Winter Stole Summers Thrill

In Your Love My Salvation Lies

 

 

                                                            He stole summer from her and she stole winter from him.

 

 

                                Together they are (were, was) spring light, warm hugs and kisses, sunshine smiles and pretty little Polaroid’s on fairy lights.

 

 

           She is his Bollywood blonde, bonnie underneath starry skies. He is her cognac noir, Clyde. Money doesn’t come cheap for them. Million dollar, sticky red, finger                         tips say more than it should….

 

 

                  They argue, more than they used to; more than they would like to; more than they should and it breaks his once, cold hard heart and her fragile glass one.

 

                   

 

                 

 

                        He finds her in a little sea town, collecting sea shells on the sun kissed beach. Lemon shine and whipped mandarin on silky sands. Starburst (her pink                            Cadillac) parked on the side. Peach jewels on a tangerine dream, frosty pink skin glowing underneath quartz, rose skies. He smiles at her from a far, sorrow etched in the corners.

 

                             

 

                                                           

                                            She plants spider lilies and corpse flowers with jade vines. He serenades by helping her to water them. A summer lullaby. 

                    

 

 

 

                       She likes the sea a lot (she says it’s safe, solitary and secluded) so they move to where they can stay by the sea all the time. A wisteria, lavender beach                                         house on a  Byzantium beach, solitary lies there. Snow cone green on eggshell sheets, hands sticky red, he’s her guilty million dollar man.

 

                   

 

               

                   

                      Feet in, sea foam on pretty skinny ankles she splashes him, he splashes her, azure mermaid hair on misty teal. His little mermaid, Ariel and her prince, Eric.                                       Sunshine laughter’s and no cares or worries.

 

 

 

 

 

                           They move again

 

 

 

 

 

                        She looks at the daisies and cherry blossoms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                        She cries.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                   They don’t say anything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                She leans on the fairytale blue bonnet of his car and refuses to look at him, he tilts her chin up and marigold, honey stains his fingertips, he kisses her “I’m sorry”

 

 

           

 

 

          The chateau marmont is beautiful but it isn’t the same, indigo ghosts, lamp shades, indanthrene blue on scarlet degournay wall paper, Cleopatra’s mazarine blood pool.

 

 

         

 

 

             

                    She buys four o clock shaded flowers to make herself feel more whole again, puts them on the terrace.

 

           

 

   

 

           

 

                    Waves of frothing lavender bubbles. He buys her a blackberry wine drink. she looks at it distastefully.

 

 

 

 

           

 

                  If only she’d understand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

              Bloodstone eyes, she wants her sea back.

 

 

 

 

 

           Mint frost on Tiffany glass, they argue, red sticky fingertips, million dollar man, heartless, liar, hate, I hate you, die.

 

   

 

 

   

 

          They drive back to the sea, her almost lover. Solitary. Safe. Times running out

 

     

 

 

   

 

            She enters their once lavender beach house, its cold, lonely, glittering sun on daisy petals once sunshine laughter, snowlight ,lovebird feather on eggshell sheets,                     snowdrops on frosted crystals.

 

 

 

 

           Welling up blue yonder, tears, empty.......

 

 

 

 

 

 

         Rhinestones on Gypsy nights. Red, sticky fingers. Guilty.

 

 

 

       “Did you get the money?”

 

 

 

 

            “Yes”

 

 

 

 

           Adrenaline, satin taupe, on sugar rush he kisses her. Ice cavern on Ice cavern, nothing, empty....

 

 

 

 

 

           It’s a never ending cycle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

           This is there life.