"I want you to be brighter than sunshine."

괜찮아, 사랑둥이야 (It's Okay, You're Lovely)

why did you guys think that this story's gonna be angst? lolololol. anyway, it's supposed to be updated on the 25th but s happened. i wasn't lying when i said i made it to celebrate minseok's 8888th day so yaaay \o/ stay healthy and y, dear oppar.

sorry my vocabularies got weird, my head has become currently a mess.


 

"So I just got a packet from Beijing yesterday."

Minseok quickly downs a few gulps of water, trying to clear up his breathing channel from mislead food before croaking a weak 'what?'

"Apparently it was a set of bracelets," his mother continues nonchalantly, not minding her son who just passed near-death experience. "And they're so pretty! Luhan has a nice taste, Minseok-ah."

The young guy holds himself from rolling his eyes over his mother's statement (it's rude, y'know) and chooses to play with his tempura instead. His sister sitting next to him just giggles lowly and nods cheerfully, "Yes mom, Luhan oppa is a good son-in-law, don't you think?"

This time, Minseok feels fortunate that he isn't drinking anything or he would've spit it out to his father's face. His mother and sister must've been on drugs. Where the hell do his quiet family go? "Mom!" he whines manly. "This is not funny!"

"But he's really a good boy, Minseok-ah," his father eventually joins the banter within his family. Not that I never know of, Minseok retorts in his mind. "He said he missed us, your grandma, too."

He also knows that the Beijing boy calls his mother at times or just sends her messages to ask about her wellbeings as well as her other family members'. "Yeah, grandma has been asking me, 'when will you bring your pretty girlfriend again?' and I needed three seconds to realize who she was talking about," the young guy mutters while stabbing the poor fried laver with his fork. Just in time, he feels his phone vibrating and he fishes it out of his jacket pocket to see Luhan's Kakaotalk chat on the screen.

 

Minseok-ah, I'm coming home.

 

Only when his sister giggles not so subtly does he realize that his lips have formed a smile unconsciously. "What did Luhan oppa say, oppa?" she whispers loudly for their mother to hear, and the middle-aged woman's reaction doesn't disappoint her.

Knowing that his attempt to outright deny the fact will go futile, Minseok places his phone on the table and sighs, "He said he's coming home. Apparently his filming has wrapped up today."

"Tell him we want to meet him!" his mother says excitedly. "Oh, oh. I think I can video call him right now. Wait, I think I saved his number already..."

all politeness and courtesy he's learned since born, Minseok scrambles to snatch his mother's phone from her hand because no way she video calls with Luhan in public places! "No, mom. Sorry. I'll tell him you guys want to meet him soon, though." He ignores his mom's grumbles about 'possessive lover' and 'my baby son-in-law' and pretends he doesn't hear his sister's gleeful laugh as he replies a certain Beijing boy's chat message.

 

What the hell did you do to my family

???

They're going crazy over you

And you're not?

Forget I ever talked to you

Minseok-ah I'm just kidding!

 

 

*

 

 

To be honest, it's always in Minseok's mind to wonder what made Luhan attach to him from the first place. They first met in SM's canteen, having lunch in the big hall and the newbie just sat on the table across his, gazed fixed onto him so intense he could barely gulped down his meal peacefully at that time. Later he learned the newbie's name was Luhan, and due to being in the same room for the same dance lesson, they finally got to know each other properly. Being a foreign student with few friends, Luhan got attached with Minseok almost instantly; following him everywhere in the company building until in his social activities as well. The other guy apparently has some skill in soccer and Minseok was more than welcome to invite him to play together after practices.

That was five years ago, and they're nearly inseparable ever since, and Minseok more than often wonders what in him that never grows Luhan tired. Like when he plays soccer with Luhan, goes to cafes with Luhan, or just has the slightly younger guy in his arms. Like now.

"You smell so good, Minseok-ah, I missed your smell," Luhan rubs his nose to Minseok's nape slowly while inhaling the other guy's natural scent. He's more of a baby than a grown up man, Minseok muses, to the extent that they often gain weird stares for people around them. He gives no to what people think, apparently so, and he has no intention to lessen his PDA anytime soon. He's been especially touchy when they were separated because of his filming schedule and now that it finally ended, his feelings come back with full force. "Did you miss me?"

Minseok wants to say no just to tick Luhan off but his lover's pitiful stare makes him do the otherwise. He dives closer and gives an eskimo kiss softly, "Of course I did, Luhan-ah."

"What did you do when I wasn't here?" he asks lowly. "Did you sulk? Because I did."

"I went out and read the drama's script. I also went shopping with Jongdae," Minseok lists off his previous schedules while rocking Luhan's body softly. "Is acting hard?"

"You've acted in a music video before, you know the drill already."

"But it's different," Minseok exhales. "For that MV, I acted and listened to the director's guidance and they released it, for then I read the critics about my acting. But for acting in dramas... I need to read people's opinion per episode and while it helps me to develop, at the same it's burdening. What if I ?"

"You won't," Luhan hugs Minseok's waist tighter. "Because if there's someone in the group who in acting that would be me, and I still landed on acting field, didn't I? You will do good because you're Kim Minseok."

"Why would I be good just because it's me?"

"Because you're perfect."

"God just go away," Minseok pushes his lover away only to make Luhan hugs him even tighter. Trust that deer boy to make him shrivel in embarrassment because of corny love lines.

 

 

*

 

 

If anyone asks him the reason, Luhan will have nothing to say about why he's so smitten with Minseok. The other guy had captured his attention since day one, but even until now he doesn't know what made him enticed to him. Was it his smile? Or maybe his wrinkled eyes when he laughed in the canteen at that time? Either way, everything he did made Luhan scream 'cute!' internally and want to befriend him. They turned out to be in the same dance lesson and the rest story becomes history. He even lied to their manager saying that Minseok actually wanted to be in M side while he was originally assigned to K, but it was the lady of luck who took a pity on his desperate attempt that the certain Korean guy complied easily when being told that he would be in M instead.

He likes Minseok, he really really likes Minseok, to the extent that 'like' is an understatement for what he's been feeling for the other guy, and it's still a wonder that they now become boyfriends after he smothered Minseok with his affections in the past years.

"I think Minseok hyung will like that blue bunny," Sehun comments while standing next to the pondering guy. "He's a er for cute stuffs."

"That's why he's been dating me," Luhan counters absentmindedly with no intention to sound smug at all, still holding the green frog keychain. "I think this one is cuter, though."

"You really like him, huh?" Sehun smiles earnestly to the other guy, glad to see a healthy relationship between his favorite older brothers.

"It's his first challenge, Sehun-ah, and I want to wish him good luck," he replies just before he finds a tiger plushie keychain. "Oh, oh tiger! It's perfect. It totally represents him. Okay I'll take this one."

Sehun can only laugh at his hyung's action; sometimes, the manly Luhan can turn into a giggly high school girl without his conscience when it comes to a certain mandoo-like boy.

 

 

*

 

 

To say that he's nervous is putting it lightly; he keeps bouncing his legs while sitting, fingers playing with his nails just so he won't bite them unconsciously. The staffs and casts have told them not to be nervous and he would do just fine, but he just cannot calm down. If this keeps going on he will really ruin the scene and that's not something he wishes to happen.

He fumbles into backpack to find his earphones; music has always been his remedy during bad days: sadness, disappoinment, anxiety. One thing only EXO members know is that he likes to collect their self-composed and cover songs and compile them into one playlist. Most of them are Chanyeol's and Yixing's, but there are also Baekhyun's and Jongdae's, even Jongin's. But his favorites are of course Luhan's. The slightly younger guy especially sent him a voice clip of him singing during filming break, claiming that he played the guitar by himself while singing the sweet tune.

 

Don't argue, because in the end everything will be of your favor

Don't argue, because I will not tell you to hurry

 

His Korean isn't perfect but it's his earnest feeling poured into his singing that makes the song perfect. Maybe it's his way to soothe Minseok's anxiety away, maybe it's just him to console his lover that he will support him to wherever he sets his path to. His affection is palpable to the extent that Minseok can feel his body warming up as the song carries on.

 

I want you to be brighter than sunshine

I want you to be brighter than sunshine

 

"--seok sshi?"

"Yes?" Minseok jolts on his seat when someone taps his shoulder lightly. He didn't hear that staff earlier, so he stands up to face him. "What is it..?"

"There's a present sent for you," he smiles and gives Minseok a small bag. "From your biggest fan."

"Wait, wait please," Minseok is certain that no one knows he's filming a drama that evening, so that fan could be a sasaeng. He needs someone as a witness to open the small package. He eventually does and looks into the bag, before looking back to the staff, "Did the person inform you their name?"

"He was," the staffs smiles even wider. "He said he's called jageun saseum."*

Minseok thanks the staff before dashing out of the scene, looking around to find the gift sender. He finds Luhan leaning against a tree in the park, white smoke puffing from his mouth although it's in the middle of summer. The season has been messed up recently. "Hey," he jogs closer to the other guy and stops right in front of him. "Hey," he calls again, firmer this time.

"Hey yourself," answers Luhan lightly. "Do you like it?"

"Love it," Minseok smiles while dangling the keychain on his fingers. "Now you make my lucky charm look lame and insignificant."

"Of course not," Luhan shows his lover the small deer sticker at the corner of his phone. "It's really really cute. Just like you. It reminds me of you."

"Shut it," the mandoo boy mock punches to Luhan's chest.

"Are you nervous?" Luhan reaches for Minseok's hands and holds them, caressing the back of them with his thumbs tenderly. They're soft as always, slightly clammy because of the anxiety. "Don't be," he tugs the hands to make Minseok step closer. "You'll be fine. The director will guide you, the seniors will love you because you're so polite and so willing to learn. You'll be okay, and I will watch you and be proud of you."

"Why are you being extra cheesy today?" Minseok chuckles, hiding how delighted he is hearing Luhan's words. It's cute. "But you haven't watched me before. What if I ?"

"It's okay, because you're lovely."

"Did you just use Kyungsoo's drama title?"

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello, my name is Luhan. It's nice to see you."

This is Wide News camera to record behind the scene. Luhan sshi, what are you doing here in the filming site?

"I come here to support Minseokkie~"

​Supporting Minseok sshi?

"Yes, it's his first challenge in acting in a drama, and he seemed nervous earlier so I came to give him some support. Everyone, please support Minseok too! Thank you~"

 


 

*작은 사슴: little deer

1. Tiger represents Minseok because his mother got a dream of a tiger raising a flag on Mt.Baektu when she was bearing him

2. The song is Nell's Sunshine

3. This story gets really cheesy idk I just want to die in mortification

4. Thank you for reading, you guys are the best