Je suis désolée

Désolée

"How's your girlfriend?" the brunette lanky girl asked the ebony haired woman who seems to be on her mid twenties.

"Tucked in bed. Already sound asleep" taking a gulp from her tin canned beer before continuing with the narration of how they actually got into this position of seeking refuge with alcohol, Yuri nudged her friend Tiffany to get them both another round of drinks.

"So you're telling me that she was bawling her eyes for the nth time because you did not greet her this morning before going to work? That was it?" 

"Pany, what am I doing wrong here? Tell me. I'm giving her all of my attention, spend my free time with her as much as I can, give her everything she could possibly ask for."

"Don't ask me. She could get really childish, that girlfriend of yours. She throws tantrums all the time. Clings to you so much. She's an overly attached girlfriend. It's sickening."

"I guess I kind of like her being like that.. clingy and all over me. But-"

"But she is sick! I would be sick if I were on your shoe. It's suffocating." 

"You don't understand. You just don't get her like I do. Jessica's amazing in every way there could be. Her glistening smile. I especially love that smile of hers that could light up any room."

"Tsk. Yul spare me the sappy details. I have to go now. Good luck with her temper. Ciao!"

---

Rustling of wind that glides through the wind chimes hanging near the window. Twinkling beam of lights from up above the starry sky, it's a quiet and serene surrounding perfect for relaxation. All is calm until a high pitched scream echoed around the flat that is occupied by the couple. 

"Sica baby! You frightened me to death. Don't scare me like that." 

Yuri wrapped her arms around her lover's petite frame, comforting hands soothing her back.

"I'm sorry baby. I went on mode again earlier. I didn't mean to make you feel guilty or whatever. This is the reason why I'm scared of being happy all the time, I know that something bad will happen. I'm sorry." 

"I'm sorry too. I'm tired."

"Yuri.. are you tired being around me?" 

Her doe eyes that could penetrate right through any soul, the same pair of eyes that is filled with worry and sadness right at this moment.

"What nonsense are you talking about? Do you really think I would just waste my time to play with your emotions and hurt you?" the tanned lady was a bit offended by the suggestion that her lover just told her.

"I .. I'm sorry. I'm just bothered by how you are acting towards me. There are mornings I would wake up without you by my side, no messages left for me. I worry about you as much as you worry about my welfare. During dull moments that we are far apart, my mind would be clouded with thoughts about you. Plagued with unnecessary over analyzing. Overthinking. I'm scared. Do I still satisfy you? Do I still make your heart pump with excitement? These thoughts would harass me and triggers my emotion to go on a rampage."

"What are you scared of? How many times do I have to tell you? I love you. Good things, bad things, anything could happen but I'm certain about my feelings for you. I want you to be the last person I'll ever love and devote myself with." 

Foreheads against each other, raspy breathes being exchanged, tangled bodies. There's a long moment of silence. 

"I like this. Silence. Oftentimes you'd ask me 'what's wrong?' when I would try to catch a glimpse of you and you'd catch me staring at you. Really.. Jess, what's wrong? What could this amazing person you're lucky to call your lover be doing wrong? I ask myself this question but nothing pops to mind. It is I who lack  better understanding and communication. Silence. Sometimes it is enough for me. We don't have to talk all the time, just exchanges of meaningful look and stare could deliver a thousand worth of emotions that words cannot even describe. I believe everything you told me. I apologize for losing confidence yet again but deep in my heart it only yearns for you. I love you, too"