Last memories

Left Behind

It's already the last day of middle school, already more than a year after Jimin and Taehyung's friendship was born. These months were too short for them, they didn't get to have enough fun together this whole time…

They already graduated this day, so it's the end of the day, the sunset. The two bestfriends are together, in a park nearby the school, not their school anymore, still in their uniforms.

“Hyung… I'm going to miss you…” Taehyung says softly.

“I'll miss you too, Taehyung…” Jimin nods lightly. Taehyung sighs, thinking about all the great memories they had together… Everything was amazing between them… But suddenly.

“Hey, TaeTae and Jimin.” They turn their head to see Jungkook walking to them, waving, with another boy. “Long time no see.” He grins.

“Jungkook, we saw each others earlier…” Taehyung rolls his eyes. Then, he looks at the other boy, who's wearing glasses, like a nerd. “Hi, Jiwon.” And he shows him his hand to shake.

Jiwon shakes it with a smile. “Hi, Taehyung.”

But Jimin is lost. He's staring at Jiwon, asking himself if he knows him, but no. “Oh, Jimin, hum… Well, this guy is a friend of mine. He's Kim Jiwon.” Taehyung tells Jimin, then he turns to look at Jiwon. “Jiwon, this boy is my… bestfriend, Park Jimin.”

'Why did he hesitate to tell him that I'm his bestfriend?…'

Jiwon looks at Jimin through his glasses, and Jimin looks at him back. There is nothing showing Jimin that Jiwon is glad to meet him in his eyes, but he manages to force a smile anyway. “Nice to meet you, Jimin.” Jimin nods, telling him that he is happy to meet him as well.

Jungkook puts his arm around Jiwon's shoulders. “Well… This guy is my bestfriend.” Jiwon approves. Taehyung doesn't get angry about that, he doesn't get jealous, he smiles at them. “And before… you, Taehyung, were my bestfriend.” Taehyung doesn't say anything, so Jungkook sighs and releases Jiwon. “Taehyung… We need to talk.” Then the two of them walk away, leaving Jimin and Jiwon together.

Jiwon looks at Jimin, again, with a poker face. It looks a bit scary, according to the young boy. “Jimin, I have something to tell you…” Jimin raises his eyebrows, without saying a word. “About… Taehyung.” He starts having goosebumps about what this Jiwon is going to tell him about his bestfriend. “When we still hung out together, last year, we were really close. But when… when Taehyung got interested by you in this library, according to Jungkook, he wanted to stop hanging out with all of us…” Jimin is speechless even though he already knew about that. “So… almost all of us stopped hanging out with each others as well…” He couldn't believe that because of Taehyung, a whole friendship had been broken… Well, their fault as well, because it means that they were friends only because of Taehyung. “That's the reason why Jungkook is my bestfriend now.” Jiwon shrugs, looking at Jungkook and Taehyung arguing over something they can't hear.

Jimin looks down. “Sorry…” That's all he could say.

Jiwon smiles a bit. “Don't say that, it's not your fault.”

“But if he never got interested by me, it would never happen…”

Jiwon shakes his head and puts his hands on his shoulders. “No, don't say that. It's okay, everything is okay.” Jimin looks at him, and smiles.

Then, Taehyung and Jungkook come back. “Well… Hum, we need to go.” He takes Jiwon's hand and starts walking away with him. He waves at Jimin and Taehyung. “Bye!” Jiwon waves as well. And they leave.

Jimin turns to look at Taehyung. “What did he tell you…?”

“Hmm… Not much. Really.” Jimin raises an eyebrow. “He told me I was disappointing him, that I broke our friendship like a bastard, and he was in love with me, so me telling him that I didn't want to stay with him anymore because of you pissed him like hell.” Jimin lowers his head. He feels guilty because of all of that. Suddenly, his bestfriend hugs him. “Yah, Park Jimin, don't feel guilty because of this bull. It's not your fault at all, it's mine.” Jimin hugs him back. “Anyway, Jungkook told me that he's going to move away, and Jiwon too. It means we won't get to see them anymore…” Then Taehyung releases him. Jimin is looking at him with an innocent look, puppy eyes. Why? Even Jimin doesn't know. “Jimin… I… I will move away too…” Jimin widens his eyes, feeling like his world was falling into million pieces. Taehyung is going to leave him…

'No way… Taehyung… You can't do that to me…'

“…Jimin? Are you okay?”

Jimin shakes his head, and shows him a little smile. “Yes, don't worry about me…”

“But I'm going to leave you…”

Jimin looks down. “I know but… where are you going to live…?”

Taehyung remains silent for a moment. “I… I don't know…” Jimin looks at him, a bit shocked, but doesn't say anything. “My parents didn't tell me yet…” No reaction from Jimin. “I'm sorry, Jiminie… I will tell you when they'll tell me, I promise…”

“H- How?”

“I will come to your home.”

“But, what if you never come?”

“Don't say that. Everything will be fine. I'll come.”

Jimin looks at him and smiles. “Okay. I trust you.” Taehyung smiles back. “I'll miss you so much…”

Taehyung hugs him once again, snuggling his hyung's head on his chest. “I'll miss you more.” Jimin doesn't reply. Then, Taehyung kisses his forehead, making Jimin blush a bit. “I love you…” Jimin widens his eyes, even though the younger can't see him, his heart beating faster. “You're my favorite brother… Leaving you is breaking my heart, you know…”

'Oh… okay, I prefer that… If he loved me like Jungkook loves him, I don't know what I would do.'

“I'm sad too, Taehyung… And I love you too… my favorite dongsaeng…” Jimin says in a whisper, bitting his bottom lip, preventing himself from bursting into tears. “Don't leave me… Please, stay with- with me…” Tears starts running down his face, meeting Taehyung's jacket. The younger boy pats his fragile hyung's back, a small smile on his face.

“Don't cry, hyung. Don't cry… Everything is going to be fine, we will meet each others again soon, I promise.”

And Taehyung calms him down.

 

Two weeks later, during their holidays, Jimin is still waiting, in his room. He reads mangas, plays video games on his PS4 and his computer, listens to Rap Monster and Jin's lastest album, tries to draw a fanart of Jin even though it looks ugly, etc… All of that because he is bored. Bored of waiting. Taehyung promised him to come here to tell him where he was going to live, but it looks like he broke the promise.

'Maybe I should wait more…'

And that's what Jimin did. He waited for 4 days, until he decided to see him at his own home.

The young boy walks in the street, a bit excited to see Taehyung again. On his way, he sees the school, and all the memories he made in this building gather in his head. When he met Taehyung… and became his friend… no, his bestfriend… Jimin smiles.

Then he arrives at his friend's house and…

He can't believe his eyes…

'N- No way… Taehyung…'

The house is for sale… Meaning that Taehyung isn't here anymore…

Jimin falls on his knees, his eyes widened, tears forming in them. And… he cries…

He manages to take his iPod and his earplugs. He plays the song Just One Day by Rap Monster and Jin, his hot tears falling from his face.

 

Just one day, if I can be with you

Just one day, if I can hold your hands

Just one day, if I can be with you

Just one day…

 

“Taehyung… Taehyung… Tae- hyung…” Jimin mutters between sobs. “I mi- miss you s- so mu- huh- ch…” He tries to wipe his tears, but in vain. “Why did you- u abando- don mee- e… Wh- Why did you- you lie to m- me!?”

Jimin screams.

Screams.

And screams.

Without caring about the neighbourhood.

Because his only friend left him.

 

Taehyung left him

 

Alone

 


Author's note:

/gives y'all millions of tissues/ /plays Baby Don't Cry by EXO/ Yes, don't cry. Don't cry because of Jimin (bc if you read Story of an Ex-loner, you should have been prepared) and because it's the last chapter. ;u;

Well… hum… I apologize for this short chapter, again, but I guess it's better than no end… right? Because I made you wait so much…

Anyway, poor Jimin. ;-; Let's hug him, he needs it-- Wait, no, he already has someone else… wait, no yet, let's hug him ;-;

Sooo how did you find Left Behind? eue
If you don't tell me anything, you know I won't improve myself

Weeell thanks for reading, guys.

ps: I'm not really inspired for a sequel of Story of an Ex-loner… I'm sorry.

EDIT: I forgot to tell y'all that if you didn't know, Kim Jiwon is Team B's Bobby!