Mad, Madder, Maddest

Mad, Madder, Maddest

 

 

He had read about them. Werewolfs, werecats and a little bit about weredogs too. But not even in his wildest dreams-wildest? Who was he even kidding-he had never imagined he would find a weredog, and that too it would be someone he knew.

 

Jinki was on his way to school when he found a blinding mass of silver walking in front of him. He called out to Jonghyun out of curiosity as he was a well known troublemaker at school, seeing him go so early to school made Jinki wonder if the sun rose in the west today.

 

He saw Jonghyun jump up in surprise, and the place where he stood, now sat a small pup with equally blinding silver fur trying to entangle himself from the uniform that now lay on the ground.

 

Jinki just stood there, watching in amazement as the small puppy resurfaced, it's head peeking out from the blazer. Yes, he had read about werewolves and werecats and all for his creative writing essay, but he hadn't expected to meet one, he didn't even believe them to exist.

 

Watching the scene before him and relating to all that his mind was filled with, he thought he had gone mad for a sec, but then he shook his head and neared the pup that was standing frozen on the mess of clothes.

 

A little staring match took place between the two, and in the end Jinki won; Jonghyun not able to stand his gaze.

 

Jinki knelt down beside Jonghyun, "Aww you're so cute." He cooed at Jonghyun as he scratched him under his ears.

 

Jinki couldn't resist himself; he had always wanted a pet but his parents never allowed him to keep one. But upon seeing this state of Jonghyun, all the love that he had towards animals and various pets of his friends, came bursting out.

 

Hence he found himself pushing Jonghyun’s uniform and stuff into the boy’s bag and the pup in his own, before slinging both the bags on his shoulder.

 

"Don't worry little one." Jinki said as he began to walk, "I'll help you out."

 

Jonghyun did want to protest, but he couldn’t. He knew if Jinki got caught with him, punishment was what waited him. And to top it, Jinki was even the student council president. If he was caught breaking the rule of 'no pets allowed' then he would receive severe punishment. But he couldn't do anything; firstly he knew Jinki meant no harm and secondly, though he didn't want to admit it, he was smaller than Jinki right now and could do nothing against him so he thought it was better to be carried around.

 

Once they neared the school gates, Jinki could feel Jonghyun squirm inside the bag. "Stay still. You'll get us caught." Jinki whispered down.

 

Jinki could feel the many gazes on him as he walked towards the lockers. He knew everyone was curious when they found him carrying two bags.

 

But being his restless self Jonghyun couldn’t sit still in the bag. Even though it was open from above he still felt it was suffocating and surfaced for a few seconds for fresh air.

 

Jinki heard a shriek and he slammed his locker door close on the sudden noise. He looked down to his bag to find Jonghyun staring up at him, his eyes wide in horror.

 

Jinki pushed the furry head down in his bag and ran to his class. He was aware of the whispers and the footsteps that followed. He was pretty sure he had heard 'they are so cute' while he was running down to his class.

 

But alas, he was cornered at the entrance of his class where he met many requests of seeing 'the cute ball of fur' he had in his bag, holding, petting, and etcetera etcetera.

 

He used his most authoritative student council president voice which he only used during strict disciplining of the rule breakers, and told the crowd that had formed to disperse, otherwise they all would find themselves in detention with an 2000 word essay on noise pollution in school.

 

He settled down on his seat in the first row, his bag on his lap rather than the back of the chair where he usually hung it. "I told you to stay still." Jinki peered down into his bag.

 

He heard Jonghyun whine.

 

"Shh quiet now." He whispered as he got up to greet his professor who had entered. The other students followed him and once everyone was settled down the class began.

 

Jinki had to control himself from reaching down into the bag and the soft fur. Rules were rules and he was even the goddamn student council president.

 

When he had started high school he had never imagined himself as the student council president. It was out of sympathy for the previous council president that he found himself raising his hand when no one had when the question of the next student council president was proposed in the assembly.  

 

Jinki felt Jonghyun shift inside his bag, his hold on his bag tightened as peered down into the bag to find Jonghyun lying down on top of his blazer. He resisted the urge to pet and tickle Jonghyun- he looked so cute while he was stretching and yawning, preparing to fall asleep.

 

Jinki had known Jonghyun for a few years.  Not exactly know, more along the lines of classmates that just greeted and talked in passing. But whatever he knew about Jonghyun told him he was a good guy, even though many thought otherwise.

 

He was usually late, his uniform dirty, and that unnatural hair color, which led to many speculations of him being a delinquent, but now, he knew the truth.

 

And he did sort of have a crush on him. He was really cute with that fluffy silvery hair. And those big eyes. Damn. And his voice. Double damn. And this new side of him made him even more cuter. Yup he definitely was a lost case now.

 

Jinki was disturbed from his thoughts when there was a  loud knock on the door. "Excuse me sir. Principal has called for Jinki."

 

Dread filled Jinki with that one sentence. The principal had got to know. What if the principal parts him and Jonghyun? But he wasn't ready to let go and nor did he have the heart to keep away from such an adorable sight.  

 

Jinki got up immediately, excused himself and was on his way to the office, his bag slung on his side.

 

He looked down to find Jonghyun up and awake, his eyes large with fear, staring right back.

 

"It'll be alright." Jinki patted him.


 



 

"You should be knowing why I called you here Jinki?" Mr Song, his principal, gestured Jinki to take the seat across from him.

 

Jinki nodded slightly.

 

"I didn't expect this from you Jinki." His principal sighed. "You're a model student, the student council president even, how could you-"

 

"But sir." Jinki pleaded, his hands reached inside his bag for Jonghyun. "Just look at him. How do you expect me leave him alone?" Jinki asked as he held up Jonghyun on display.

 

The principals eyes widened at the small pup staring up at him with large pleading eyes. He felt his steely resolve blister under the pup's gaze.

"But Jinki-"

 

"I promise sir, you won't hear any complaints regarding me in the future. Please let it go." Jinki pleaded.

 

Jonghyun whined his consent too and the principal reached forward to console him.

 

"Okay," he said a few minutes later, his fingers running along Jonghyun’s back, "I'll let it go this time, but the next time be warned."

 

"Sir?" Jinki asked softly. His principle nodded, prompting him to continue, "I have a request." Jinki said.

 

The principal sat up straighter, his fingers leaving Jonghyun’s coat. "What is it?"

 

"You see, both my parents work, so there would be times when he would be left alone. And...and I can't leave him alone. Just look at the poor thing." Jinki hugged Jonghyun to his chest. "So...in the future there might be occasions where it will be utterly necessary for me to bring him along." He finished.

 

"I can't allow that." Mr Song said sternly.

 

"Please sir. I promise no one will get the wind of it. And...and I promise I'll look into those tuitions you wanted me to take." Jinki added hurriedly when the principal got up.

 

"I'll think about it." And Jinki was dismissed.

 

Jinki excused himself back into class, there was still half an hour of  the class left. He looked inside his bag and found Jonghyun staring up at him, his eyes wide. "It's alright." Jinki assured him, and went back to taking notes.

 

The professor left, not before telling Jinki to take the attendance and to submit it to him in the staff room. Jinki placed his bag carefully on the chair, so as to not disturb Jonghyun who was sleeping.

 

He stood in front of the class and started the roll call, marking down the absentees. He stopped before Jonghyun’s name, wondering whether to call out or not and deciding on calling so as to not seem suspicious. Suspicious of what he didn’t know. He knew no one even bothered if he didn't call out Jonghyun’s name, but one can't always be sure.

 

"Kim Jonghyun." He called out loudly his gaze on his bag which was on his chair. He saw a small white paw peak out from his bag. He laughed at that, quickly guising it as a cough when many heads turned in his direction and continued on with the attendance.

 

The rest of the classes passed by in a blur with occasional peering down in his bag by Jinki.

 

As lunch neared he could feel Jonghyun tremble inside. He patted down gently, assuring him that everything will be alright.

 

As soon as the bell rang Jinki ran out from his class, excusing and apologising to everyone he crashed into.

 

Once inside the infirmary he locked the door and removed Jonghyun from his bag. Jonghyun ran into one of the curtained beds furthest from Jinki.

 

A few seconds later he peeked out from behind the curtain to find Jinki standing where he had left him, perplexed.

 

He saw Jinki’s eyes widened when his head came in view.

 

"Umm...my clothes?" Jonghyun asked, a blush creeping up from his neck.

 

A faint blush painted Jinki’s cheek too when he handed over Jonghyun his clothes.

 

Jonghyun walked out from behind the curtains fixing his hair.

 

"Thank you." Jonghyun said gaze landing on his shoes.

 

Jinki nodded. This Jonghyun was cute too.

 

"I won't tell anyone." Jinki added when he saw Jonghyun shift uneasily.

 

Jonghyun looked up at him and relief slowly drizzled on his features.

 

"You know you can always come to me when this happens, I even got the permission. " Jinki said with a grin.

 

"Thank you." A smile started on Jonghyun's lips at the intensity of Jinki's grin.

 

"Its just that...you see I do have control over my changing, but there are times when I can’t control it."

 

"And that is when?" Jinki asked.

 

"Uh when I'm either excited or scared.  God, you shouldn't have called out to me like that.  Scared the hell outta me." Jonghyun breathed.

 

Jinki grinned sheepishly at him, "Sorry."

 

Jonghyun nodded and moved to the door of the infirmary.

 

"So...I'll see you later then."

 

Jonghyun left with a smile, leaving Jinki waving awkwardly, smiling as well.

 

 

 

 


 

All the students settled down after greeting their maths sir. He walked in with a bundle of papers. They were their test sheets from last week. He started distributing them, occasionally scolding the ones who had done silly mistakes.

 

All through this Jinki felt uneasy. He could feel Jonghyun’s gaze boring into him and he shifted in his seat.

 

"Kim Jonghyun." Their teacher called out.

 

Jonghyun huffed his way to the front. He knew what was waiting him.

 

"What is this?" The teacher asked. "Do you even pay attention to what I'm teaching?"

 

He took his paper from him, his lips pulled into a pout. His gaze met with Jinki’s who raised an eyebrow at his over exaggerated pout.

 

Jonghyun walked back to his seat, passing by Jinki’s seat and showed him his paper secretly. Jinki couldn't help the smile that made way to his lips. Jonghyun was really bad at math.

 

"Jinki." Their teacher directed their attention towards him. "Tutor that idiot, won't you?"

 

Jinki looked at Jonghyun who was glaring at their teacher for calling him an idiot. "Okay sir." He said, smiling.

 

After class ended it was decided that Jinki would tutor Jonghyun at his home as the hostel that Jonghyun lived in was at a distance from the school, and anyways the hostel was closer compared to Jinki's house rather than the coffee shop they had first decided.

 

On the way Jinki kept pestering Jonghyun to change.  It had been a long while since he had played with a pup.

 

Jonghyun finally gave in when Jinki promised to take him out for a meal.

 

Jinki walked home with Jonghyun smugly settled in his arms, him occasionally.

 

Before he could sneak upstairs, his mother caught him.

 

Damn. Was all Jinki could think. His mother wasn't supposed to be home.

 

"What did I tell you about pets? Drop him back from where you picked him up." His mother said sternly.

 

"But mom." Jinki whined.

 

"No buts Jinki. I told you no pets."

 

"But he isn’t a pet!" Jinki exclaimed.

 

His mother eyed him for a few seconds, "Did you hit your head?"

 

Jinki sighed as he placed Jonghyun on the ground. Jonghyun immediately hid behind Jinki’s legs.

 

A few moments later he peaked out to only be greeted with a shriek.

 

Jinki wasn't sure about the shriek.  Was it because Jonghyun turned to his human form or was it because he was . He couldn’t tell, and hoped that it wasn't the latter cause it should be him shrieking about a Jonghyun.

 

He let out an exaggerated sigh. "Don't scare him mom!" And he picked up the small pup from the ground.

 

He explained the situation to his mother all the while soothingly Jonghyun to help him calm down.

 

As the hours passed Jinki’s mother sort of warmed up to Jonghyun even allowing him to sit on the couch.

 

Dinner time rolled on and Jinki’s mother called them to the kitchen. Jonghyun had still not changed.

 

The intensity at which Jonghyun’s tail wagged increased when Jinki's mother placed a bowl of milk in front of him.

 

In a jiffy all the milk was gone and he ran to Jinki's mother who was sitting on the couch. He took a risk and climbed onto her lap and her cheeks twice. Once in apology and once gratefully.

 

She picked up Jonghyun and cuddled him, all her hard feelings for him gone because of those big eyes and his cute little paws.

 

After Jinki was done eating he came and separated the cuddling pair and carried Jonghyun to his room. His mother protested at that. She wanted to have Jonghyun too. But Jinki couldn't risk that, what if Jonghyun turned back during the night?

 

After brushing his teeth and having a last minute revision before bed, Jinki settled down to sleep, Jonghyun tucked into his side.


 

In the morning Jonghyun found himself draped with Jinki. He had changed during the night. He couldn’t help the blush when Jinki shifted, his hand dragging across Jonghyun’s back. A few minutes later an alarm went off on the bed side table.

He felt Jinki’s groan reverberate against his own chest, making him squirm in Jinki’s hold.

 

Jinki cracked open an eyelid and found a very flushed looking Jonghyun staring back at him.

"Good morning." He said with a smile and pulled his human body pillow closer. He let out a soft oh when his hand rubbed against Jonghyun's .

 

A more audible oh left him when he became more aware of Jonghyun’s ness.  He got up immediately, apologized and ran to the bathroom.

 

When he came out he found Jonghyun sitting on the bed, wrapped in a comforter.

 

"Not going to school?" Jinki asked as he made way to his wardrobe on the other side of the room.

 

"I don't have a uniform." He said simply as he eyed every move of Jinki.

 

"Ah about that, Mom cleaned it. Here." Jinki turned around walking over with the uniform his mother had placed in the wardrobe last night. He ruffled Jonghyun’s hair. "Get ready fast we don't have much time." And he went downstairs for breakfast.

 

After a quick shower Jonghyun walked down. As soon as he came down Jinki’s mother fussed about him.

 

When she deemed that both of them had had a proper breakfast she let them leave.

 

Unfortunately for Jinki, Jonghyun didn't turn to his puppy self on the way to school. He drooped almost the whole day, missing the white fur, twinkling eyes, the soft paws and the squishy stomach he could tickle. Jonghyun stayed a good distance away, noticing the expectant gaze Jinki looked at him with. Jinki grew slightly angry when Jonghyun dodged his attempts to ask for his puppy self, and he slumped into his chair after one of his failed attempts, thinking how madder a puppy Jonghyun was making him.

 

The last class was Math and both of them finally remembered the purpose of meeting up at Jinki's place when it was announced that a test was going to be conducted in two days time. When school ended, an embarrassed and reluctant Jonghyun was forced by a cheery Jinki back to the latter’s house so that they would seriously study that night.

 

To make matters worse (better, maybe?), Jinki’s mom was not home and Jonghyun was on the edge watching Jinki cook them dinner. An awkwardly quiet meal later, Jinki propped open the Math textbook and ticked off a few problems for Jonghyun to do. Handing him the book, he got to his own homework. Half an hour later, he got up for some water and peeked into Jonghyun’s notebook discreetly only to find him doodling away or writing what seemed like song lyrics in the corner. He heaved a deep sigh and took the chair right beside Jonghyun’s, startling the younger boy. “This is why you fail, right?”

 

Jonghyun pouted, “Well, I don’t understand how to start in the first place.”

 

“You should have told me! I am your tutor, right?” Jinki pushed Jonghyun’s book towards himself and started writing down the formula while explaining to Jonghyun how he was supposed to use it. After a couple of times of explanation, Jonghyun was able to solve a few problems correctly and Jinki smiled to himself contentedly. “Okay, let’s call it a night.” He said, shutting all his books, even Jonghyun’s.

 

Jonghyun yawned and started packing up as well. He got up and slung his bag on his shoulder and muttered a soft goodnight before heading towards the door.

 

“Where you going?”

 

“Hostel?”

 

“It’s eleven. And tomorrow’s Sunday anyway.”

 

“So?”

 

“Stay?”

 

Jonghyun turned, nervousness shading his cheeks, “Your mom...”

 

“She won’t be back till tomorrow. A wedding out of town.” Jinki sighed, “But how is that a bother?”

 

“She is not home.” Jonghyun stated in a meek voice.

 

Jinki raised a brow, “Duh.”

 

“Gosh, you won’t understand.” Jonghyun turned back, “Bye!”

 

But before he could have reached the door, Jinki had caught hold of his arm, making him turn towards him, “You know…” He spoke in a soft voice, a smirk building on his face, “I understand very well.” And before Jonghyun knew it, Jinki’s lips were on his. Blinking away his shock, he savoured the softness that was molding on his pout and felt it grow passionate. He closed his eyes, feeling Jinki pull him nearer.

 

Jinki grew confident at Jonghyun’s willingness to the kiss and when he began to hold Jonghyun tighter, he felt the soft lips glued to his vanish. He blinked in haziness before peering down and finding white paws struggling within the uniform. He stared until the cute pup’s head popped out and when a soft apologetic whine met his ears, he began chuckling.

 

“Gosh.” Jinki picked Jonghyun up in the air and looked at him with feigned anger, “Idiot.” He broke out into chuckles yet again and held Jonghyun closer before heading upstairs, planning a revenge on the pup who turned into his furry self at such a crucial point.

 

Between a few tickles, pokes and whines, Jonghyun turned back into his human self, and Jinki sighed with relief, showering Jonghyun with soft kisses and making the boy blush oh-so-deeply, before he turned back into a pup again. Jinki pouted when that happened, and he scolded Jonghyun to not be so over-excited, but in the end added softly that it was fine, and he would help him work on changing forms when at such points of time. Jonghyun made a soft muffled noise of agreement against Jinki’s chest, where he had settled, and Jinki patted his head, before pulling the blanket over them. Before Jinki drifted off to sleep, he realised that a squishy blonde boy made him far more madder than a cute white pup.

 

 

 


 

“No, don’t kiss me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“We got school today!”

 

“We don’t. It’s summer break.”

 

“No, Jinki, no!”

 

“Hehe.”

 

A few short moments of silence and out ran a white pup from Jinki’s room, growling in embarrassment while a smirking shirtless Jinki followed him, “You can’t get away from me, you know! I know you purpose!”

 

Soft angry barks were heard from the living room and Jinki snickered, heading towards them to get yet another little revenge on the boy who escaped their love session yet again.

 

He chased the puppy around the house, turned the house into a mess and when he finally caught up with the pup who had turned into a boy somewhere at the end, he picked him up and turned the sheets into a mess.

 

Jonghyun was still miffed at Jinki, but Jinki liked Jonghyun’s puffed up face. Kissing his inflated cheeks and tickling the boy to make him finally smile, Jinki sighed in blissfulness.

 

Puppy or not, Kim Jonghyun as a whole, made him the maddest.

 

 

 

 

 



 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N:
Something that I wanted to write and finally it's out of my system!!^^"
Hope you all liked it xD
Special thanks to my lovely beta, you know who you are ♥