Finale.

The Upturned Corners Of Your Mouth

I woke up today, and it felt as if something was missing. I knew very well as to what was missing. She was. She has left me, and I just can't seem to grasp it yet. I bought this condo. It was classy, but I decided to refurnish it for her when she said that it looked too boyish. She always had a way with words. It made her so persuasive. As I get up to brush my teeth, I stare at myself in the mirror. My figure seems frail, and hopeless. I look like a mess. It was beyond repair. A little chuckle emits from me as I brush my teeth. She would have loved me the way I was. She didn't care if I started to grow a beard or not. She would just love me. I miss the feeling of her lips against mine, the way it felt when her arms embraced me. Everything about her made me happy. Anger has been the apparent feeling in my body. The feeling of fatigue fills within me, and I can't help but feel a little bit of resentment towards her. She left me so willingly, so easily. I try my best to avoid these kind of petty thoughts. I was the one that let her go. It kills me. I let her go without a fight, and I'm dying more and more everyday. As I walk further in this no longer shared home, pain resides in my heart. She's everywhere, and I can't erase her. I see her figure hovering over the stove, cooking. Her figure by the table, drinking tea. Her figure by the window, with her beautiful laugh she has when I make a stupid joke. It was like her ghost was haunting me. An unconscious tear spilled, followed by more. A sharp pain inserted itself into my heart. Her smile was the most painful. It was all I could think about. It was the only thing left of her that was still fresh in my mind. The last time she smiled at me was drenched in her salty tears. I remember the taste as I desperately kissed her, begging her to stay. She was afraid, and I was too. I didn't want to see the sickness to eventually overpower her body, leaving it lifeless. She didn't want that either, but I loved her. I still do. It's been a month, and I can't help but wonder how she's doing. I'm constantly worried about her. The thought of her can't leave my mind. Her kisses, her laugh, and her smile. It was all too surreal. Our memories spent together over the last year replayed itself in my head. The kisses I would give her remained clear in my mind, although they seem more like dreams rather than a memory. As I pepper kisses down her bare body, I remember her telling me that she loves me. The sugary sound of her voice made my heart skip too many beats to count, and it killed me to think that I wouldn't ever hear it again. Our pictures are plastered over the walls of this empty place I call home. The pitter patter of the rain managed to make this whole ordeal even more melancholy. I plop onto the couch, staring blankly at my reflection. What was this? What have I become? What has she done to me? I ruffle my now brown hair, hoping to get at least one answer. The confusion sets in as my hopeless eyes start to blur with tears. The sickness was the enemy. She didn't want me to get hurt. I didn't want to get hurt, but I can't live like this, thinking that she's in pain. I don't care if she needs me or not. I need her. That's all that matters. A moment of clarity suddenly pops into my mind. I'm going to chase after her. My beautiful love, I'll come to you. Hope starts to grow rapidly, and I give no hesitation into running out of the condo. Breathing in the suddenly fresh air, I run out into the street.

I'm coming, beautiful.

As I arrive where my beautiful love resides, my hand clutches onto her picture tightly. I have no luggage. I have no belongings other than the things I have on me at the moment. My clothes, my wallet, and a diamond ring. She had told me where she was going to be. I knew exactly where to find her. She lived in an apartment. As I knock on the door, an eager smile paints itself onto my face. The door swings open a few seconds later, but my beautiful isn't the one in the doorway. Instead, and elderly lady was staring at me.

"Can I help you?", she queried.

"Yes. Does a Kang Hyunmi live here?"

"Honey, are you okay? She hasn't been here for a long time. I remember seeing you at her funeral. Why would you ask?", she replies. 

It's all suddenly clear. I've been in denial. My love has not been alive for a year now. It seemed like a month. I've convinced myself that she was still alive, somewhere. Even though she wasn't here with me, I hoped that she was somewhere else. I never got to propose to her. The fragments of her started to piece together. I must be a crazy man. A frown replaces the lady's respectful smile, and I ran to where my beautiful love resides. As I stand in front of my love, my fingertips fondle with the diamond ring I prepared. Kneeling down, my face hides as a tear rolls down my cheek. Holding out the ring in front of her, I look up.

"Will you marry me?"

There is no answer as her quiet grave stares back at me. The only sound that is audible is the sound of the rain. It mixes with my uncontrollable tears as I cry shamelessly. Her bright character is now foggy in my mind. Her eye smiles were no longer visible, and her black hair was blurred. It felt like a storm had wiped out everything, and it had only left disaster and devastation. However, the one thing that remains clear, the one thing that never failed to make me weak, are the upturned corners of .


A/N: This was more of a drabble. I really didn't know what I was writing. It was just a litle blah to me. Hope you guys like it! Upvotes and comments are very much appreciated. love ya guise :) muah.