Science Lab 2

The Serious-vocal-group Club

If jongin wasn't mistaken, kyungsoo was the first freshmen to be the head of their college glee club. The name 'glee club' sounds too 'girly' for them so they changed it into 'serious vocal group club'. So well, kyungsoo is the leader of six members in the serious-vocal-group club, and apparently only three of them can actually sing.

 

It isn't an official club of their college because the principal has forbid any kind of extra activities outside classes - something about corrupting the logical part of the brain. So they claim themselves just a group of people who meet on specific time, at specific place, and do specific thing for a period of time with a subtle commitment.

 

They meet every wednesday at the third floor's science lab 2. Despite having no business or whatsoever to the bunsen burner on each table, they like the place. Jongdae who takes general engineering this semester once said that the room was chosen because it has the best accoustic among the others. But it was really because of the lab is located on the corner of the hallway, and the security guards are too lazy to check it. So they never get reported.

 

Jongin would never know the serious-vocal-group club is existed if it wasn't for the big F score circled in red marker stamped on his second lab assignment. He wants to curse high and low to his parents who forced him to take chemical engineering but he hold his tongue - better shut up than having his luck stolen for being a bad son. Another red mark is there underneath the hateful 'F'. It reads as a short, "redo your report." Such heartless, cold words.

 

They said the science lab 1 on the first floor is occupied. They're preparing for some olympiads or some sort, and so the room is unavailable. They also said, there's another lab on the third floor - the room that jongin never has the chance to use because his teacher hates to take up the stairs. It makes him uncomfortable to repeat the experiment in a foreign lab, but the report is due for tomorrow so jongin has no choice but to do it now.

 

It is late in the afternoon and the classes are finished, so the hallway is quite deserted. Jongin finally finds the lab on the corner and he almost misses it if it wasn't for the stood-out wooden plank in front of its door. The plank reads as a plain "science lab 2" but the font is so huge that it's almost ridiculous.

 

Jongin tests the door handle and surprisingly, it is locked. But he swears he heard murmurs and panic mumbles from inside. He leaves the handle for a while, waiting until the room seems quiet and the noises lower down. Chanelling every arm strengths that he got from rigorous dance practice when he was in high school, jongin takes the handle and pushes the door. It opens with a loud thud and a manly shriek, and also six pair of eyes watching him in horror underneath the experiment table.

 

"What, it's just jongin!" One of them said.

 

Jongin ends up muttering several apologizes to baekhyun, who for some reasons was behind the door earlier when jongin broke in. It wasn't lock, obviously, because jongin already got permission to use the lab, but baekhyun apparently had the urge to ward off any trespassers by holding the handle. His head hurts pretty badly, but not something that couldn't heal in three days. Jongin pats the little bump forming on the top of baekhyun's head gently. He gets a devious hiss in return and a viscious glare of black-eyelined eyes.

 

He looks at the other people in the room. He recognizes some familiar faces - sehun and tao from his class, chanyeol and jongdae from second year, the rest are blurs. One of them is very tall even when sitting, and jongin wonders where the man got his pants for those long legs. The other is on the contrary, very short. It would seem like an insult but jongin doesn't know any other words that is more appropriate - maybe beside 'little' or ' petite' which is basically the same. He has huge, round eyes. Like an owl, jongin thought silently.

 

"What are you guys doing here?" Jongin asked finally after a minute of awkward silent.

 

Those six glance at each other. Jongin feels a shudder and he doesn't feel good. He spent the night watching 'exorcist' (which scarred him for life) and can't help thinking what if these people were in some kind of cult where they sacrifice baby or what if they're in a search of 's blood or something.

 

"Nevermind, then." He stands up staggerly, "let me know if you're done with your-," he looks at a bunch of papers with strange drawings all over them, "-uh, activities."

 

All eyes are staring at him, as if contemplating on what he would do next. Jongin feels even more scared right now. He walks to the door slowly, reaching for the handle.

 

A hand grabs his elbow, hard.

 

Jongin (manly) squeaks.

 

The hand is chanyeol's, gripping his skin in a strong, almost painful hold. His face is facing down but jongin can see his eyes are hooded and dark. Jongin wants to scream for his life. The owl-eyes man who has been looking for a while, now stands up and walks towards jongin with slow steps. Intimidating.

 

He smiles, but it frightens jongin to his core.

 

"Jongin, is it?" He started, voice low and precise. Jongin has the sick feeling that he likes how his name rolled out from that lips. "You have now known the existence of our secret club, moreover our secret meeting place." He added and jongin has at least ten retorts to that statements because if they were so secret, they shouldn't meet in the school building for god's sake. "You know the school forbids any extra club, right?"

 

Jongin nods vigorously. He shudders again when the man's smile seems even more like a smirk.

 

"Then we need to make some deals, jongin-ssi."

 

It turns out that they are a glee club - or a serious-vocal-group club as jongdae said. The papers with strange drawings are actually music notes scribbles, and the deal is only a promise that jongin would never tell anyone about their club in the school. He is also told that chanyeol's scary eyes are the result of his gross sobbing last night after watching dramas, and the owl-eyes' smirk is actually his actual smile. His lips are unique, they said, it produces a crooked smile instead.

 

And they spend half an hour to laugh their off at jongin because he was screaming for mercy right after the owl-eyes man finished his we-need-to-make-deal remark.

 

Jongin can only sits in the corner. Never watching horror again, he thought.

 

The club members then introduces themselves to jongin. Even though he already knows the names of four of them, jongin doesn't actually know them personally. The owl-eyes turns out to be the leader and he introduces himself as do kyungsoo. The tall man is actually a foreigner, named wu yi fan, so he doesn't speak much. And when he doesn't speak, he looks like he would murder someone.

 

That was jongin's first meeting with kyungsoo. A simple meeting that he didn't know that would lead him into more complicated things in the future.

 

Because kyungsoo is actually a state assassins. 

 

And so are the rest of the club.

 

 

------------------------------

 

 

I had so much fun writing this :3

My feels for this otp ;A; why you no touchy-touchy anymoreee.

 

Comments are loved ❤