Eight

Disgusting

The shuttering sounds and the blinding flash lights from many cameras made Jaebum slightly felt nervous. If GOT7’s leader was even nervous, then how about the members?

Jaebum glanced at Jinyoung. The said man immediately glanced back, and gave Jaebum a reassuring smile that would said ‘It’s gonna be okay, hyung’. Then he glanced at Mark, who gave him a little smile and nod. Jackson then threw him a big grin, Jackson’s style, even though Jaebum knew better than that.

The maknae lines were beyond frantic. Bambam’s palms were very sweaty and maybe in some points his legs were slightly trembling and wobbling, and Yugyeom was trying really hard to put on a calm face like his hyungs, which he failed miserably.

After that, his gaze went to the man who was standing right beside him. Youngjae was putting that usual look of his when he wasn’t the main attention, his plain look, but then Youngjae’s eyes looked so.. blank. He was staring at some space, but really, his gaze was blank, empty. And truthfully, Jaebum was creeped out by this kind of Youngjae.

Jaebum wanted to take his hand, being the leader he was, to give some encouragements but they were currently here for a very big press conference. An international press conference that was being held to break the gay rumours. And one skinship could really, really ruined everything. Even the smallest ones.

Like, what if the next headline will be 'Leader of GOT7, JB, held Youngjae's hand under the desk while press conference.'? So, so, so, so dangerous.

But he took the risk to whisper a silent, “We’ll be fine, Choi Youngjae,” and held Youngjae’s fingers for a split second then broke it again. Then he caught Youngjae’s eyes flashed something that looked like courage and he smiled to the crowd and definitely didn’t look as empty as before. Youngjae made an eye contact with Jaebum and gave the leader a small smile that made the butterflies in his stomach fluttered violently.

JYP did almost all of the serious talks, and GOT7’s members were just nodding, and spoke something that didn’t matter much if JYP let them to do so or if they had the courage to do so.

 And then the last question—actually JYP made that question the very last, afraid of any other questions like that—made 2/7 of them somewhat shocked.

“Hi, I’m Park Sera from Evening News in NBS. I have a question, especially for Mark-ssi and Jinyoung-ssi. Regarding the sudden kisses on the cheeks in GOT7’s variety shows that was performed by both parties, and Mark-ssi’s ‘confession’ to Jinyoung-ssi, do you guys have any explanation for that? We really appreciate honest answer. Thank you.”

Jinyoung and Mark made a fast eye-contact, debating with that. But they didn’t found something explainable, and when Jinyoung—who kissed Mark’s cheek first—felt somewhat responsible and wanted to open his mouth, a familiar voice interrupted him.

Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Choi Youngjae, main vocalist of GOT7. I know your question is made for Jinyoung-ssi or Mark-ssi, but I will answer for both of them. As reporters and cameramen know, we live in South Korea. A country that gives freedom for the people but still had the moral lessons taught well in the people. In this country, the relationship between man to man is a taboo, we all were taught about that very well,” Youngjae breathed, and gave a small smile, “but, the culture of doing skinship to whoever that’s close to us, like bestfriends is also taught as well. Can’t we, men, do that to express how much we love our members in a brothership way?”

“Men in Korea told i love you to their bestfriends or the people who help them, and comfortably doing skinships without thinking to whoever have close relations to them. Like I mean, I know GOT7 is a multination group and a rookie, and we are just slowly building our reputation to be one of the groups that’s well known in this world. We do these things not only to show our feelings to our members, but also to entertain our fans. We have to make people sure that we are not just individually talented, but have a strong bond as a group. So instead of thinking it's really romantic love, let's think it as brotherly affections, don't you think so?”

All of s stared at him in awe, and Jaebum stared at him with eyes that screamed love love love. Some reporters even clapped for Youngjae’s answers, and JYP gave Youngjae his two thumbs up and declared that with that statement, the press conference had come to an end.

GOT7 walked to the van with relaxed feelings and fully relieved. Yugyeom and Kunpimook even looked up to him, said that maybe the coolest hyung ever is not in the hyung line, but Youngjae. Youngjae just smiled sheepishly and sat beside Jaebum in the van, which was definitely a rare thing. But Jaebum welcomed him anyways, and threw a loving smile at him.

“Where does the courage come from, Jae?” Jaebum asked Youngjae in the middle of the way to their dorm. All of them already were sleeping, tired of the slightly depressing press conference except both of them. Jaebum slightly caressed Youngjae’s hair softly, waiting for his answer.

“You, hyung,” Youngjae stared at Jaebum straight to his eyes with an expression that Jaebum himself couldn’t interpret. “It comes from you. The moment you whispered we will be okay, and grasped my fingers for a split second, you lent me your courage and daring actions. I knew I could make the fans not in vain and we would really be okay if I say what was really in my mind, and I—”

Jaebum pulled him into a bone-crushing hug, and whispered in Youngjae’s ear directly, “I’ve been defeated by a freshman in college. Congratulations Choi Youngjae, the main vocalist of GOT7!”

Youngjae just blushed and smiled proudly of himself. After he became the last member of GOT7, he rarely felt proud of himself. He kept feeling so inferior, had a gap with the other members. At some times, he even felt like he didn’t even fit for this group. But hearing that nice words from GOT7’s leader himself, he felt... nice. The warmth surrounding his body made Youngjae’s heartbeat quickened, and he snuggled closer to Jaebum in peace.

For the second time, Youngjae thought maybe he was qualified to be one of the seven members of GOT7, and it was all because of a certain Im Jaebum.

Yes, second. Let Youngjae narrates you what happened in the first time, in the next chapter.


hi all of youuuu<33 thanks for 159 subscribers (the old or new ones) and the upvoters!! 

about youngjae's explanation...please don't mind it if you found something unrelatable to the reporter's question bc me mysELF dont even know where that words come from ;;;;

the next chapter will be in Youngjae's POV bc i often wrote in Jaebum's POV and it'll be about their feelings development (i mean Youngjae's feelings development to Jaebum) sooo wait for it! :) well lets just hope that the next update is more quicker than this.

have a really wonderful day!,

c<3