that's the way it is

gotta get with my friends

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo can't remember how it is exactly that Baekhyun managed to wheedle him into agreeing to this ridiculous plan.

He could have sworn that his sanity was still intact this morning when he left their shared room. Or at least, as intact as it has ever been since he'd developed this absurd, ridiculous infatuation on someone who, quite frankly, has never been his type.

As always, the day had started off on the wrong foot. Professor Kim had sprung a pop quiz on the class during diction and performance. Kyungsoo didn't panic and completely lose it like he normally would, however. He reckons he did well enough too. Might have even gotten top marks for it.

Mood still good and mind still whole, he had then trudged off to the recording studio before lunch hoping for some vocal practice, only to be interrupted by a chatty Jongdae, rattling off at a hundred miles an hour on how Sunyoung was so hot last night.

Jesus. The fact that he didn't strangle the guy for telling him things he'd rather chop his ears off than listen to alone is testament that he is, without a doubt, mentally sound.

But maybe somewhere between then and now Baekhyun had ing sweet talked the figurative screws off his head, because whelp, here he is, trying to be obscure in the corner of the music faculty block, awaiting further instructions with a walkie-talkie in hand.

"Baekhyun," he half-whines into it. "I don't want to do this."

There's silence from the other end. Kyungsoo could practically feel Baekhyun's disapproval through the walkie. "But you agreed, Soo," Baekhyun's voice comes out in static. "I know the last... strategy didn't work out so well." Kyungsoo snorts because what an understatement that is. "But you gotta get back on the saddle. It's been a semester already and I need you to get laid bad so that you'd stop being grumpy Soo." Baekhyun barks. "This is last ditch, okay? I won't bother you anymore if this fails too." Kyungsoo harrumphs, a second away from saying go yourself, when Baekhyun takes out his trump card. "Do it for me. Pretty please?"

And he could just imagine it, the bastard pouting with his stupid droopy eyes and stupid pouty expressions and just. Stupid.

"Fine," Kyungsoo sighs. He straightens back up, checks around the bend, sees his target paying for something over the counter of the campus coffee shop. "The things I do for you."

"Don't be like that, Soo," Baekhyun chides. "You know this is more for your benefit than mine."

Kyungsoo drags a sigh out in a way that would rival his grandmother's. "Alright," he surrenders. "Come to think of it, this is one of your less crazy ideas. In fact it's bloody darn normal by your standa—"

Just then the target exits the cafe, waddles to the zebra-crossing to wait for the lights to turn green. Kyungsoo jolts up, nearly throttling into a random pedestrian amidst his fumbling. Ignoring the stink-eye from the guy he'd almost trampled over, he mumbles nervously down the walkie.

"By my estimations the target will be here in approximately thirty seconds."

Baekhyun yells a good luck. "That's the spirit, Soo! You go ask that boy out," he says. "You go get that ." 


 

 

 

Sometimes he wishes he'd never met Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo remembers a time when he could still function like a normal person, instead of one who squats like a hobo around corners counting the seconds down to when the person you stalk would come by.

He didn't plan this. He certainly didn't expect to have this silly little schoolboy crush on ing Chanyeol.

They were both bright-eyed music major freshmen when they'd first talked. Okay, so maybe only one of them had been bright-eyed; Kyungsoo would have never. But all the same they had bonded over Coldplay and R&B, and it was the first time Kyungsoo had found talking to somebody apart from Baekhyun this easy.

But he was also a lightweight at drinking, and the spiked punch didn't help. Kyungsoo got wasted that night. He went through the fresher's party without getting the guy's number.

"Let's not fool ourselves here," Jongdae had snorted when Kyungsoo complained to him about how he'd let a hot guy slip through his drunk, drunk fingers. "You wouldn't have had the guts to ask him out even if you were stone-cold sober."

True. But it didn't stop Kyungsoo from giving Jongdae a very nice thank you for your comments token in the form of a fist to his gut.

It didn't matter anyway, Kyungsoo had surmised then. There are other fish in the sea after all. Very good-looking fish, too.

Come sophomore year he'd all but forgotten about Chanyeon. Or was that supposed to be a Cheonyeol? Whatever. Life was great. Would have been better if Baekhyun hadn't acquired a Jongin and isn't such a monger of public-display-of-affection. Kyungsoo could only put up with so much blatant disregard for humility before he ragequit.

He decided to stop hanging around the happy couple too much then, to save himself from being condemned to purgatory due to the sin of watching excessive amounts of live .

That was also around the time Chanyeol suddenly stopped becoming a non-entity, and Kyungsoo began to absolutely lose his mind.

They'd met again in instrumentals. The morning of their very first class session, Chanyeol had been late. He'd barged in with a string of apologies spilling forth from his mouth, a guitar case slung casually over his shoulder. Kyungsoo thought he'd looked familiar, but didn't pay too much attention.

It all changed, when stupid Chanyeol sang on his stupid (stupid stupid) guitar.

As punishment for his tardiness, Professor Zhang had made him play a song on the spot. "Since you already have an instrument on you," he'd said, settling back into his chair. Chanyeol stood there blinking confusedly for a while, but eventually relented.

He sat himself on a stool in the middle of the studio's raised stage, tuned his guitar, and—

To be honest, Kyungsoo's never been one for musical instruments. The only one he'd ever needed is his voice. So he thought he wouldn't much care about guys who could play one. But this guy, Kyungsoo thought, breathing coming out in hiccups. Oh my god.

Something else clicked into place too. Kyungsoo finally recognized him. Hot guy, he slurred incoherently. Drunk fingers.

Once the song ended, Chanyeol looked back up and straight at Kyungsoo, smiling like a wet gremlin and—

it, I'm not doing this

Kyungsoo stands back up with five seconds on the clock, wanting to run away.

Why is Park Chanyeol a thing that exists anyway? I'm outtie

He bumps into a hard body as he makes to flee, the impact throwing some sort of liquid all over his front. Chanyeol's big eyes stare down at him, and Kyungsoo wants to say something intelligent. He really does. But then he feels the wetness seeping through his shirt and onto the bare skin of his chest, and it burns like a motherer, the hot coffee ing scalding his poor, sensitive .

Kyungsoo screams instead. 


 

 

 

This isn't the first time Kyungsoo has tried wooing Chanyeol. Baekhyun would argue that in reality he'd been pining away for eighteen miserable months, with probably just as many failed attempts at attempting to ask Chanyeol out.

Kyungsoo thinks that in his defense, it is difficult, this whole business of falling in love.

It's almost as if he'd regressed slowly in terms of intelligence. Kyungsoo has documented his decline well enough to reckon that he's earned a double degree with psychology now, spent sleepless nights berating himself for falling into this kind of funk.

You see, it happens in stages.

At first, everything was fine. After instrumentals Chanyeol had made a beeline straight towards Kyungsoo, grinning maniacally the whole way through. "You're that guy from the fresher's party."

Kyungsoo nodded. He smiled a little, lips forming a heart-shaped hoop. "I thought I've seen you somewhere before too."

"The name's Chanyeol." He shrugged, guitar case bobbing up and down with his shoulders. "I think I told you that already, but... just so you know." He held a hand up when Kyungsoo opened his mouth to speak. "No need to tell me. You're Kyungsoo, am I right?"

If Kyungsoo were to write a thesis on his predicament, he would have referred to this point of time as onset of condition, and Chanyeol's teeth flashing under the glaring fluorescent lights of the lecture hall as primary causative factor.

This is when he began experiencing symptoms.

His speech capabilities were the first to go. Whenever Chanyeol's around Kyungsoo relapses into the psychobabble of a five-year old, words running into each other in a mumbled jumble, with ums and ahs thrown in after every other syllable. He has also started to tweedle with his fingers again. It's even worse because he thinks it's only for the lack of a frilly skirt to play around with. The er makes him feel like such a giddy schoolgirl, for god's sakes.

Then it was his motor functions that failed him. One minute he's okay, then the next Chanyeol would be holding the door open for a bunch of giggly girls like the gentleman that he is, and Kyungsoo's bones would melt into a puddle of goo at the sight. He'd stand there shaking like a toddler just beginning to walk, promptly finding itself a seat so that it wouldn't end up on the floor instead. It wouldn't be until the class has ended and Chanyeol along with his stupid everything had disappeared that Kyungsoo would feel stable enough to wobble out.

But alas, the cherry on top of this lovesick pie is the gradual loss of his brain cells, apparently.

How else could he explain why he had since then agreed to anything that comes out of Baekhyun's mouth, and in startling increments at that? 


 

 

 

", Soo, I'm so sorry—"

Chanyeol panics as he tries to wipe coffee off Kyungsoo's shirt.

It's not exactly helping matters. The handkerchief he's using only spreads the stain around more. Plus, the feeling has returned to Kyungsoo's previously numb , and having Chanyeol aggressively rubbing at it through his shirt is not helping matters.

"Hey," Kyungsoo interrupts the guy's mini mental breakdown, grasping Chanyeol's wrist to make him stop so that Kyungsoo won't spring a right there and then. "It's okay. It's just coffee, it's no big deal." He ends it with a smile, and is Park Chanyeol blushing?

"No it's not. That must be your favourite shirt or something," Chanyeol rambles on. He is still trying to get at Kyungsoo's , the er. "You wear it so much."

Kyungsoo blinks the fact that Chanyeol notices these things about him out of the way.

"Please let me make it up to you."

"Okay," Kyungsoo concedes. "How about we go to the laundromat?"

Chanyeol nods eagerly. "Alright. Then I'll buy you coffee?"

Kyungsoo blinks rapidly again, a bit confused. But he agrees anyway. "Only if you'll let me buy the cake."

The other guy grins widely, lacing his fingers into Kyungsoo's delicate ones. "There's a laundromat near the drama building's cafe. Let's go."

Well, this is going very nicely, Kyungsoo thinks as they make their way there. He gives himself a mental pat on the back as he pats the walkie in his pocket fondly. Baek will be so proud. 


 

 

 

Baekhyun has always been just a little bit crazy. Kyungsoo had figured out as much the first time they met in middle school. How could he not? The guy was parading around in flowery ajumma pants. Kyungsoo would later find out that he'd been playing dress-up for a whole month, despite the whipping he had gotten in the ten times over.

If he was questioned on how he and Baekhyun came to be so close despite being complete polar opposites, Kyungsoo wouldn't know what the answer would be either. One day they were complete strangers, and the next Baekhyun was hanging all over him, Kyungsoo just standing there with Baekhyun's arm around his waist trying to look as if he wasn't ecstatic that the most popular boy in school thinks he's cool.

Kyungsoo supposes that, if he were to have a jab at unraveling the mystery that is their friendship, he would pin the reason down on Baekhyun's inclusiveness. It was how he had just latched onto a terrified new-kid Kyungsoo, and made him an important part of his big circle of friends within a single day.

But then again, this also entailed Baekhyun including Kyungsoo in all his off-kilter plans. The fact that Kyungsoo becomes putty in the boy's puppy paws, too, is a factor as to why Baekhyun always wins no matter how much protest is put in at the beginning.

The most accurate title of the subtopic in his imaginary thesis to be dedicated to his best friend would thus be something along the lines of enabler. Maybe perpetrator is more appropriate though, since he pretty much aggravated the severity of Kyungsoo's effect and consequence.

A first instance of an episode Baekhyun had instigated was when he'd persuaded Kyungsoo to hide himself inside Chanyeol's private music department locker overnight wearing nothing but, oh gods, a cello case cut out to accommodate his head and limbs.

"Gotta surprise him with what he likes best," Baekhyun said over dinner the night before Kyungsoo lost all good judgment. "And that's instruments, correct?"

"Don't think he plays cello, though," Jongdae interjected after a stunned silence around the table. "Ah," he nodded after Baekhyun threw him a pointed look. "That's right. Kyungsoo is tiny but, yeah, even he wouldn't fit into a guitar case. I wonder if Sunyoung would agree to something like thi—"

"And then," Jongin interrupts with a mouthful of bulgogi, "when he comes and finds you there you could say, would you like to play me? or something."

Kyungsoo nearly upchucked his food, both from the shock of the comment and because Baekhyun started to literally maul his boyfriend and didn't have the grace to warn everyone else before he went in for the kill. "Jesus Baek, what have you done to our sweet, innocent Jongin," Kyungsoo shrieked.

"Evidently quite a lot of things," Jongdae said nonchalantly, observing the ruckus in front of him with something akin to disinterest. He didn't even blink an eye when Baekhyun pulled back panting, only to proceed again by sticking his tongue so far down Jongin's mouth it looked like he was trying to go for the esophagus. "That's some talent, alright," he concluded, going back to his bowl of rice.

Snapping his chopsticks at his friends to put an end to this indecency, Kyungsoo vowed that he would never be persuaded into committing to such an atrocious plan, I am not that desperate!

"So why am I here?" Kyungsoo lamented later as he stood there in the dark, musty locker waiting for Chanyeol to come by. "Oh why, do I put up with those people?"

It was freezing. He was in the cello case, bought for several thousand won from the lost and found, nothing but a thin singlet and weird boxers underneath (Baekhyun had wanted him to go full commando, but nope).

Nonetheless, he had waited for a good six hours before he hears any sort of movement coming from outside. He almost wet his pants when he did anyway.

Dear gods, all of you, he prayed to all divine beings of the universe. Make this work, please.

The door creaked open, and Kyungsoo jumped into action. "Chanyeol, do you want to play—"

A hand clamped over his mouth before he could shout any more. "Why are you so loud?"

Kyungsoo looked up at the intruder in confusion. "Jfongmdaem?" he mumbled, muffled through his friend's fingers.

Jongdae nodded, slowly letting Kyungsoo go. "Baek sent me here. He's caught up with his theatre practice." He smirked when he saw the kind of get-up the other is in. "Damn, who made this for you?" He poked through the hole from which Kyungsoo's head jutted out, handed some proper clothes over to the half- guy. "That's some good work."

"Jongin sort of helped," Kyungsoo answered, then realized that there were more important questions at hand. "Wait," he asked as he tried to himself out. "Why did Baek make you come get me?"

"He heard from someone in his department that Chanyeol went home this weekend. So he won't be coming around to play your prince charming." Jongdae checked his watch. "It's almost two, gods. Baek told me you've been here since after dinner." He punched one of Kyungsoo's bare arms gently. "You really do like this dude."

Kyungsoo blushed a pretty red, but shrugged an agreement anyway. There was no use denying it.

"Then I wish you all the best," Jongdae said, smiling earnestly. It turned into a grimace, however, when Kyungsoo finally succeeded in uncovering himself. "Jesus, are those Baek's transparent boxers?" 


 

 

 

The washing machine is loud when it revs into life in the empty laundromat. It makes a sort of choke-and-throttle sound as it begins its cycle, and Kyungsoo gets worried for a second that it'll regurgitate his dirty clothes when the choking turns into full-on wretching.

It's sort of how he's feeling now.

He's half undressed, shirt and pants dry-cleaning away, wearing only Chanyeol's jacket to cover himself. It's kind of excessively awkward. Chanyeol is trying hard not to look at him. Kyungsoo is trying very hard to cover his still very red and everywhere else.

"So," Chanyeol breaks the silence first. "How come I don't see you around the instrumentals studios anymore?"

"Eh?" Kyungsoo returns, body still only half-turned to face the other.

"You know.... you've been AWOL since last semester ended."

"Ah. That."

Truthfully, eventhough he's never been more interested in picking up an instrument since he'd started college, he had to avoid guitar and piano and drums classes because goddammit why the does Park Chanyeol play so many instruments? In the end there was only accordion left. Not in a million years is Kyungsoo touching that.

So he has his reasons. They're valid too, he tells himself. Plus there's also that whole fiasco I'd rather not talk about thank you very much

"Is this because of that final compositions assignment we did together?"

Dammit. "Well," Kyungsoo clears his throat, trying to cover the flush creeping up his neck, "after that disaster I thought I'd best stay out of there. And out of your way." He glances at Chanyeol with what he hopes is an expression full of remorse. "I'm sorry. I must have ed up your grades too."

Chanyeol waves his hands around, chuckling. "It's alright. What good are grades when you're majoring in music anyway? I actually thought what you did was.... sweet."

"...eh?"

"I wanted to say that.... despite how—" Chanyeol fumbles with the strap of his guitar case as he tries to search for the right words, "...chaotic our partnership for that class had been, I really did enjoy working with you."

Kyungsoo's eyes grow twice their size.

"You just ran away afterwards and I never got to tell you that I would... like to spend even more time with you."

He blinks once, then twice. And he wants to say likewise or something which would make him not look like he has the IQ of a monkey, he really does. But—

"Eh?"

Eloquent one, that Do Kyungsoo. 


 

 

 

"Baekhyuuuuuuunnnnnnnn, Kyungsoo groaned as soon as he slammed his way into their room.

"Yes, can I help you," Baekhyun said, dislodging himself from a needy Jongin. "Did Chanyeol happen again?"

Kyungsoo let another guttural moan out before his face hit his pillow. "Damn guy sang over Bing Crosby today in comp. Put his own words over White Christmas and uuuughhhhhhhh," he wailed into the fabric. "It was torture. He's trying to kill me."

"Umm, let's see," Baekhyun drawled, ignoring Jongin being all clingy to draw Baekhyun's attention back to him. "What have we not tried yet?"

"No!" Kyungsoo bellowed, lifting his head off the pillow for a second. "We already went through the cello case and the leaving anonymous love lyrics in his guitar case and the making him lunchboxes. I am not letting you talk me into doing anything else."

"You know," Jongin spoke up, temporarily detaching his teeth from where they were nipping at Baekhyun's ear. "You haven't actually tried to straight out ask him for a date yet—"

Baekhyun dug his finger into the hollow dimple of his boyfriend's cheek to shut him up. He muttered something into his ear, so low Kyungsoo could barely hear, but he thought he heard a baby don't ruin my funtimes.

In a normal situation, Kyungsoo would have dragged Baekhyun off Jongin and into a headlock within seconds. But that particular day had been especially perplexing, and he was in no mood for violence. Because—

"Today we were paired up for projects," Kyungsoo mumbled quietly. "We each have to compose a song and combine them into one cohesive thing. And—" his voice slowly rising up into a high-pitched whine, "I got Chanyeol."

Oooh lucky you, Jongin whooped as expected. Kyungsoo had anticipated the same reaction from Baekhyun, but on the contrary; his best friend was uncharacteristically quiet. That was even worse. Kyungsoo could feel something ominous crawling up his spine.

"What is the assignment about, exactly? What is the context?"

Kyungsoo sighed heavily. "Chanyeol said ours should revolve around new beginnings. Like new relationships or something."

"I have an idea," Baekhyun said, face positively lighting up. "You're gonna love it," he asserted. His grin grew even more in width, either out of a sudden insurgence of a brilliant idea or horrible mischief, Kyungsoo wouldn't know.

But it did scare the bejeebus out of him. 


 

 

 

"What I'm saying is... would you like to go out on a date with me?"

 

 

"....eh?" 

 

 


 

 

 

He had broken out in cold sweat already, and he was still out in the cold late early winter weather, hesitant to enter the lecture hall of doom in front of him.

Kyungsoo woke up hyperventilating that morning. The last day of classes before revision break meant that the much-dreaded compositions presentation was upon them.

It was the day. Where he would hijack his and Chanyeol's performance slot with what would be an ode to all the weird things about the guy that he loves.

Baekhyun had stayed up late last night with Kyungsoo to finalize the words. When it was done Kyungsoo had thought that it was the worst thing he's ever read.

"You can't be serious, Baek," Jongdae questioned, holding up the sheet of lyrics. He looked at Kyungsoo, the one who was supposed to be enthusiastic about singing them out, but who was then smothering his face into a bunch of crumpled paper, praying aloud that he wouldn't be alive tomorrow to do it. "Whether this works or not it'd be image suicide for him."

"But see," Baekhyun said, the blunt tip of a pencil between his teeth, "what was wrong with our previous plans was that Chanyeol never knew Soo's feelings, did he? I mean, he didn't even get to see Soo in all his cello case glory." He carded a hand through Kyungsoo's hair as he spoke, trying to calm the guy down.

"I don't get why he couldn't just, I don't know, maybe actually confess—"

"Shut up Jongdae," Baekhyun warned under his breath, then continued as if nothing constructive had been said. "The lunchboxes had been nondescript too." When Kyungsoo still refused to emerge from pit of self-pity, Baekhyun snapped, poking his sides in with the pencil. "Didn't I tell you to make his head or something out of the rice and seaweed? You never listen to me. This is why you have yet to be granted access to the heavenly gardens of Chanyeol Park."

Kyungsoo just wailed some more.

Standing in front of the door now, he took a deep breath, psyching himself up before stepping in. He ran the lyrics through his head again. Bad idea. They are a jumble of very bad pick-up lines and spelling out Chanyeol's name in the cheesiest manner possible, something a casanova satan reincarnate named Byun Baekhyun alone could concoct. It only strengthened Kyungsoo's resolve to bail all the more.

"Soo," a deep voice suddenly came from behind. Kyungsoo spun around to see Chanyeol there, looking down at him with a soft smile. "Ready for our show today?"

And it truly is great, what being stupidly in love does to a person. Kyungsoo was smiling back instantly as if in reflex, blushing a little when Chanyeol slung an arm around his shoulders. "The question is," he said, confidence emerging out of nowhere. "Are you ready?"

Because Chanyeol really couldn't have known what would hit him until it did. 


 

 

 

"Would you go out with me, I mean? This weekend or something?"

Kyungsoo's mind is still cloaked in a hazy fog, but he manages a you serious?

Chanyeol rubs at his own bare arms. Kyungsoo could see the goosebumps dotting his skin underneath the lights. "Yeah, of course I am. Haven't you realized I've been pretty much trying to.... woo you all semester long?"

"You have?" Kyungsoo is genuinely confused. He certainly has not noticed anything of the sort.

"Yeah," Chanyeol reaffirms. "Did you not hear my song on the university radio a couple of months ago?"

"Of course I did." Kyungsoo says, trying to be nonchalant. In actuality when he'd learned that Chanyeol would be the guest that week he had circled the date on his calendar and, gasp, even drawn little hearts around it. But that's not the concern right now. "You were great—"

"Thanks but did you get that I was dedicating the song to you?"

"What?"

"Yeah. I said 'dedicated to my special little friend' before I started. And the lyrics pretty much are you."

Kyungsoo pretends to think very hard to remember them, as if he hasn't memorized them and sing along to the song every night before he goes to bed. He recalls 'big eyes' and 'nice lips' and 'pretty face' and 'y voice' and 'small cute body', but—

Good god.

"I thought you were talking about a girl," Kyungsoo mumbles, slightly mortified that that's the best way Chanyeol could have him romanticized in. "Don't you think it's kind of vague?"

Chanyeol shrugs, moving closer to Kyungsoo on the stainless stell bench. "Bae—" he pauses, shakes his head, "I mean, someone told me to put in more... descriptive terms. Sort of like yours in comp last time," he says, not noticing Kyungsoo's face combusting with the force of a thousand suns. "But I chickened out last minute." Chanyeol fidgets with a stray thread poking out of his jeans then, looking nervous and adorable as all hell, bottom lip trapped under his teeth.

Kyungsoo gulps. It looks so juicy? "Oh yeah?" He mutters, unconsciously inching nearer to the other too.

"Yeah," Chanyeol says, voice low when he sees glimpses of Kyungsoo's body under his flimsy jacket. "I sent you flowers on Valentine's Day," he whispers in a daze. "Might have chickened out on the words on the card too. Was told to make it a lot more... special."

Who the hell has he been talking to, Kyungsoo thinks for a second. But then Chanyeol's just staring at him everywhere, not even bothering to mask the fact that he's looking at Kyungsoo's swollen anymore. A it takes over instead, Kyungsoo all but climbing onto Chanyeol's warm lap before he's pulling him in for a kiss.

And it is right because goddammit it's so amazing. It's not just because, dear lord, Chanyeol's lips are indeed juicy, but everything's incredibly hot, and his tongue sears the sensitive skin on the edges of Kyungsoo's lips when he there, burns the roof of Kyungsoo's mouth once it has found its way in.

There's also the fact that Kyungsoo's in a terrible state of undress. The warmth permeating through Chanyeol's shirt radiates into his skin, the heat of Chanyeol's groin through the denim so palpable it's almost a magnet, and Kyungsoo could only grind down because he couldn't help it.

"Take your shirt off," he pants into Chanyeol's equally breathy mouth. Kyungsoo retreats to toss the jacket away as Chanyeol does the same with his Coldplay tee, continuously bouncing his on the guy's .

Chanyeol groans, couldn't even discard his pants properly before he pushes Kyungsoo down, desperate for more. But then again, even in his lust he'd been gentlemanly enough to wrap his arms around the smaller guy so that his back wouldn't make contact with the cold steel, and Kyungsoo's heart starts skipping like a ing Duracell bunny.

There's no way he couldn't realize it now, how much Chanyeol wants him too. It's not just the obvious straining through his jeans. It's the way he smiles a little through all of their kisses, and how every time he surfaces up for air after leaving bruises on Kyungsoo's skin he looks a little more in awe at how this is really happening.

They're so lost in each other that Kyungsoo almost missed it: that familiar static sound of a walkie.

"Do you hear that?" He asked, eventhough by the way Chanyeol's trying to get at his mouth again he could tell he isn't listening. "That sound?" Did I not turn mine off, Kyungsoo wonders to himself. Then suddenly—

"Yeol," Baekhyun's voice slips through the hissing noise. "Is the Owl down?" It shuts up for a while, then comes back on. "I repeat, have you taken the Owl down?" Kyungsoo hears Jongdae yelling and onto your into the walkie before it crackles and turns off again.

And Kyungsoo screams bloody murder for the second time in a day like the manly man that he is. 


 

 

 

"So that's how this happened," Baekhyun explains. "We thought it would be faster if Yeol here did the asking out, but noooo," he sighs. "If anything he's even worse than you."

Jongdae eagerly nods his assent. "After he failed with the flowers Baek had half a mind of sending Chanyeol in to surprise you in that horrendous transparent jumpsuit he bought for god knows what." He shudders at the mental image. "That's how much we just wanted you guys to get it on."

"Yup," Baekhyun agrees, popping the p obnoxiously. "But what do you mean, god knows what, Jongdae?" He says, eyebrows wiggling around his face even more obnoxiously. "We all know what the suit's for."

Jongin blushes an unattractive shade of a beetroot as he stands there next to his smug boyfriend.

"Anyway," Kyungsoo intervenes, "this was very cruel of you two."

"Oh please," Jongdae snipes in. "If we hadn't walkied in when we did I don't even want to think about which other pieces of clothing you two would have dirtied in what is, ironically, a laundromat." He snaps his head around to look at Chanyeol. "Am I right?"

"Huh," the guy says, too busy staring at Kyungsoo's collarbones to have caught the gist of the conversation.

Kyungsoo sits there in the middle, engulfed in the Coldplay shirt and everybody's jackets, an overkill to compensate for his lack of modesty a few moments ago. He has a pair of sweatpants on that he'd swiped from someone else's laundry basket too because goddammit, why the hell is the dryer taking so long? He ignores Chanyeol's blatant leering, makes sure to roll his eyes extra hard and send his most murderous glares at these terrible people he has the misfortune of calling friends.

He's about to give everyone a piece of his mind when Baekhyun latches onto him, chin propped on one clavicle, arms wrapped tight around his chest. "Soo," he murmurs, wiggling his damn into the bench. "Don't be mad. We just want you to be happy."

Just as he was about to shove a hand into Baekhyun's face, Kyungsoo makes the mistake of actually looking at him. If he had thought before that he is definitely not going to succumb any longer to that stupid pout and the stupid (stupid stupid) way those eyes droop whenever he wants something, today has certainly proved him wrong.

Why is all this scheming a bad thing, anyway? Kyungsoo tells himself, a smile already threatening to cut through the frown he has been wearing. It got me the boy, didn't it? "Oh alright," he surrenders.

"What the—" Chanyeol starts when Baekhyun squeals and enthusiastically glomps down on Kyungsoo. "Did I miss something? What is happening?"

He feels a pat on his shoulder. "I know dude," Jongdae says, tone in commiseration. "It was weird for me at first too. But you'll get used to it." His face scrunches up in disgust when Baekhyun ing nuzzles into the crook of Kyungsoo's neck, legs clamped around the guy's slim waist. Kyungsoo has his mouth twitching to no end as he tries to stop himself from being too transparent with how much he loves basking under Baekhyun's attention. "Or maybe you won't. But that's how those two work." Jongdae's face breaks out into a -eating grin. "Lucky for me I'm not dating either one of them, huh?"

Jongin chooses that moment to sidle up to Chanyeol too, hand stretched out for a shake. "Welcome to the club." 


 

 

 

"What kind of shenanigans did they try to get you into, anyway?" Kyungsoo questions Chanyeol on a movie night at the dorm. In actuality he's not addressing his boyfriend in particular, but rather his friends sprawled all around the bunks as well. "What were you initially supposed to you say in that song you wrote me, hmm?"

Chanyeol lets out an awkward laugh, trying to fend off his reply. "Well, it was somewhat in the same vein as—"

"Kind of a lot like those pick-up lines I wrote for you for your Yeol song in comp—"

"They are magnificent. What else do you expect from -hyun," Jongin cuts in.

Baekhyun blinks rapidly up at the boy from his refuge on Jongin's shoulder. "Did you make that up yourself?"

"Yup." Jongin pops his p.

Jongdae saves the day by throwing himself in between the two lest they start dry-humping and scare away their new addition. "Anyway, he says loudly, "I have to say that they are quite ingenious plays on your name."

"Yeah," Baekhyun agrees, still eye-ing Jongin from his end of the bed. "It's, you know, anagrams and such, like—"

"—wait wait I don't want to know—"

"'I may be small in stature but I will be an SK god on you—"

"I'm warning you—"

"—or 'why do anybody else when you can Do Kyungsoo'—"

"One more word and I'll shove this remote up your sorry , Baek—"

"—but my personal favourite is 'can't spell without DKS'—"

"Shut up you motherfu—" 

 

 

 


Teehee

feel like this is more baeksoo than chansoo but

i am a baekstan soooooo