Jimin's model

Left Behind

Jimin hates them. Jimin hates school.

 

Jimin is walking to the exit, head down, tears ready to leave his eyes. It's the end of another day at the middle school and Jimin has been beaten up, for the nth time. He doesn't understand why people likes to bully him. Is it because he's very shy? Is it because he has no friend? Is it because he is 'fat', as he always calls himself? Is it because they are the most stupid people of the universe? Jimin doesn't know. He wants to understand, but he can't.

Back at home, his mother is scandalized, also for the nth time. His father wants to call the school, to tell them about his son, but Jimin always tells him it's alright. He doesn't want them to worry for him. Problem is: They already are worried. Two years are already too much.

 

The next day, at school, he goes to the library. He likes this part of the school because there, no one can bully him. It's silent, and there are many mangas, which basically means that this library is Jimin's paradise. When he has a break, he comes here to read some mangas.

Jimin hears voices coming from behind him. “Jungkook, are you really sure we can find this manga here? Like, really really sure?”

“I'm sure. You don't trust me, Taehyung?” Taehyung… He is Jimin's model. Jimin admires him, he wants to be like him because Taehyung has friends, he is popular, he is funny, he is good-looking, he is tall, he's not shy and everyone likes him.

“Of course I trust you, but I don't see it anywhere.” Jimin blushes just by hearing him. He's so shy he doesn't dare to look behind him. “Wait, can you remind me what is on the cover? Maybe I forgot.”

“It's blue with a cloud and a cute deer with a sword on it.” Jimin widens his eyes. This is the manga he is reading, right now. So, they're searching for the book that is in his hands. If they really want it, Jimin can give it to them, but he's way too shy, and it's his model who's searching for it, so this is double impossible. He's shaking, and blushing so much that his ears are totally red. He can't focus on the story anymore.

'Please, don't notice me!' Jimin is so weird. He wants to talk to his idol, yet he doesn't want him to notice him. What a weird cutie.

“Oh isn't that…” He widens his eyes. They're right next to him now! His hands a being wet on his laps. “Hey, are you okay?” The one who's speaking is Taehyung's friend, Jungkook. Jimin doesn't dare to do anything. Then, very slowly and carefully, he turns his head to face them and nods, staring at the floor. He tries to look at them, but his eyes meet Taehyung's so he immediately looks down, gulps and blushes, again. “Hum… If- If you're okay, hum, can we borrow… your book, please?” He bites his lip, not knowing what to choose between giving it and keeping it.

'What should I do!?'

“If you want to keep it, it's okay too.” Hearing Taehyung's voice, Jimin lift his head to look at him, once again. He's not believing what he is seeing: Taehyung is smiling at him!

'Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my- he's so handsome kyaah! I'm fanboying in my own head!'

Seeing the lack of response from Jimin, the two boys raise their eyebrows and look at each others, puzzled. Taehyung continues. “Okay, you can kee-” But suddenly, Jimin lends him the manga. Taehyung looks surprised, and he smiles. He takes the book, lightly touching Jimin's fingers by the way.

'OH MY GOD HE TOUCHED ME! HE TOUCHED ME! MEEEEE!!!!'

Jimin's face is completely red, it makes Taehyung giggle. “Well, thank you. What's your name?”

Jimin bites his lip, staring at the floor for the nth time. “J- J- J- Ji- Ji- Jim- m- Jimi- min- Jim- mi- min…” But Taehyung doesn't understand. “Ji- Jimin…”

“Jimin? It's a cute name. It fits you.” He smiles, for the nth time, making Jimin blush, for the nth time as well. “Thank you again. I'll see you around. Bye.”

“Bye, Jimin!” Jungkook waves at him.

“B- B- B- B- Bye…” Taehyung and Jungkook leave. Jimin puts his hand on his cheeks. It's really hot! Then, he puts it on his chest, where his heart is beating. It's beating fast, very fast. He smiles.

'I'm so happy. I got to speak with him today. It's a dream coming true…'

 

Three days later, Jimin's last class has just ended and he is ready to go home, but as he is about to step outside of the classroom, one of his classmates calls him. “Hey~ Loner-oppa!” He stops walking and is now frozen, in front of the exit. “It has been four days since the last time we played together. How about playing today?” He gulps.

'Anything but that! The exit is in front of me, I just have to step out so I can escape from those murderers!' But he can't move.

Another classmate walks to him, but when he is about to reach the boy, Jimin runs away, as fast as possible. He runs, without looking in front of him, his head down, when suddenly, he bumps into someone. He falls on his back and looks behind him. His classmates are chasing him.

“Huh… a- are you okay?” The boy he bumped in asks.

Scared to death, Jimin gets up and doesn't bother to answer, nor to identify the boy. As he is about to run again, the boy grabs his wrist.

“Don't run away, I'm not going to eat you.” The boy chuckles. Jimin bites his lip and turns his head to face him. To his surprise, he discovers that he bumped into Taehyung. He widens his eyes and blushes instantly.

'How did I do to not notice that it was him!? Shame on me, senpai!! I mean-'

“Oh, you're the boy from the other day! Jimin, right?” He shyly nods and looks again at his classmates who are about to catch him. Even more scared, Jimin shakes his wrist because he needs to get out from this horrible place, but Taehyung isn't going to let go of him. Then, Taehyung takes a look at the hallway and sees the boys and girls running in his direction.

“Tae- Taehyung!” They stop in front of him. “Can we have this boy, please?” They are Jimin's classmates and they don't even know his name. How great.

“What do you want from him?”

“We just want to- hum, to play! Yeah, we want to play together!” But Taehyung doesn't look convinced.

He frowns. “You want to play with him?” They hesitantly nod. Taehyung takes a look at Jimin, who still is scared and wants to go away. “And you think I'm going to believe you?” Taehyung smiles at them, like nothing was wrong.

Jimin widens his eyes. Is Taehyung going to protect him?

'No way… He won't protect a loner like me, right? I'm dreaming, right??'

His classmates stay still, ready to attack. Problem: They don't want to lose their precious image in front of Taehyung, but what they don't know is that it's already too late because Jimin is going to tell everything to Taehyung, right?

“S- Sorry.” They sigh and quickly go out of the school.

Shyly, Jimin raises his voice, staring at the floor, “T- Th- Th- Thank y- you…”. As he waits for Taehyung's answer, he looks at him and sees a smile on his face. “Bu- But you d- di- didn't need t- to do th- th- tha- that…”

“They are mean with you, am I right?” Jimin lowers his head. Due to the lack of answer from Jimin, Taehyung sighs. “You can tell me everything, you know?” But Jimin doesn't answer, again, and Taehyung still is smiling. “Okay, you can keep everything for you, but don't be a cry baby if something worse hap-”

“Sh- Shut up!” Taehyung is surprised, finally releasing Jimin's wrist. So, Jimin isn't that shy?

'I didn't mean to say that! I'm so sorry, Taehyung!!'

“Hu- Huh… S- So- Sor- r- Sorry…”

Suddenly, Taehyung lifts Jimin's head with his hand under his chin and stares into his eyes, making Jimin blush. “I can see… all the pain in your eyes.” He hugs him. “Accept to be my friend so I can protect you!” Jimin widens his eyes.

'Am I in a drama? A dream? This looks so cliché! My model is hugging me, telling me to be his friend so I won't be bullied anymore… Oh my- No tears, Jimin. No tears!' But he ends up crying. Taehyung is way too nice to be real.

“Y- Yu- Ye- Yes…” He says between sobs.

Taehyung chuckles and let go of him. Then, he takes his hands, a big smile on his face. “Yay! Now Jiminie is my friend!” First, Jimin is surprised, but then, he laughs, surprising Taehyung as well. “Yay, you smile! You smile!” Taehyung pinches his cheek. “You're so cute when you smile!” It makes Jimin blushes even more. Have you noticed? Jimin looks like he's younger, but actually he's older than Taehyung, and Taehyung doesn't know it yet. “Oh, wait, when were you born?” Jimin tells him. “Ah, you're older than me. A little bit… Wait! I thought you were younger than me!! I'm shocked!” Jimin chuckles.

“Hey, you two.” They both turns to a man who arrived next to them. It's a teacher. “School is over, what are you doing in the hallway? You have no club activities?” They shake their head at the same time. “Then go home.” They nod. “And hurry up. I don't want to see you here.” And the teacher walks away.

Taehyung states, “Oops. Looks like we were about to be in trouble.” He giggles and they goes out of the school. “Well, we have to say goodbye now…” Jimin is sad. Very sad. But they're friends now, it's okay. “Can I have your number?” Jimin stares at him, raising his eyebrows. His number? Does he really mean… his phone number? But Jimin doesn't have a phone. “…No?”

“I- I don't- don't have- any…” Taehyung is quite surprised. Nowaways, most of the kids already have a mobile phone, yet Jimin doesn't have any?

“Oh…” He thinks for a second, looking at the floor, then he smiles at the boy. “It's okay. I'll see you tomorrow?” Jimin smiles. “Okay! Goodbye, hyung!” They wave at each others and Taehyung runs away.

'This really is a dream coming true.'

 

Back at home, Jimin's mother smiles at him. “Jimin! I can't believe it, you're back from school and you come home smiling!” She hugs him, surprising Jimin.

He's happy. Tomorrow is going to be bright day for him.

 


Author's note:

End of Chapter 1! I thought I'd never finish it, but it's short… at least, to me. Doesn't it look rushed, like I mentioned it on the foreword? If not, then can I call you Aliens? e.e

Okay joke. c':

Thanks for reading. :3