Mission 2/Trust Your Partner

The Reaper's Game (hiatus)

Donghyun's POV

 

Hearing that bullet shoot made me shatter inside. Raina slowly slumped to the ground, seemingly in slow motion. She was frightened and breathing heavily and I rushed to her, "Raina kwenchana?" She was shaking so hard that it scared me too. "Yah what the hell!?" The gun that Mari held just dropped to the ground after being flung high into the sky. "Tsk tsk tsk, Mari." a voice chimed from nowhere. It was... familiar.... "You know you aren't supposed to hunt the Players unless a mission was given." "BWOH??" I exclaimed. A mission wasn't assigned? But... that message... Mari let out a laugh, "I know I know, I was just teasing them a little." she shrugged her shoulders and retrieved her weapon she used to threaten Raina.

"D-Donghyun..." I looked at Raina and tears gathered at her eyes. I could tell how afraid she became after that near-death experience. I took a deep breath and piggybacked (A/N: Is that a word??) her away from here. As I escaped from the girl reaper, that voice kept talking. "Remember this Mari, don't hurt the Players yet... Tomorrow... kill them all except...---" I was too far away to hear whose name that voice said.

 

Kwangmin's POV

 

I panicked as I saw that reaper hold a blade so close to Heeyeon's neck. "One wrong move and your head pops right off!" If I were to attack her, she'll move and slit Heeyeon's neck. But if I don't, she'll do it anyway. AISH I'm so confused!! The reaper named Jinki just laughed suddenly and pulled away from Heeyeon. I scrambled to Heeyeon's side as she fell to the ground breathing heavily. "You know, it'd be so much more fun if I could actually kill you." she said, "But the Game Master said we can't kill any of you unless a mission is assigned."

"Bwoh?" I asked. "What do you mean? Our mission was to remove the curse from the statue." She laughed again, "You idiot, where's your timer?" "Eh?" I looked at my hand. Nothing. Where's she getting at? "Didn't yesterday you had a timer on your hand? Where is it now?" she remarked. My eyes widened as I realized no mission was actually assigned. "Yah then what about the text?" Heeyeon said, recovering herself. "Oh you don't know?" Jinki smirked, "I'll just say this... Trust your partner, nobody else. Follow that, and maybe you'll survive." with that said, her wings fluttered and she disappeared.

 

Youngmin's POV

 

The reaper named Kyung Jae slowly pulled out a gun and tossed it to Minji. "To make this more fun, I'll give you the choice." the reaper said. "You have 60 seconds to kill your partner." "What's in it for me?" Minji said. She was desperate to leave. "In exchange for his life, I'll give you the ticket out of this Game~" Kyung Jae did a twirl, "It'll make you happy right?" Minji's gaze moved onto the silver gun she held in her hands. "Minji, you don't trust her do you?" Her cold eyes met mine, "I don't trust you either, Youngmin." I stepped back as she raised the gun to me. She was looking down at the ground. "Minji... don't kill me..." "...I have to..."

I heard Kyung Jae's laugh as everything seemed to have darkened to just me and Minji. My heartbeat raced as my life was hanging by a thread that my partner held. "Time's a-ticking away~" Kyung Jae sang. "24 seconds~!" "Minji think about this. You can't do this on your own." She didn't reply. "Minji!" "16 seconds!" Kyung Jae's laugh seemed to cut off connection between me and Minji. "Minji... don't kill me. Please..." "9 seconds!" Kyung Jae began to count down. 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2........ 1...

 

Soojung's POV
 

Hyunseung still didn't release my hand as Sung Hyo approached us. Closer and closer with each step. "You know, being the good reaper I am, I'm gonna follow the rules and not kill you." "Yah bwoh? You took my house and now you're gonna kill us!?" I shouted to her. "Calm down kiddy. I'm only free to kill you when you're assigned a mission to complete." "But we do have one. Our phones." Hyunseung pointed out. "You tried calling didn't you? Did it work?" Sung Hyo remarked. Both Hyunseung and I were silent. But if our phones don't work... what about the text? "Only one phone works. That's the phone that sends you your missions. However you don't have a mission today."

"Bwoh? But then what about the text?" I asked her, completely confused. "You don't have a timer on your hand. If you had one, then you would've had a time limit. But it never came did it?" I glanced at my hand. She's right. No ticking red numbers. "I'll slip this out though. Trust each other. Don't trust anyone else, or you'll die." her voice was stern. "Yah what do you mean?" Then it hit me. One of us... is the Game Master.

 

Jinji's POV

 

I prepared myself as the Tae Hee reaper reached for something. She did it so slowly that the adrenaline wanted to burst inside of me. Suddenly, she bursted out laughing instead. "Haha! I'm just kidding! The Game Master would be mad with a killed you today." "Bwoh?" I said, somewhat lost with what just happened. "The Game Master has no use for you. You're only here to make him look good." "Him?" Jeongmin said. Tae Hee let out another evil laugh, "You'll die eventually. He plans to let himself live as well as her. So you might as well give up now."

"W-wae? Who's the Game Master?" I asked. I will admit I was afraid that someone out of the 12 of us is dangerous. Hell, it could be Jeongmin for all I know. I glanced at Jeongmin from the corner of my eye, cautious of what may happened. He can't be it. He's too nice. But then again... the Game Master plans to let himself as well as someone else to live... Dammit who could it be? "As of right now, I suggest you not rely on anyone else." Tae Hee continued. "So... the Game Master is one of the boys?" I asked. Jeongmin looked at me, as if silently saying he wasn't the one. Tae Hee nodded, "But... if you're lucky, you'll be the one he chooses to spare."

 

Minwoo's POV

 

"How do you know my name?" Jinhyun asked with big eyes. I laughed, "I remembered her name. Her name was Suyun." Which was true. "But... I don't remember having to do anything with you, Minwoo..." she looked away, which made me laugh. She was such a timid girl for someone who was laid-back just a bit ago. "I know." I pulled out my phone and started playing around on it. I looked back at Jinhyun, "You know, we should probably play hooky on this mission." "Bwoh? But... we'll lose if we don't!" I put my hand on her cheek, hopefully calming her down. "Don't worry." I smiled, "If we're lucky, the others Players will complete the mission for us."

She pulled away, "Andwae! I'm going to complete the mission. I'm not taking any chances!" with that said, she ran off. "Y-yah!" I followed her, as common sense would do. "Yah Jinhyun!" I finally took hold of her shoulder and made her face me. "Don't be reckless. Please." I said. She looked at me with confused eyes. "It's how I lost her..." I could tell she had a lot of sympathy. Her breathing returned to normal and she seemed to have calmed down. I took a deep breath and continued, "Trust me."

 

------------------

Run, run as fast as you can...
You can't escape
the chokehold of the dead man...

 

---

Yay! One more quick update! O.o It's not as good but hopefully it will do -^^-