Chapter 01

Never Meant To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04:15 AM


She had already took her shower, ate her food and had just opened the door and stepped outside her house. MiYu stood there under the door's frame taking in the chills of the early hours of that winter day.


It was still so dark out there and only few people were around, some of theme were taking seats in the front park, chatting lightly while waiting for the morning bus, and some of theme were walking around or visiting stores. A cold breeze blew and she hugged her coat tightly around her body to get some warmth, she wasn't a rich girl at all in fact, she was poor. She always wants to wear those luxurious cardigans or hold those stylish bags while walking down the streets like girls her age usually do, but all her work and her father's afforded her is a pair of blue jeans and some baggy over-sized shirts matched with some dirty sneakers.


She raised her big,brown eyes to look up the sky, it was so couldy and the moon looked so dim behind the thick clouds, a soft sigh escaped her lips as she turned around to grab her umbrella, she averted her eyes to the sight of her father sleeping, he seemed so tired and sick. With a deep breath, she headed to the bus station after locking the door behind.That was all she could do for him.


It was 04:45 AM when she finally reached the bus stop and luckily for her, the grand vehicle just arrived and she took some fast small steps before she got in. She had to take the bus to the very last station and then she had to walk all the way to the farm. It was her first day working there and she wasn't excited to go there because there will be horses and only horses waiting for her to take care of them, let alone late.
Actually, she had a phobia of horses, she was scared of them, it wasn't like she hates animals or anything but she had a dark past with horses. It all started when she was ten, her father had to take her to the farm with him since he had nowhere for her to stay at, her mother died few years ago due lungs canser and her grandmother got hospitalized two days ago and she wasn't coming out any time soon, her father had no choice because he couldn't leave her home alone. He asked her to stay by his side and never leave his sight, but being the curious child she was, she decided to ride a cute little pony she saw across the stable in the open riding area but she ended up with a five injured ribs and a broken left arm, she could have died if her father didn't come in time by then.


One hour and half passed and she was finally in the last station, once she stepped out she noticed that the farm was farther than she thought. All what her eyes could sighten were vast, green hills and it seemed like the whole farm was on one of them, and she liked the sight of it.


She finally reached by 06:55 AM, nope she wasn't late and she actually was five minutes earlier, she stood infront of the big gate infront of her and read:
" Dark Horse -Farm- "
and then an old man in his 50s jogged to open the gate for her, he appologised for making her wait but she reassured him that it was fine and his small eyes suddenly widened and he pointed at her face then exclaimed "You must be Seon MiYu right? Seon Jangwol's daughter?!"
"Yeah that's me, nice to meet you" she smiled and politly said then did a formal bow
"Aigoo you've grown up to be a pretty lady~ Do you remember me? Kang Sungwook? I'm your father's friend, we've been working here together for so long!" He asked.
"I .. Don't .. remember, sorry" She guiltily replied while rubbing the back of her neck and smiling nervously, her eyes gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter