1

Run ( Hiatus)

The sun was up, another morning had came. It was Monday. Monday means school.

Who hates Monday? Who likes Monday?

Well, this one particular girl, named Maya, surely hated the day because she groaned as soon as she opened her eyes.

“School’s up” she whispered to herself and sighed.

She brought herself off the bed, fixed it nicely before she dragged herself to the bathroom to freshen herself up. When she was done, she put on her school uniform, dried her hairs and fixed it, making sure that her long bangs slightly covered her face. She had never tied it up, because she was afraid. Afraid of what she would see once she looked around her.

Everyone had never shown her hospitality in school. What they had put her on everyday was terrifying already. And to look at how they look at her was a big NO.

Human eyes were the greatest weapon. They were terrifying, more than anything. Words hurts, but eyes could kill.

The last time she was forced to see their faces, she couldn’t sleep for days, her eyes were bleeding and it was painful. They had casted a torturing spell on her, with their very own demonic eyes.

They were the children of the devil. “We just wanted to try out our new power,” was their reasons.

Such a dark hearts they had.

Looking into the mirror, she looked at her reflection. She traced her own figure before she looked into her own eyes. It was red now, because she was sad. She sighed and closed her eyes. She tried hard to calm herself down and breathed in and out until she felt better.

She then opened her eyes. It was back to its original colour now. Goldy brown eyes.

Girls hated her because she have a pair of the most beautiful eyes. But then again, that’s it.

She grabbed a black hoodie from the hanger and wrapped it on her body. She pulled the hoodie up to cover her head, purposely fixed it to cover half of her face.

And now, she’s done.

......................

She walked along the hallway, looking down on the floor while hugging her book tightly above her chest. By now, she knew everyone was staring at her.

Everyone was loudly whispering about her. “Nice hoodie you got there, loser!” someone said and soon someone poured a big amount of red juice on her, wetting her hoodie and her hairs.

She stopped on the track as she began to panic. She was shaking out of fears and everyone could see it. They laughed at her.

“Oh, look at that. Is she crying? Let’s look at her tears. Probably they got colours too,” the same voice hollered, causing everyone to cooee in excitement.

“Yeah, make her show us!” another voice hollered.

The girl beginning to wiggle around when a few male students held her hands while the other person tried to lift her face. And they did, but she closed her eyes, barely on time. Her breaths became heavy. She was afraid.

The person who held her chin scoffed. “This is boring. She’s not crying,”

Another hand touched her face and began to pull down the hoodie and swatted her hairs off her face.

Then the voices quieted down for a while. Her breath hitched. *What is happening?What now!*

“You know, for someone as worthless like you, you have a very beautiful face,” the person said.

She held her breath at the statement.

“Oh come on! How is that pretty?” a female voice interupted out of annoyance. That was then everyone released her. She quickly fixed her hairs and hoodie back to their usual places.

After that, she pushed her way out of the crowd and ran to the nearby restroom.

The group of bullies were staring at her retreating figure intently. When she was out of the picture, they began to disperse, making their ways to their respected classes. But there was a particular person who had not making a move, causing his friends to look at him.

“Yah, Jungkook-ah, what are you waiting for?”

The said boy turned to his friend and glanced back towards the direction she had disappeared to.

“Jimin-ah, what is her name?” Jungkook suddenly inquired.

Jimin pondered for a while, looking blank and lost. “I don’t know. Why do you want to know?”

Jungkook shook his head, amused. “Years of bullying her and you don’t know her name?”

“Everyone calls her loser since like forever, so yeah. Besides, would it makes any different if we know of her name now?”

Jungkook smirked. “Well, maybe it’s time we know what her name is,” he said and patted on his friend’s shoulder.

Jimin made a face. “For what tho?” he muttered, audible only to himself.

.....................

The day passed by ever so slowly. The bullying continued during lunch break. Someone spilled their drinks on her desk, purposely and hid her stuffs somewhere in the school. It took her the whole afternoon to look for it, causing her to miss out another lunch break. Same old, same old. Hunger was no longer her problem now. She was used to it already.

A group of girls cornered her in the restroom and beat her up, leaving a few gashes of burn on her skin. As usual, they would say that it was just a practice, to test out their new abilities.

When it was the power training class, she had begged the teachers to not let her participate in it, but the teachers were no different. They even threatened her if she didn’t participate. What to expect? They belonged to the society.

Nobody wanted to help her.

And that was why she became the sole target during the whole session. Everyone was aiming their powers onto her. She ran, but she weren’t that fit. When she fell, those powers attacked her. She was bleeding, bruises was everywhere. When she was nearly fainted, then the teacher told the students to stop.

“You should have tried to reflect their powers!” the teacher yelled at her.

But she was powerless. She couldn’t do anything and they knew it.

But she never had shed a tear. Not a surprise. She never cry. Her eyes turned red when she was sad. But that’s it. No tears and whatsoever.

That was one of the reason why everyone kept on torturing her. They wanted to see her tears. They wanted to see the wonders it could have been.

But she was just too afraid to even remember how to cry. Did she ever cry? She didn’t remember herself.

Nobody would tell her either.

She was abandoned by her family for quite some time now. Eversince she turned 13.

“You don’t belong to us anymore! We have waited for a year and nothing has change. You are still powerless as . You are such an embarassing creature!”

But she was their child.

A women in long, white coat approached her weak body and put her hands above her chest, not touching it. A bright light came out of her palms and soon, all of the bruises and burns on her skin dissappeared. No traces.

The woman then smirked, but went unnoticed by her since she refused to show her face. And just like that, the woman left.

It had always been like that. They beaten her up, then healed her. The next day they would beat her up again and healed her. There goes the cycles.

That woman was a healer, but that didn’t make her any different then the rest. She healed her, yes, she did. But not all of it. She only get rid of those bruises, mended the broken ribs and bones, but at the end of all that, she didn’t took away all the pain. She left some of it behind. Indeed she healed her, but she purposely left the pain there to linger within her for much longer.

Have you ever feel the pain when there was not even a single of scratch visible on your skin and you couldn’t do anything about it?

It was painful. She was just a girl and the world was so cruel towards her.

But then again, it wasn’t her first time to deal with all that. She had basically living with it her whole life and yet.., she had never shed even a tear.

“Class is dismissed!” a teacher announced. She heaved a heavy sighed. She was relieved. The torture for the day had finally came to an end.

With  heavy steps and painful expression etched on her face, she walked home.

Her eyes glowed red, and without knowing it herself, the colour had turned darker than the usual red she have had.

That night when she was asleep, dark auras surrounded her. She had never realised it before, but actually those auras had always visited her whenever she was asleep. Strange thing was that, usually they would be dancing around her, silently, as if to care for her. But that night, the aura was not dancing. They were wild, they were still and they were huge. Her whole house were practically drown in the darkness. Heavy rain began to wildly poured down the earth. Wind blew strong and furious. Sharp noices of thunders shook the ground while the lightning dangerously sliced the sky.

But she laid still in her bed, deep in her sleep, completely unaware of the wild phenomenon outside. Those auras then began to enter her body, very fast and furious. While it happened, her breaths hitched to a stop. Her body stiffened and became cold as ice. The bed was floating in the air. When all of those auras had fully entered her body, then her eyes suddenly opened up wide, revealing her pitch dark pupils. And that was when she gasped loudly and began to scream, out loud.

Too loud.

Her every nerves was visible on her skin and they were black. Her hair grown longer, her skin became paler. Her figure was changing, that’s what happening to her at the moment. After a while, she stopped screaming and her eyes went back to its normal colours and then they were shut close just like before. The bed fell down to the ground, the rain had stopped, thunders and lightning were now gone. The wind danced softly in the air and the night had once again fallen to its silence. But it was more quiet than usual.

While she..was asleep soundly on her bed like any of those had never happen at all.

That night, was the night that she turned 18. Nobody knew that, not even herself.