Chapter 10

Once Upon a Dream

    You looked around the boardroom. You were slightly nervous though your face didn’t show it. Yesterday was the last day of planning and confirming and with the help of your friends and Tristan, the nine of you had managed to pull something manageable together to present. You and Ilhoon had pulled an all nighter in your office to make sure the presentation itself was in good which resulted in the two of you being sleep deprived. You were thankful to see Hyeri walk in with about six cups of coffee for you and Ilhoon was talking to his father.

    "You are amazing" you whispered to her as people started flooding in.

    "Your mom told me you didn’t come home last night so I figured you'd need this before your big day" she whispered to you smiling.

    "Thank you" you said taking a huge sip of coffee and giving a happy sigh, "So you guys know where you'll be sitting right?"

    "Behind our parents in the board of directors area." She said motioning to the seats on the side of the room, and the guest will be sitting in the back of the room I assume?"

    You nodded, "We specifically made it that way for the purpose that the potential sponsors get a front row seat, and those who just want to see the project are in the back as well as the press."

    "That's a good idea" she looked at her mother who was motioning for her to join her. "That’s my que, good luck! Hwaiting!" she grinned at you and smiled.

    You saw that the room was starting to fill up, and Ilhoon had joined you with a cup of coffee in his hand.

    "It's almost time" he said taking a sip of his coffee.

    "I know, look" you motioned for those who just walked into the room.

    "Ah, the States group"  he said, "Well, lets just kick some now then"

    "Agree, the board of directors will be joining us after they're announced right?"

    "Yep, lets do this" he said as he looked through the notes and took the power point controller. He would be doing that today while you used the laser pointer to point at the main facts.

    Across the room you could see Lori and the others looking for one other person that had seemed to disappear. Little did they know, that person was sitting in the same room as the board of directors. You  smirked a bit but held it back as you saw Logan glaring right at you. This was your shot, your one shot to show everyone in this room that you and Ilhoon were capable of running this project.

    As everyone got settled you started to speak in English.

    "Hello everyone and welcome to the first official business plan meeting for the new resort opening on Jeju island. I want to welcome those who have come from overseas. Infront of you, you will find headphones where there will be translators explaining everything as this presentation will mostly be in Korean." You smiled, " Now shall we begin?"  and motioned for Ilhoon who pulled up the first slide.

    "We're really fortunate to have a trustworthy board of directors, many of whom we do business with directly. Can we have the board of directors come out please?" Ilhoon said as a door opened and everyone that was in there started to file out and take their respective seats.

    Gasps were heard from the back of the room as the last person walked out was none other than Tristan Mcgreggor.

    You smirked at the reaction of Lori and Logan, but most of all Colin because he and Tristan were supposed to be business partners in the law field.

    "I would like to introduce you to our board of directors, the Lee Minhyuk and Lim Hyunsik who will be our paralegal team. Of course watched over by their fathers." Ilhoon said as Minhyuk and Hyunsik stood  up and bowed along with their fathers.

    "Yook Sungjae and his father will be  overseeing  the construction of the resort in full capacity. We'll be teaming up with Shin department stores as our main retailer at the resort. Yoo fashion corp will be partnering up with my mothers fashion company to design top of the line uniforms for our employees." You said as the three of them stood up and bowed.

    "Lastly" Ilhoon said with a smirk directed at the back of the room, "We have EunYoung's cousin Mark Tuan who will be our advisor and extra hand as well as Tristan McGreggor who will be teaming up with Yook Sungjae to come up with the best and state of the art architecture"

    You could sense glares from the back of the room as the board of directors took their seats and the power point began.

    “As most of you know, the location of the resort is going to be on Jeju island, one of Korea’s biggest vacationing spots.” you started, “Also because construction will take less than two years, once we have the floor plan, we will be taking reservations for opening season which is the summer of 2017” Ilhoon explained pointing at certain objects with the laser pointer.

“We’re lucky enough to have a great team of architects with us promising to provide state of the art buildings. They’ll be teaming up with famous building designers who developed buildings like the infinite pool in Singapore among other unique buildings in the region” You said before continuing, “of course because of the budget we have, just for the buildings itself,” you pointed at the numbers, “The possibilities seem to be endless”

“We also plan on including a waterpark into the pool area for those families who want a little something extra at no extra charge. It’ll be located closer to the actual sea itself so while you swim, you can also get a view.”  Ilhoon continued.

“Of course all these plans are in the rough stages and we’ll be starting the official planning stage tomorrow. You can follow the stages on the website we’ve set up here” you pointed at the website name. “Thank you for your time and we appreciate you all attending”

“We will now open the floor for questions” Ilhoon said as he closed up the powerpoint and looked at you letting out a big breath.

“Mr. Jung, arent you and Ms. Kim still in school? How will you two be able to focus on the building and construction?” One reporter asked.

“We’ve talked to our teachers and they’ve allowed us to  use this project as a full project for school. The assignments will be sent to us and we’ll be completing them online” Ilhoon responded.

“Ms.Kim this is the first time you’ve been introduced to the spotlight in Korea, how does it feel?” Another reporter asked.

You thought for a moment, “As much as I want to say I’m not used to the attention, it’s a fact that my parents have been pretty active in the States so I because of the media in the States, it’s easier to adjust to the media here in Korea” You answered with smile.

“You were pretty active in the States, being associated with the Duponts, Huntingtons among other big names, why the move back here?” A reported asked and you saw the people in the back stiffen. You knew that the parents didnt know what had happened but their children were fully aware.

“The decision for the move was a long time coming” Mark spoke, “Because KEY corps saw that the industry was booming here in Asia, I decided that Eunyoung would be best suited to run the business here. And of course of some unfortunate circumstances, we’ve had to cut all ties from the Duponts as well as the Adams.”

Your father also spoke, “And because of that, we’re going to announce today that the Kim’s and the Tuans will be pulling their shares from both companies. And we’ll be doing business here exclusively with those here in Korea and Taiwan”

There was silence.

“Y-Y-YOU BASTARD!”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
I am so sorry guys! I've had this update ready to go for a while but my computer went to heaven and I had to start this chapter from scratch! I'l try to get chapter 11 done ASAP
 
Thanks so much for your support -bows 90degrees-