An Unexpected Meeting

Life's A Funny Thing

The brunette girl sat with her arms crossed, on a bench in front of a shopping centre in London. Holly was in a foul mood, thanks to the fact that there was going to be a concert today literally less than an hour away from her, and she hadn’t been allowed to go because of her stupid mum, who was away in the shops behind her back, shopping. Holly would have joined her, but there were advertisements for the concert up everywhere, and it just annoyed her more every time she saw them.

 

It wasn’t like she didn’t have the money! She just needed her parent’s permission to step two metres away from their house alone and they thought it would be too ‘dangerous’.

 

And it was a G-Dragon concert. Like, god-damn, life was cruel.

 

Holly sighed for about the twelfth time since she had sat down. She would have been complaining to her friends about it, especially Marnie, seeing as Marn loved K-POP just as much as Holly did, and they fangirled over it all the time, but her phone was broken. She was having a crap week.

 

People were walking in and out of the shopping centre at random intervals, but it wasn’t a particularly busy day. When the door opened again, she looked over and…

 

...holy hell.

 

Outwardly, she froze for a moment. Inwardly, she squealed like a mad person. Or a squeaky toy.

 

It. Was. Kwon. Jiyong.

 

And one other person. But screw them, GD was there.

 

Both of them looked around confusedly, as if looking for something, and then spoke to each other in Korean. Holly caught the odd word - she was teaching herself Korean - but she definitely didn’t understand. The other man pulled out his phone and began a call with somebody, and Holly… had a burst of self confidence. She slowly stood up and smiled, approaching Jiyong.

 

Was this actually happening?! This was better than a concert anyday.

 

She smiled sweetly and caught his eye, “Hi.”

 

Jiyong had been a bit distracted from worrying about how he was going to get back to his hotel room, but his thoughts were broken when the brunette spoke to him. She seemed friendly, so he smiled back, despite his mood. “Hello.”

 

Holly, still freaking out inside, took a breath, “Annyeong hasimnikka.” She said, with a bow. She didn’t really know why she did, but… it was showing that she knew who he was? Eh, it was something.

 

However, Jiyong took this as a hint that she could speak Korean, as well as the fact that she might know who he was, but that wasn’t really on his mind, and smiled, “Annyeong haseyo, gakkaiissneun benteulli jadongcha leul bon jeogi issnayo?” He said fluently.

 

Well, that was confusing.

 

The English girl looked at him with slightly wide eyes, “I don’t…” She coughed, “I don’t know that much Korean, mianhamnida.” She knew that he knew English, so she hoped he would understand, which he did. The idol nodded, “It’s alright. Have you seen a Bentley car here?” Holly shook her head and shrugged her shoulders, “No, I haven’t. Sorry.” She replied, rubbing the back of her neck. Jiyong acknowledged this and went to turn and walk back to his manager.

 

“I really like your music.” Holly said out of nowhere. If she didn’t say it now, she would probably never be able to say it to his face - he was G-Dragon for Pete’s sake, even seeing him now was more like a miracle than anything else. He turned back around and smiled, “Thank you.” He paused for a second, “Are you going to the concert later?”

 

The brunette felt a weight on her chest, and tucked her hair behind her ear, “No… my parents said I couldn’t.”

 

He looked solemn for a moment, and then shrugged his shoulders slightly, “That’s a shame.”

 

Holly sighed, “It really is.”

 

There was a moment of silence and the girl sprung up one last confidence spurt, “Can… I have a hug?”

 

Jiyong chuckled a little, “Sure.” He wrapped his arms around her for a few seconds and to Holly, the world felt like it stopped spinning. It was… so surreal, and so amazing. But then it was over, and a car was pulling up nearby. The dark-haired idol looked over at it and recognized that it was his, as well as hearing his manager shouting his name behind him. He turned all the way around and nodded, before smiling at Holly one last time, “I’m going now, goodbye.”

 

“Goodbye. It was really great to meet you, even if I don’t get to watch you later. Gamsahamnida.” She bowed again in respect and he began walking away. Holly walked back to the bench she had been sat on, but as she did, her vision became fuzzy. Maybe from some late shock? Regardless, she kept walking as the world faded to black.

 

And she woke up on her bed, looking at the ceiling. It took a few seconds to settle in. “...are you kidding?!” She said to the air above her. She grabbed her sock monkey and held it in front of her face, “That’s not faaaair!” What she had been thinking about in the dream was true - there was a G-Dragon concert in London in a few days, she wasn’t allowed to go, and her phone was broken. What, sadly, wasn’t the case, was that she hadn’t actually met G-Dragon.

 

Screw the world. Life was bad.

 

But at the same time, Holly went about her not-so-productive day that day with a warmer feeling. Even if it hadn’t actually happened, she had been able to meet G-Dragon and talk to him. That was so weird, but she was glad it had happened in the end. Especially because of how jealous Marnie had been. She invited her over and they sat together on her bed as she recounted the tail. Her purple haired friend was gawping at it, “You’re not making this up, are you?”

 

“Dude, I wouldn’t make up something like this! It was awesome.” She grabbed one of her bigger cushions and hugged it gently, “And I even got him to hug me. I mean, I swear I can still remember what it felt like.”

 

Marn grabbed another one of Holly’s pillows and whacked her with it, “Dammit you, stop talking about it! I want your dreams!” She stopped and hugged her own pillow, “I wish I could remember half of my dreams.”

 

They sat like that for a moment, both settled in their hopeful thoughts. Holly shuffled, “One thing that I keep thinking, and I know it’s stupid,” But nothing was stupid between these two anymore. They had talked about almost everything possible to each other, and still managed to find something to say. So stupid had been whacked out of the ballpark ages ago. “What if… what if GD had the same dream?” She mused, “Like, but from his point of view. He went to go get his car and then saw me sitting on a bench and stuff.” Her heart squeezed at the thought, “I wonder what he would have thought…”

 

The shorter of the two (Marnie, for your information), groaned loudly, “Hollyyyyy~ stop tormenting me!” Holly smirked cheekily, “You will never meet G-Dragooon~ Muahahahaha~!” She taunted, laughing through her words and earning herself a right pillow onslaught, as Marnie pummeled her with feathers and minorly annoyed giggles. “You didn’t either!” She said in response. “Well, at least I have some kind of memory of something!”

 

Holly reached out and somehow managed to get a hold on the not-so-murder weapon, “No, but seriously, do you think it’s possible?”

 

“What’s possible?”

 

The brunette pushed Marnie over and clambered on top of her, “Is it possible that G-Dragon would have the same dream as me?”

 

Marn shook her head, “It’s possible for you to be insane.”

 

“Thanks, old friend.” Holly replied, rolling her eyes and poking Marnie’s cheeks in.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

---

 

Jiyong yawned and stretched his arms, padding around his hotel room.

 

He sighed as he did so, pausing for a moment, thinking about his dream.

 

It might have only been a dream, but it would have been nice to put a name to that girl’s face. She might not have been beautiful in the conventional, supermodel way, but she had her own sweet kind of beauty. He shrugged his shoulders slightly and kept walking. She wasn’t real anyway.

 


 

Right, so this is just a one shot right now, but if you guys want, I might continue it.

 

Might. Maybe. I dunno.

 

It’s just depicting a real life story onto paper (yes, I had a dream about meeting G-Dragon in a town centre *.* my dream was weirder though)

 

Also, hi! ^^ I’m ACG, and this is my first written thingy on AFF (abbrv. ftw, yo) So yeah, hope you liked this! ;P