mouth twists, mortified. Kyungsoo furrows his brows, squinting at him again. He makes a mental note to remember his glasses in future.

"Jongin, are you ok?" He asks, wondering if he's going to need to call for help or something. To his surprise, Jongin merely splutters out a reassurance that's he's fine, then ducks his head down, speedwalking away from him. Huh. Well that was a weird experience, he thinks, as he watches Jongin almost run away, tail between his legs. 

-

After that day, he notices Jongin staring at him a whole lot more. And since Kyungsoo has become adept in catching him in the act, he also sees him red-faced more often than not. When they pass in the corridor, all Kyungsoo has to do is raise an eyebrow at him and he becomes a pink spluttering mess. It's kinda cute.

At some point during the next week, his friends catch on,

"Kyungsoo, why are you harassing the poor shy kid? Leave him alone," Chanyeol teases, making a big show of it and attracting the attention of a few passers by. Jongin hunches down in his seat in the cafeteria, with his one friend next to him. His friend seems amused, and tugs him closer in a one armed hug, laughing. This piques Kyungsoo's curiosity. Why does he blush so much? It's not the same as the first time anymore, he seems less scared. Sometimes he even sees him smiling afterwards.

"Do you think that quiet kid is gay? It would explain a lot," Luhan muses. Luhan knows a few gay people outside of school, because he goes clubbing a lot. He has a funny story about being the thing that confirmed one girl's uality. Not him, that was for sure. 

"I don't know. You'll have to ask," Kyungsoo says tersely. Luhan gets up and walks to where Jongin is sat. Kyungsoo hadn't actually meant it, certainly hadn't meant for him to really go and ask him. Kyungsoo watches slightly anxiously as Luhan pulls up a chair and sits confidently in front of Jongin and his friend. He can't hear them from here, but judging by Jongin's reaction, Luhan has seriously asked him the question. 

Jongin doesn't move, doesn't even open his mouth, but he must've made some sort of response because he's resting his cheek on the heel of his hand, looking at him speculatively. He asks another question, and Jongin balks, tipping his head back and screwing up his face in obvious distress. Kyungsoo wants to go over there and get Luhan away from him, but he doesn't. Where did that come from? He's never cared who Luhan harrassed before, why start now?

Luhan smirks darkly, then looks back at Kyungsoo, nodding slowly. He abruptly sits up, smiling smugly, then gets up. He nods at Jongin and his friend, then comes back to report. Kyungsoo finds himself hanging on the edge of his seat, and has to force himself to calm down. This shouldn't be so important to him, it's just the cute kid who blushes at him. 

"He is gay," Luhan announces.

"That can't be all you got," Baekyun frowns, "you were over there for ages," Kyungsoo agrees, there has to be more. He waits for Luhan to divulge the information, but all he gets is a condescending look from him,

"I'm not at liberty to say. But I will give you some advice, Kyungsoo. Maybe you should actually talk to the poor guy, instead of just making y faces at him all the time." 

"You what?" Kyungsoo tries to laugh it off. He hadn't been making y face. He'd been...What had he been doing? He shrugs. He'll figure it out at some point.

He looks to Jongin and catches his eye again. Come to think of it, why is Jongin alway looking at him.

-

The answer comes to him late that night, when he's about to fall asleep. Needless to say, the idea that the cute kid has a crush on him deprives him of sleep until the very early hours of the morning. He finds he doesn't hate the idea, he's not homophobic of course. He's had his fair share of girlfriends, so why didn't he recognise the signs sooner? 

He entertains the idea of going out with Jongin. Of hugging and kissing. And ing him, because obviously he would be the 'man' in the relationship. It wouldn't be...upleasant. He doesn't know if he could get off on it or not, though. He's never really thought to look at guys that way before. And despite being a delinquent, he's not callous, he doesn't want to hurt Jongin, because that would be cruel.

-

He comes into school over two hours late- better late than never. He turns up on time for his fench lesson, though, and walks past Jongin, who is flicking his pencil across his desk. When he spots Kyungsoo, he stiffens. From the back of the classroom, Kyungsoo has a pretty good view of him. He doesn't pay attention to a single word the teacher says, it's not like he's going to pass this class anyway, and instead spends an hour watching Jongin from behind. His shoulders are pretty broad, more than his own, but that doesn't mean anything. His dark brown hair hangs smoothly past his ears and tickles his collar. 

Jongin's ears look red, which makes him wonder if Jongin can feel his gaze on him. It wouldn't be hard to like him, he thinks. It's just a matter of time.

The bell rings, signalling the end of class, and Jongin shoots up, and darts out of the room before Kyungsoo has even packed away his things. And he only had a pen, so he must have really been hurrying. The only advantage to his hasty departure is that Kyungsoo got a good view of his . That is what makes up his mind. 

-

It takes a few days to corner Jongin. It turns out he's pretty good at running away and superb at avoiding people. 

"Jongin, for s sake stop," he calls out, tired of being left in the dust. He's pretty clueless as to how these things go, since usually he's the one who is asked out, and usually by girls who just want a good time. He doesn't blame them.

Jongin stops, and turns around to face him, but keeps his eyes on the ground.

"Jongin, do you have a crush on me?" he asks tactlessly, and regrets it instantly. 

"Luhan told you?" He asks, not really a question. He looks ready to be rejected, so Kyungsoo hesitantly rests his hand on his forearm.

"Uh, no. I figured it out myself." he confesses. 

"Oh,"

"Yeah,"

Kyungsoo clears his throat. Realising his arm is still on Jongin's sleeve, he removes it quickly, not wanting to fluster the younger boy further. God knows, he is very easy to embarrass.

"So yeah, I know that you like me, so do you wanna go out with me sometime?" Jongin's jerks up, and they actually look at each other face to face for the first time. 

"Please don't make fun of me." He's clamming up already, face rearranging to a semi-blank slate. He's not great at hiding his emotions, Kyungsoo notes. 

"I'm not making fun of you. I thought about this, and I wouldn't ask if I didn't think it'd be worth it. I don't like you, but I think if we got to know each other better. Well. Y'know." He shrugs.

Jongin is silent for a long time, so Kyungsoo lets him think it over. In the meantime, he leans against the wall and folds arms. When Jongin is still staring at his feet a full five minutes later, he decides an intervention is necessary. Pushing of the wall, his boots scuffing on the brick, he dips forward so he's looking up at Jongin,

"So is it a yes or a no? I don't have all day," he presses, hoping he won't make it worse by saying these things. Jongin's eyebrows crease, and he opens his mouth but nothing comes out. 

"Just nod, or shake your head, if that's easier," Kyungsoo snorts. Jongin nods his head. "There, that wasn't so hard, was it? So. How about tomorrow we go get, I dunno, coffee or something."

"I don't like coffee,"

"Icecream?" 

"Ok," Jongin smiles. It's only tiny, but close up, it feels a lot bigger. Kyungsoo could get used to this.

-

A week and three dates later, Kyungsoo has remembered to bring in an extra helmet for Jongin so he can ride on the back of his motorcycle. He doesn't have any spare leather, but tells him to bring in a thick coat. 

They aren't together much during school time, not wanting to draw too much attention to themselves, but from the glimpses of him he sees in the hallway and in french class- he always makes sure to brush his hand on him somewhere as he passes his seat, just to see him turn red- he seems happier. He smiles more, and somehow that makes Kyungsoo happier. Maybe he likes him more than he thought. 

After school, he and Jongin meet up at the place Kyungsoo parks his motorcycle, which isn't on school grounds but a little further away, and Kyungsoo helps him put on the helmet. Jongin says he feels silly with it on, and Kyungsoo tells him he'd be sillier with it off, , and Jongin looks contrite. He seems more used to the way Kyungsoo speaks already, although he tries not to swear as much around him. It feels like a clash between worlds. 

Kyungsoo straddles the bike, and pats the seat behind him. Jongin settles behind him, but leaves far too wide a gap between them. Kyungsoo takes hold of Jongin's hands, and wraps them around his waist,

"Hold on!" he says, "or you'll fall off and die," Jongin almost squeezes the breath out of him. 

Kyungsoo swears he hears Jongin scream when he started going, and smirks to himself. He's pretty cute.

With directions from Jongin, Kyungsoo delivers his passenger home, but before he lets him go in, he wants to try something. He takes of his helmet, and then Jongin's, and rests them both on his bike. He waves Jongin closer, then slides a hand around his neck, gently tugging him closer (down) until he's in reach. He kisses him, nothing too risque, then retreats. Jongin looks dazed, and to be honest he feels quite dazed too. He hadn't expected that. He kisses him again for good measure, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, then puts his helmet back on.

"See you tomorrow," he says, tweaking an eyebrow. Jongin waves at him as he speeds off down the road, away from him.


to kira, with love. i hope this makes up for stuff hahaha

aaanywayys, please comment (。・ω・。)ノ♡