What He Didn't Know

너라고 Neorago
CLUELESS

"I dont need anyone else, it's only you to me
Even if you ask again, it's only you to me
Even if you have another love already
I can't forget you, I can't turn back"

Lee Donghae didn’t know how stupid he actually was before.

Stupid enough to overlook the fact that there is someone out there who loves him more than anything else in this world. Of course, his eyes were still set on a certain Ice Princess to actually notice a certain doe-eyed girl’s affection for him.

When they were still trainees, Donghae already fancied Jessica and decided to pursue her then. He didn’t know that he is already hurting someone through his actions. Well of course her wouldn’t know about it (and her two-year old crush on him, the fishy really has the brains of a fish sometimes); Yoona is a great actress and the ability to hide and mask her true emotions had come in  handy in real life, so when Jessica finally agreed to become his girlfriend just before Super Junior debuted, he didn’t know that behind the smiles and best wishes Yoona gave them is a broken heart and the desire to be in her unnie’s place.

 

 

There was a time back when Super Junior just debuted and was still busy promoting (when Leeteuk ate lunch with him in the practice room instead of eating in the canteen with the other members) that his leader asked him something so abruptly.

“What about Yoong?” Leeteuk casually asked.

“Mwo? What about her?” Donghae asked, his chopsticks hanging suspended in mid-air at the spontaneity of the question.

“. . . what do you think of my favourite dongsaengie? I mean, all the other trainees thought that she's the one you're dating instead of Sooyeon,” Leeteuk continued, glancing at him momentarily before downing his water bottle.

As if a switch has been flipped, Donghae began to move again. “Ohh,” he mused out loud, “Yoona’s just like a sister to me, Teuk-hyung, and a dear friend. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Leeteuk nodded. He wanted to clear any misunderstanding and even though he’s satisfied with fishy’s answer, he couldn’t help but feel a small prick of sympathy towards Yoona , after all, he is her best friend and he is the first one to know about her crush on him.

What Donghae didn’t know is that from outside the practice room, a doe-eyed girl carefully pried her ear off the door and walked away with a heavy heart.

 

 

How Donghae knew of Yoona’s feelings for him is quite ironic.

Super Junior had just finished another session of one of their late night practices and everyone is dead on their feet as they packed up their things.

“Donghae-ah, c’mon, they’re waiting for us downstairs,” Eunhyuk said as he leaned against the wall, his eyelids threatening to close any minute.

“Hyukkie, you should go first. I’ll come down in a minute,” Donghae replied as he tossed his bag over his shoulder. Eunhyuk didn’t even bother to argue and just absently nodded, giving a huge yawn before closing the door behind him.

Donghae walked slowly down the corridor as he searched for the nearest CR. Where was it again? Wow, the lack of sleep and all those hours spent practicing nonstop must have affected his brain.

“Ah, mwuyah!”

He stopped in his tracks and turned his head this way and that. Could it be that there are still some who stayed in until this hour for practices, too?

“Unnie, why are you asking me that at such a time?”

“Yah Yoona, Taengoo and I are just worried for you!”

Is that . . . ?

“Yoona, please answer us. You know we care about you, right?”

Donghae silently made his way to the door of one of the practice rooms. The doors in SMEnt are made of textured glass and he could see three silhouettes against it. And judging by their earlier conversation, he could just guess that the trio are Yoona, Sooyoung and Taeyeon. He supposed they’re still practicing hard, after all, the trio together with six other girls would debut in a few weeks.

Aish, Lee Donghae what are you doing? It’s not good to eavesdrop!

However, what he hears next sent him disregarding his previous thoughts.

“Unnie, I'm really alright. I’m happy for both Sica-unnie and Donghae-oppa.”

Donghae’s eyes narrowed a bit. He understood that she’s talking about their relationship but there is something about the way she said them that made him think there’s more to it than he knows.

“Yoong . . . don’t you feel awkward with Sooyeon? I mean, isn’t it hard to interact with her since . . . you know,” Sooyoung asked softly, the question lingering in the air.

“Ahh, aniya, aniya!” Yoona laughed, “I can never hate her, and I don’t feel any grudge against her.  Maybe sometimes, it hurts me . . . who am I kidding, of course it hurts, I'm human too. But Sooyeon-unnie’s such a good unnie to me and I can't bear to hold any ill feelings towards her, especially now that we're debuting in the same group.”

“Ahh, our Yoongie’s so kind-hearted,” Taeyeon sighed as he saw her hug her dongsaeng close.

“Yoona-ah,” Sooyoung whispered as she joined in on the group hug.

“Does this mean . . . you’re letting him go?” Taeyeon asked as she broke away from the hug abruptly, as if emphasizing her point.

Him? But they’re only talking about Sooyeon and . . .

Through the small space between the door and the doorframe, Donghae saw Yoona’s smile slip down a bit, into something smaller. “. . . Ne. There’s nothing I can do anymore, anyway, unnie. It’s my fault that I didn’t get to stop this silly little crush from developing into something more." at that, Yoona gave a weak laugh, before her voice grew smaller and softer as she uttered the next sentences, "As much as it pains me to see them both together, I want Sooyeon-unnie and Hae-oppa to be happy. I would do everything in my power just to keep the one I love happy, even if it means letting him go. . .”

Donghae has heard enough. He immediately started to back off the door silently, and deftly walked through the corridors, forgetting that he needed to go to the restroom for a moment. The revelation shocked him so much he didn’t even realize he was shaking until Heechul pointed it out.

I would do everything in my power just to keep the one I love happy, even if it means letting him go . . .

Damn. Yoona’s in love with him.

 

 

For the next few days and weeks after that incident, he felt restless. There are so many things plaguing his mind, especially that indirect confession he heard (stupid, stupid, I knew I shouldn't have listened . . .) and he suddenly felt awkward around a certain doe-eyed beauty.

The nine girls they trained and socialized with actually got to debut, and were officially known as So Nyuh Shi Dae or SNSD. Everyone felt happy for them and the fact that Jessica can't even call him regularly is a proof that their group is busily and successfully promoting across the country.

He sighed for the nth time as he leaned back on the chair, his fingers playing with his cell phone as he stared at the reflection of s chatting with each other in the dressing room for Music Bank. Truth be told he didn't know how to react around her ever since that incident. What if she wanted something more? No no no, that couldn't be, she herself said that she wanted him and Sooyeon (Jessica, she's SNSD's Jessica now) to be happy so she wouldn't be doing anything that might harm his relationship with her unnie, woudn't she? And she is his friend, a close friend in fact, woudn't it be weird if he continued acting like this and avoiding her? And is he really that dense? How could he not see it before?

"Annyeong hasseyo!" female voices rang across the room and Donghae looked up to see SNSD walking inside.

"Ahh, So Nyuh Shi Dae!" Kangin called out as they all stood up to greet them, and he went up as well. Jessica approached him not long after and began to talk to him but Fishy just had a lot of thoughts running in his mind to actually respond properly.

"Oppa, are you alright?" Jessica asked him.

"I'm fine. I'm just feeling tired, Sica-ah," Donghae smiled reassuringly and his girlfriend eyed him worriedly before sighing and giving an understanding nod. Sometimes it was hard to imagine that his girlfriend is the so-called Ice Princess.

"Super Junior, you're up next!" one of the staffs poked his head into the room and Super Junior immediately straightened themselves up as they began to walk out.

"Super Junior oppa-deul, fighting!" the girls all said, and Leeteuk ruffled their heads in return.

"Leeteukkie-yah, jjang! Yesung-oppa, do your best! Kangin-oppa, go, go, go! Heechullie-oppa, go conquer the stage! Eunhyuk-oppa, hwaiting! Shindong-oppa, hwaiting!" he heard a familiar voice shout out to every Super Junior member who passed by her and Shindong's large frame in front of him suddenly became much clearer.

"Donghae-oppa, fighting!" Yoona said, grinning at him with her fists in the air before turning to Siwon who walked behind him. The Fishy SuJu member blinked. And then his lips slowly began to curve the beginnings of a smile.

Nothing had changed. They are still friends after all.

 

 

"Donghae-oppa, I-I am sorry but . . . I-I. . ."

"What is it, Sooyeonnie? Is there something wrong? Does your soup still have some cucumber in it? Wait a minute, I'll ju-"

"I-I think we should break up."

Donghae tried to steady himself as he walked blindly in the corridor. Jessica just broke up with him and she, she, must be the reason why they did.

"Omo . . . Donghae-oppa, you're still here?" a voice brought him from his thoughts and he looked up to see familiar, innocent doe eyes looking up at him. Innocent? INNOCENT?! 

He caught hold of Yoona's wrist and dragged her to the nearest empty practice room. 

"O-opp- Donghae-sshi!" Yoona gasped as she stumbled into the practice room, Donghae facing her as soon as he shut the door.

"You. It's all your fault!" he shouted before he could shut his mouth. He couldn't contain the hurt, helplessness and anger inside him that he couldn't even think rationally.

"Mwo? Me? Have I done something wrong?" she asked, looking at him with confused eyes that irritated him. He's so sure, he's sure she's the reason why!

"Don't act like you don't know anything. I know you have a crush on me, Yoona. I heard you that night months ago when you're with Sooyoung and Taeyeon," he hissed.

At first, SNSD's Visual looked confused, trying to remember. And then her eyes widened as she gaped at him in disbelief. "You . . . you heard me? You know about that?"

Donghae snorted as he ruffled his hair in frustration. "You heard me, right? Now don't act all innocent and just tell me what you did to Sooyeon!"

"Mworagu? Yah, I really don't know what you're talking about. What did I do to Sica-unnie?" Yoona asked, her patience thinning as well. Then Donghae grabbed her by the shoulders as he spoke up.

"You! You're the reason why we broke up! You said you would do anything just to make me happy but what did you do? You broke us apart!"

There was a sickening sound that reverbrated through the room and Donghae softly touched the side of his face where Yoona's palm collided with his cheek. 

Damn, Yoona's strenght should never be underestimated.

"How dare you."

He slowly looked up to see Yoona glaring at him, her once gentle orbs now filled with anger, hurt and betrayal as she clenched her fists by her side. 

"How dare you accuse me of doing such a thing? You of all people should know that I always, always keep my word, Donghae-sshi. And you of all people should know how much I love my members!" she yelled, her voice getting a pitch higher than usual, "Don't you know how much it pains me just to see the two of you laughing and having fun together? But I can bear it! After all, Sica-unnie's the reason why you're happy, am I right? So tell me why the hell I would take your happiness away from you when it's okay for me to let you go, just to see you smiling?!"

It was the first time he heard her swore like that.

"I'm sorry to say but you're very, very much mistaken," she hissed sarcastically. Then she pursed her lips, before letting out a dry chuckle as she quickly wiped away a traitorous tear.

"You look pathetic, you know that? If you want to blame someone, don't blame me. Because even if it hurts so much, I did everything I could just to protect your relationship with my unnie. I disregarded my own feelings just to keep on seeing that smile on your face. Y-You have no right to shout in my face like that. Do you know how I feel? At all?"

Donghae was silent the entire time.

Then she raised her hands in the air as if in defeat as she bitterly smiled. "I can't believe this. I can't ing believe this."

She momentarily turned her back on him as she held a hand over to compose herself and hold back the sobs threatening to spill from . Then she turned back around and towards the door.

"Anything else you want to accuse me of doing?" she asked casually, though he could hear the undercurrent of pain in her words.

"None?" she asked when Donghae didn't answer.

"Alright then, I'll be going now," she sighed, but stopped just as she was passing the threshold, "One more thing: just to remind you, you already broke two hearts in So Nyuh Shi Dae, Donghae-sshi. Break one more and I'll break your face."

She said that in a humorous manner but Donghae knew better, Yoona is a great actress of her own right, after all.

And then she heard the door shut loudly.

Somehow, he thought as he held an ice pack over his cheek later that night, her words stung more than the slap she gave him.

 

 

It has been 4 months since that day in the practice room, and 4 months since they last spoke to each other.

With SNSD’s Gee promotions in January and Super Junior’s Sorry Sorry promotions in March, both groups are expected to run into each other lots of times. It wouldn’t have been unusual, if not for the sudden tension and coldness visible between the groups’ resident Deer and Fish, which did not go unnoticed by both groups.

He and Jessica also settled their differences. She herself took the time to meet with him and clarify things upon their break-up and now the wounds in his heart are slowly healing. Of course just seeing her again made his heart ache so much but he understood now, and they both went of their separate ways in peace. Well . . . save for that one comment Jessica made before she left.

"Oh, and Donghae-yah?" she said, turning back to him with a small smile but with a deadly glint in her eye, "don't think I didn't know what you did to my favorite dongsaeng. You better go and apologize to her."

The couch suddenly dipped due to a weight settling down and Donghae looked to his side to his leader sitting down beside him.

“So,” he began as he grabbed the remote control beside fishy and began scrolling through the channels, “when are you going to apologize to Yoona?”

Donghae looked at his hyung’s hands for a moment before sighing as he leaned back on the couch. The day after their confrontation in the practice room, another fist almost came in contact with his face, this time, it's Leeteuk's. Well, almost. Super Junior's leader could've done something more serious than a hard push to the chest and an earful of scolding if Heechul and Kangin weren't able to hold him back. The two, on the other hand, resorted to giving him an hour-long screaming, nagging and scolding session instead of berating him the violent way (and the other members . . . well, they gave him disapproving words as well as pieces of advice). Well, he couldn’t blame them, he deserved it. He’s out of sorts that day and everything he said was due to his emotions unstably rolling inside him like one huge stormy sea, and only after Leeteuk's hit on him did he realize how much of an he was to her that day. Heck, he even wanted to punch himself.

“. . . I don't know, hyung," he muttered as he the long fringes hanging over his eyes.

“It’s been four months, Hae, four months. I know Yoong needed space and all but, it’s been too long. If you wouldn't be able to apologize soon, you might not be able to repair your friendship properly again. Sooner or later, you needed to confront her,” his hyung replied, his fingers finally pausing on the buttons as he turned to look at his dongsaeng. 

"Alright, I will soon," Donghae sighed. He did want to apologize to her, so bad. But the problem is, he didn't know when or how. Whenever their groups meet up during music shows for performances, Yoona wouldn't even talk to him and would always sit by her unnies or Leeteuk, Ryeowook, Yesung and the other members, after all, she is the closest SNSD member to Super Junior. And when she would talk to him (oh, the occurences are rare, alright. He could count those times on his fingers) it would always be short and very formal.

"Donghae-sshi, Siwonnie-oppa, Heechullie-oppa and Wookie-oppa told me to tell you that they're by the canteen if ever you're looking for them." she had said that one time he was looking for s since they had a meeting with Soo Man seonsaengnim.

"Ahh, I get it. You don't know how, do you?" Leeteuk's high pitched laugh filled the room as Donghae gaped at him in amazement. How did his hyung . . . ? Ah, right. He shouldn't be surprised, after all, he is one of his closest hyungs.

"Yah, Donghae-ah, you just have to be very sincere with your apology. I know Yoong, it might be hard to forgive," at that, Leeteuk gave him a pointed look, "but she will, trust me. Just make sure that you'll never do it again and that you mean your apology. And you know Yoong loves surprises."

At that, Donghae gave a small smile as they both turned to the television. That's true, two years ago, they gave Yoona a surprise birthday party for her 18th birthday. It was the night before her birthday, only a few minutes before she turns 18 and since SNSD is already on the walks to fame, they along with Super Junior, have become very busy. After their late-night practice, Leeteuk casually asked her to walk with him to the rooftop of the building like they always do during their trainee days, and one can just imagine her suprise when she saw that Super Junior, SNSD, DBSK, a few trainees, and even BoA greeted her once she opened the door to the rooftop.

His smile slowly widened as a plan slowly but detailedly began to form in his mind.

Surprises, huh?

"Hyung, can I ask you a favor?" Donghae asked, turning to Leeteuk, who grinned in response. 

"Thought you'd never ask."

 

 

How Donghae apologized to Yoona is somewhat special.

He learned from Sooyoung (with much pleading and persuasion, mind you) that Yoona always sneaks in at SMEnt. Building at night to catch some few hours of practice, since her filming schedule for Cinderella Man didn't allow her that much practice time. So one night, he drove to the SM Building (okay, so Siwon drove him there) early while he prepared up in one of the practice rooms.

When Yoona dropped by an hour later, Leeteuk caught up with her to chat for a bit, then told her to go to the 4th practice room in the 3rd floor before he went out of the building with Siwon. Having no suspicions, Yoona simply thought that Leeteuk is being caring and thoughtful as always so she hurried to the practice room without any second thoughts. She did not expect that she would encounter something like this, though.

As soon as he saw the doorknob turn through the mirrored wall in front of him, Donghae jumped back around as a song began to blare through the speakers.

 

"Sorry sorry sorry sorry

Yoona, Yoona, Yoona,

Yoong jebal nal yong seo hae jwo*

jeongmal jeongmal jeongmal mianhaeyo"

 

Yoona stopped in her tracks as soon as she entered the room, gaping at the sight of a Rilakkuma mascot dancing to Super Junior's Sorry Sorry. But the catch is, it's not really Super Junior's Sorry Sorry. With the help of his hyungs and dongsaengs, he managed to get a Rilakkuma mascot and recorded his own version of their hit song, changing the lyrics to that of him asking for her forgiveness.

Through the Rilakkuma's eyes, Donghae saw Yoona's jaw drop, before a smile slowly grew on her face. Then as he continued dancing exaggeratedly and comically, her smile blossomed into a full blown laugh.

"Ah, kyeopta!" she squealed as her signature alligaor laugh showed despite herself.

As the song came into an end, Donghae pulled off the Rilakkuma head and shook his head a bit, a sheen of sweat gracing his handsome, dinosaur-like features as he gave a smile to Yoona. She straightened up as he slowly approached her, stopping just in front of her as he held her hands. Yoona jumped back a bit at the sudden skinship but Donghae kept his hold on her as he looked straight into her eyes.

"Yoona, jeongmal mianhaeyo. I'm really sorry for what happened that day back when you know, I burst out at you. I'm such an to you back then but I only spoke those words because my emotions took hold of me, and I don't mean them. Yoong, I'm really, really sorry. I don't know how I would be able to ask for your forgiveness but I hope you would forgive me," he said sincerely. 

Yoona raised her eyes to look at him before sighing. "It's not easy to forgive, oppa, let alone forgetting about it," she began and somewhere in Donghae's mind he registered that she called him oppa again, "it's painful because I felt like you just played with my feelings. I would've understood if you rejected me but that-that is . . . Yah, why are you even eavesdropping on our conversation that time? Aish!

Donghae blinked, unsure of how to respond to it. He had a feeling that if he answered that his curiousity was what lead him to do it, he would get another punch.

"Ahh, jinja, never mind, forget about it!" She pulled her hands from his grasp and waved her hands frantically, then composed herself as she sighed, "it won't be easy to forgive but Hae-oppa . . .  to be honest, those words, what you said to me . . . it hurt a lot."

Another pang of guilt flooded Super Junior's resident fish and he hung his head down in shame as she continued.

"I really felt angry at you for accusing me of something I didn't do, moreso because I never would have the heart to do something as nasty as what you accused me of doing. But I'm also angry at myself because . . . if I didn't like you in the first place, none of these would've happened."

"No, Yoong," he interrupted as he looked up to meet her eyes, only to find her bowing her head down as well, "don't say that. I know now, Sica and I tied the loose ends and you have to know that you're not the reason why we broke up. And it's not a bad thing to have a crush on me, or anyone for that matter. So don't be angry at yourself; you're not the one at fault. You didn't do anything wrong."

"But still-" Yoona began to protest.

"Yoong, shush," Donghae said softly but SNSD's visual only shook her head.

"Don't you get it, oppa?" she asked as she looked up at him, "I love you. And to know that you and Sica-unnie were an item with me feeling that way about you . . . I feel so immensely guilty. It's-It's . . . Do you know that feeling? It is as if you're doing something that you shouldn't. I shouldn't have felt that way about you. I shouldn't have. It could've been so much easier but . . . but . . . and to learn that you and unnie broke up, I can't help but blame myself, too."

"Yoong," he whispered as he engulfed her in an embrace. 

Truth be told, Donghae didn't really know what to feel. He felt a little awkward and at the same time, guilty and hurt. He felt awkward because all this time, he never knew that she felt that way; guilty that he's the one who caused her pain; and hurt because just seeing his close friend in this state, so vulnerable and unguarded like a turtle without  its shell . . . it hurts him, too.

"I'm sorry I caused you so much pain," he mumbled softly and he could hear her laugh softly before pulling back.

"Don't be," she sighed before rubbing her eyes, "I'm so sorry. I made things awkward, didn't I?"

"Well, a bit," he laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Anyways, oppa, the anger I felt eventually receded to just sadness. Because . . . after everything that happened, our friendship is still more important than anything else."

At this, he couldn't help but feel his heart swell with happiness and appreciation, because he too, felt exactly the same way.

"So . . . you forgive me, then?" he grinned, deciding to life up the atmosphere and gently nudged her.

"Who says I'm forgiving you?" she replied back, pretending to be angry as she turned around.

"Aww, Yoongie, Rilakkuma Hae is sorry!" Donghae said in an aegyo voice as he walked around to face her, as he danced once again to Sorry Sorry. A smile grew once again on Yoona's face as the sudden image of a fish in a Rilakkuma mascot flashed through her mind but she straightened her face up as she replied.

"I will forgive you, but, before anything else, I would like to do something that I wanted to do for a long time now."

"Mwo? What is it, then?" Donghae asked, desperate to do anything just to be forgiven by his close friend.

Instead of answering, Yoona drew her hand back and punched his costume-covered chest.

"AH MWUYAH!" He cried out as he staggered back a couple of steps, totally unexpecting the action from the strong girl who is grinning and flexing her fingers as she looked at him.

Ooh, another bruise to nurse, tsk tsk.

"Omona, it feels good to actually do that for real!" Yoona laughed, as she swayed from side to side while cracking her knuckles. Donghae winced as he rubbed his chest, his mind dimly wondering what in the world she’s talking about, until he suddenly remembered what Sooyoung had told him.

“By the way oppa, don’t be surprised if Yoong suddenly punches or slaps you again. She’s been abusing her Rilakumma and Piglet plushies these past few months and even maknae’s Keroro almost became a victim!” Sooyoung laughed.

Ah. He should have known.

“Nam Choding, it hurts!” he whined as he continued massaging the part where she hit him. He could only thank the heavens that she didn't punch him in the face again, and that the costume absorbed most of the impact. But still, that hurt.

“If you want to be forgiven, don’t complain!” Yoona exclaimed and at once, Donghae’s pout turned into a full-blown smile.

“You forgive me, then?” he asked, his face brightening up and Yoona blinked her beautiful doe-eyes up at him.

"Oh, yeah. I forgive you,” she smiled.

Then, before she could say anything more, Donghae grabbed her into a hug, not noticing how Yoona’s face faltered for a moment, before she smiled softly against his shoulder.

“Yoong, thank you for forgiving me! I missed you!” He grinned. It’s true, being Yoona’s friend for seven years now, they had their fair share of fights and squabbles, but it has never been to this extent that they did not speak for four long months. And having been used to talking to her all the time, it’s no wonder that he missed his close friend very much.

Yoona could only nod before she parted from him, holding out her hand. “Friends?”

Friends.

Donghae smiled, before grabbing her outstretched hand and shaking it. “Friends!”

It’s back to square one.

Then she grabbed the Rilakumma head from him and looked at it in wonder.

“Omo, oppa, where did you get this mascot?” she asked as she tried the head on, her love for the stuffed toy being displayed.

“Ah, you have to ask Heechul-hyung about that,” Donghae laughed as he watched her try to dance with it on.

“You know what, because of you, I could never look at Rilakumma the same way again,” she huffed and he smirked, before reaching over to ruffle her hair, oblivious to the undercurrent of her statement.

“I know, it became cuter in your eyes, right?” he said and Yoona could only snort in disbelief.

“Yah, what’s cute about a fish wearing a Rilakkuma costume?”

 “The fact that the fish itself is cute!” Donghae grinned, “c’mon Yoong, let’s go practice!”

“Mwo? Let’s go Practice?” she asked, emphasizing the word as she took the head off, looking at him in confusion for a moment.

He grinned knowingly. “Hasn’t Heechul hyung told you? I’m going to play your part for our Gee Parody for our concert in July.”

“Jeongmallayo?!” she exclaimed, “ah chinja!”

The fishy could only laugh at her dumbfounded expression, but her next words made him mirror the same expression.

"Arasseo," Yoona pouted but her face immediately brightened up as she looked at the Rilakkuma head in her hands.

"But oppa, I'll help you learn my parts in Gee in one condition," she smirked slyly as she dropped her bag over to the couch at the corner of the room.

"Hmm? What is it, Yoong?" Donghae asked as he sat down on the floor. SNSD's Visual tossed the Rilakkuma head over to him before answering.

"You have to dance with the costume on!" she said as she clapped her hands happily.

"Mwo?"

"C'mon, oppa, please!"

"But Yoong, it's difficult to dance with this on, it limits my movements!"

"Eyy, please oppa, just this once?"

". . ."

"For me?"

"Arasseo!"

“Ha! Assa!”

What he didn’t know is that ever since that day, Yoona’s violent attacks on her plushies stopped, and the maknae and unnies were left wondering why she suddenly resorted to hugging them again.

SNSD’s Visual always had a soft spot for her Rilakumma dolls, but ever since that day, Donghae never knew that she has one other reason now for loving the plushies.

He would also never know that after the restoration of their friendship, another door will open that will lead his platonic feelings to grow into something more.

A/N: OHOHOHOHO! First chapter's up! :)

Shout out to pyrohex061914, who first supported me and cheered me on to write this fanfic haha. :)

Gahh, I recently encountered a writer’s block (again) while revising this chapter so that kinda explains why I just updated the story now lols. Well, that and the fact that my SuJu/SuGen feels are distracting me haha. Who else is missing Yesung here? *raises both hands*  Who's excited that uri Leader is back? *raises both feet lols*

I decided to make this a three-shot instead, but it’s either that or a two-shot.

Anyways, I hope you guys would comment, I love reading what you guys think about this chapter so far. ^^

On a sidenote, this is the translation of Sorry Sorry, Donghae Version 2.0 (lols xD)

"Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry

Yoona, Yoona, Yoona

Yoong please forgive me

I'm really really really sorry"

Also, I dunno about you guys but I tried reading it while listening to Cold Cherry - Growing Pains and Infinite's Voice Of My Heart to set the mood. But I'm still looking for other songs to fit in it haha.

Thanks a loT to you dear readers, especially to those who subscribed! Stay tuned for the next chap. :)