Going Home

Offline Dating

Waning: Has not been beta'd or edited.

 

 

 

After his catwalk, Wu Yifan meets with reporters at the end of the red carpet, ready for a quick question and answer session before he heads on to his next shooting location.

 

He hadn’t expected the reporters to refrain from asking him questions about Song Qian (or Victoria, as the public knew her), but he wasn’t really prepared for what they are about to say.

 

“A couple of days ago, Victoria Song was caught walking the streets in Japan intimately with an unknown male,” one of the reporters exclaim. “Were you aware of this?”

 

Wu Yifan swallows his breath, his eyebrows slightly furrowed for less than a second before he smoothens out his expression and displays a professional smile. “Victoria and I are simply friends, so I’m not very much aware of the people she socializes with.”

 

A simple reply. A very official and scripted answer.

 

“Do people who are ‘simply friends’ usually live together?” The reporter presses.

 

Everyone pauses, flashes on cameras slowly lessening as the air around them thickens. Jaws are dropped and arms holding microphones and cameras lower from around him.

 

Caught off guard, his heart almost stops beating but he quickly gathers himself together. “Live together?” He repeats after the reporter. “There must be some kind of misunderstanding.”

 

“Some people saw you entering Miss Song’s complex building late into the night and leave early in the morning of the next day,” the reporter continues, “on multiple occasions.”

 

“Which complex would that be?” Wu Yifan asks tactfully.

 

The reporter names the building and Wu Yifan smiles. “I know many people who live there, let alone that area; it’s the busiest part of town and I’m often working around there.”

 

“And?” The reporter raises an eyebrow.

 

“Were they certain the complex I entered was Victoria’s?” Yifan asks with confidence and arrogance radiating from his smile.

 

His manager immediately interrupts the questioning and explains that Wu Yifan indeed has a lot of friends living in that area and that Wu Yifan must have been caught while visiting a friend living in the same complex as Victoria.

 

“No matter what,” his manager continues, “We are glad the misunderstandings have been cleared as of this moment because it would make not only Yifan but our company as a whole feel horribly apologetic to inconvenience Victoria with this matter.”

 

So, the topic is dismissed and buried under mounds of other questions following after.

 

However, there is a hint of mischievous dancing between Yifan’s eyes as he’s walking off the red carpet and heading towards their minivan.

 

“It will probably be a good idea to stay away from Victoria for a while,” his manager suggests when the car door slides close.

 

Wu Yifan scoffs, leaning back against the seat and closing his eyes. “On what grounds, exactly?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Choi Siwon is not much of a cook; he never has been much of a cook, to be honest. So, when Siwon asks Song Qian what her favorite homemade dish is, she finds it a little odd.

 

“Why?” She asks over the computer microphone, temporarily tearing her eyes away from sheets and sheets of panel designs and brainstorming on her desk to look at Siwon on the screen.

 

He shrugs. “I was just curious.”

 

“Are you going to make it for me the next time I’m in town?” She laughs.

 

Siwon clears his throat. “Maybe.”

 

Her expression straightens out. “Seriously?”

 

“Depending on how hard it is,” he answers.

 

“If I name something easy, then it’s as if I doubt your cooking skills,” Song Qian teases.

 

Siwon shakes his head. “I’m only a beginner, so be easy on me.”

 

She stops her work at hand altogether and props her elbows on the surface of her desk, resting her chin the back of her hands as she stares amusingly into the camera sitting atop her monitor. “Why are you learning how to cook?”

 

“Why shouldn’t I? A man should know how to cook for himself and his family, right?” He asks in turn.

 

“If you find a girlfriend that knows how to cook, then you won’t have to worry about that,” Song Qian jokes.

 

And Song Qian can’t be sure how she should take it, but when Siwon replies, “But I remember you were a terrible cook back in school, so, I guess I have to take up that responsibility,” she feels her heart flutter and her cheeks warming out of her control.

 

Luckily, it’s dim in her office and the camera’s quality isn’t so great that it can catch the redness of her skin. “People change,” she retorts, “I consider myself a decent cook nowadays.”

 

“Really?” He says with his ears perked. “I’ll need to try your cooking sometime then and see if I need to reconsider.”

 

Song Qian feels her cheeks reddening deeper. Why does everything he says sound so ambiguous to her recently? “Hey, are you—”

 

Before she finishes, a nurse pages him, informing him that his next patient has arrived and is ready for examination.

 

Siwon picks up his walkie from his desk and mutters a quick “I’ll be right there”, before he looks at the camera and says he needs to go.

 

“I’ll call you later tonight,” he adds before he smiles at her and closes their conversation window. Song Qian doesn’t even get to say goodbye and he’s already out of sight.

 

Why does she feel like there is something… weird about their relationship?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Siwon is passing by the lounge in the hospital when he comes across a magazine sitting on a small coffee table.

 

Model Wu Yifan denies long running relationship with editor of widely known fashion magazine, Victoria.

 

His eyebrows unconsciously knit together and he bites on his cheek, picking up the magazine and looking it over briefly. A nurse approaches him with a small smile, asking, “Since when were you into entertainment gossip, Dr. Choi?”

 

Siwon musters up a small smile in return, but doesn’t reply.

 

“He’s so good looking!” She fawns, crossing her arms over her chest. “No one will believe that there’s nothing between them. Their scandals have been passed around for at least a year now!”

 

She doesn’t notice his frown growing a little heavier with each word.

 

“Celebrities are all like that; they deny everything at first and then suddenly come out with a shotgun wedding or pregnancy. We’ll see how long it takes for them to come out clean,” she laughs.

 

Clearing his throat, Siwon takes one last good look at the photo of Wu Yifan on the cover of the magazine before he excuses himself and sets the magazine down, heading back towards his room.

 

Wu Yifan is indeed very good looking. He looks like something that walked straight out of a drawing; a little mysterious, a little dark, a lot intriguing and probably especially so to women. His features are all very sharp, but look so smooth when brought together on the smooth canvas of his face.

 

It wouldn’t surprise Siwon if Song Qian dated a man like Wu Yifan.

 

Yet, if they were truly dating, why would Song Qian refuse to speak about it?

 

Siwon can understand the reason why Wu Yifan denies their relationship to the public, but Siwon and Song Qian are old time buddies and he’s pretty certain she holds a considerable amount of trust for him—after all, Siwon has always been the reliable and trustworthy type.

 

The more he thinks about it, the more it disturbs him.

 

He pulls his cell phone out of his back pant pocket and opens up a new text message with Song Qian. “What’s your relationship with Wu Yifan?” He manages to type out, but then his finger hovers over the send button for what seems like an eternity before he scowls and deletes it all.

 

In the end, he sends over a simple line of, [When will you be in town next?]

 

It takes a little while before she replies, [Another week or so, maybe. Why?]

 

[Just curious,] Siwon replies. [Let’s meet up?]

 

It takes her a few minutes again. [Is something wrong?]

 

[I just want to see you,] he answers honestly. [It feels like it’s been a while since we last saw each other.]

 

Except, they only just spoke through webcam the other day, she thinks. [Are you sure you’re alright?]

 

Siwon takes a deep breath, opening his contact list and selecting her name. The line rings for a few times before she answers with a hesitant and imploring tone in her voice. “Siwon?”

 

“Let’s try,” he says without greeting her first.

 

“…huh?”

 

He gathers up all of his courage and presses the phone against his ear. Slowly, he repeats himself. “Song Qian, we’ve known each other for nearly half our lives and we’ve stayed in contact on and off over this course of time; we’ve both gone through a lot, whether alone or together, but I want to stand beside you from now on.”

 

Song Qian remains speechless, entirely frozen at his sudden confession.

 

“Song Qian, let’s try,” he concludes. “I really want you to consider entering a more serious type of relationship with me.”

 

-----

 

A/N: f(x)'s episode on Ultimate Group soon! :3 Can't wait to see the girls~ I miss Victoria so much lately T_T ♥Xue