III; Jongin wants to kill things

Moving On

“I cannot believe him. How could he?” Tao sobbed sitting in his apartment Jongin and his boyfriend Kyungsoo making cooing noises and rubbing his back trying to calm him down. “Do I mean nothing to him?”

“Tao, calm down,” Jongin demanded more pissed at the fact that Tao was wasting his tears on such an than at Tao himself.

“No,” Tao whined sobbing dryly his tears having stopped falling a few moments before. “I can’t believe this,”

After Baekhyun had dropped the bomb on Tao, he had called his girlfriend at Tao’s insistence, in order to confirm. “Sorry man, they’re dating,” Tao had sat in complete silence and shock until the sound of his classmates moving to leave the lecture hall had snapped him out of his daze.

He had left the hall ignoring Baekhyun’s guilt ridden apologies walking in a daze to his apartment before breaking down. It seemed like all Tao did these days, was cry and it was pissing Jongin off.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo scolded pulling Tao closer into himself and running fingers through the crying male’s hair.

“What? I’m not mad at him. I just don’t think he should be wasting his tears on that guy,” he pouted. Kyungsoo shook his head secretly agreeing, his hate for his long-time friend growing with every minute. This made no sense to anyone who knew Kris. He wasn’t the type of person to do this type of thing. Kris had catered to Tao’s every need for two years, he once had a yelling match with a teacher’s assistant who had it out for Tao risking his own mark in that class in order to stand up for his younger lover. Kris had never once even called Tao a bad name no matter how angry or frustrated he was. Kyungsoo was completely shocked with how Kris was handling this break up.

“Still this is what Tao needs,” Kyungsoo whispered knowing Tao could still hear him but trying to be polite.

“It’s alright.” Tao mumbled straightening out from his fetal position. “Jongin is right. I shouldn’t allow K-Kris to get to me. If he wanted to break up with me and date someone else fine. I won’t let him make me cry again.”

The couple nodded in understanding, handing Tao a tissue to wipe the last of the tears from his face.

“You go wash up and I’ll make you a nice hot dinner okay?” Kyungsoo said helping Tao stand up.

“Okay, thank you Hyung.”

Kyungsoo raised a brow; Tao never called him Hyung, the two having dropped formal language a long time ago.

“It’s alright baby peach,” Jongin said in place of Kyungsoo also shocked.

Tao disappeared into the bathroom leaving Kai and Kyungsoo to themselves.

“I want to kill him,” Jongin sighed.

“I know, but I’m sure there is a reason for all of this,” Kyungsoo responded weakly.

“Don’t defend him,” Jongin warned.

“Hey, I never said it was a good explanation.”

~♦~

The issue of Kris and Jessica was dropped until the next day when the three of them were sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch. Since Kai was technically on an eating plan they always had lunch in the cafeteria, Tao and Kyungsoo bringing in bagged lunches or takeout.

The problem was that apparently, Kris had also adapted a meal plan and his girlfriend had joined him for lunch in the cafeteria only a few tables away from Kai’s table.

“Tao,” Kyungsoo hesitated as the two of them approached where Kai was obliviously sitting his nose in a book, “We can take our lunch somewhere else if you want.”

“No, I will not allow him to affect my life any more than he already has.”

Kyungsoo shrugged and they joined Kai at their table. “Hi,” he greeted them trying to shovel a spoon of pudding in his mouth while turning the page of his history of art textbook.

“What are you doing?” Tao asked sitting tensely as he watched Jessica feed Kris a grape from her plate. Kris hated grapes, and being hand fed…yet he was okay with her doing it? Tao couldn’t even pretend that didn’t hurt.

“I forgot to do my reading for my class later, I was distracted last night.”

“Oh, sorry,” Tao apologized feeling guilty for taking up so much of his friend’s time.

“Oh no, it’s not your fault. I was distracted by something else,” Kai smirked running his eyes down Kyungsoo’s body suggestively.

“Ew,” Tao flinched. That was a disturbing picture. Kai just laughed as Kyungsoo grabbed his textbook to hit him over the head.

“Sorry Taozi, Jongin is an idiot. Just ignore him.”

“Always do.” Tao quipped automatically pushing rice around his bowl sadly. Kai caught sight of Kris and Jessica sharing Eskimo kisses from the corner of his eye and gagged.

He didn’t even see Jessica as the cheesy type always believing the rumors that she was some type of ice princess, watching her giggle cutely as Kris whispered something in her ear made him rethink those rumours…and inspired homicidal thoughts.

He was jolted out of his thoughts when he heard Tao’s phone ring. Tao looked just as surprised (no one he knew ever bothered calling him anymore instead opting to text) before he jolted in realization. He quickly swiped his phone and answered.

“Hello”

“Hi, um is this Huang Zitao?”

“It is,” he hummed.

“Hi um, well I’m looking for a roommate and a friend of mine gave me one of your fliers,” the guy on the other end sounded shy but promising to Zitao. Considering the only other responses he got was a girl who had batted her eyelashes and flirted with him despite him saying he wasn’t interested and a middle aged man (how the hell he had gotten the flier still plagued Tao) pretty much anything sounded promising.

“Okay, I just have some questions before we can arrange a meet up if you don’t mind,” Tao still thought better safe than sorry.

“Okay”

“How old are you?” he started pulling out his mini notebook with questions that he wrote down so he wouldn’t forget anything mouthing ‘potential roommate’ when he saw his friends’ questioning gazes.

“Twenty three, I’m in my last year,” the guy said sounding a little less nervous.

Things were already looking up. Someone older and more mature is always a plus when you are crying because you saw a ghost in the shower. “What’s your major?”

“I major in Business.”

“Awesome, what are your hobbies?”

“I’m a quiet person, I spend most of my time reading and listening to music so I won’t be a bother.”

“You honestly sound awesome so far, I‘d love to meet up as soon as possible to discuss the lease, just one more question….are you a clean person?”

“The cleanest,” the guy laughed. “Trust me I’m border line annoying with my cleaning habits.”

“Thank god,” Tao sighed relieved. He wasn’t the neatest person always letting things get cluttered especially his closet but he could not stand dirt and smell. Dirt and smell attracted bugs and Huang Zitao did not do bugs.

“Wait… what’s your name?” of course he forgot to ask the guy his name in his excitement (the bills were already piling dangerously high could you blame him).

“Oh, I’m Kim Minseok.” 

~♦~

Tao met up with ‘Kim Minseok’ that night at a café near the apartment. The guy was short and extremely cute with big eyes and a gummy smile. It was hard to believe he was 23 though with how baby like his face was.

“Hi, you must be Minseok,” Tao smiled holding out a hand.

Minseok accepted the handshake with a shy smile. “Yeah, you’re Tao I presume.”

He nodded.  “It’s nice to meet someone normal for once.”

Minseok laughed tilting his head to the side cutely, “What?”

This Hyung was going to be the death of him he was too adorable. “I’ve had some weirdoes respond to my ads…one guy wanted to know if there was a place to store his bug collection. Bug collection!”

“Gross,” Minseok shuddered. “So I guess that means the apartment is still available?”

“Yep”

“That’s good, I’ve had a hell of a time trying to find something last minute.”

“I’m just glad that I found someone to fill it, I thought no one would have put it off till the last minute either,” Tao confessed pulling out the lease for Minseok to read over.

“I usually don’t procrastinate things like this but the person I was going to move in with turned out to be a real .”

“Same,” Tao laughed bitterly. Minseok looked up at him from the lease and they shared a look of understanding.

“You sure this is all it is for rent?” Minseok asked.

“Yeah my friend’s family owns the building and gave me an apartment for cheap. I just have to mow the lawn out front during the summer and shovel during the winter.”

“Awesome, I can help out with that. Utilities seem pretty cheap, wow this is getting better and better,” Minseok murmured thoughtfully. “You sure you aren’t some axe murderer or something?”

Tao laughed loudly, Minseok’s suspicious face wasn’t very threatening at all. “No but if you are looking for a downside, my friend Jongin and his boyfriend drop by unannounced all the time.”

“Oh,” Minseok paused. “That’s okay so long as they don’t mind me hanging around.”

“I’m sure they’ll love you. I’ll introduce you to them soon.”

Minseok nodded distracted by the lease again. “How about I get us a drink while you are reading?”

“That’d be great,” Minseok said pulling out a bill and asking for a cappuccino.

Tao put in the order at the cash ordering himself a tea and a slice of chocolate cake (he never could resist cake) before pulling out his phone and hitting the speed dial for Jongin.

“What?” Jongin mumbled sounding sleepy.

“Don’t what me; you were the one that demanded I update you on the roommate situation.”

“Oh,” Jongin mumbled. “What’s he like.”

“He’s really cute, kind of shy but really nice.”

“Cute huh? You don’t like him do you? That wouldn’t be good Taozi you-“

“Jongin, I meant cute like a pet rabbit not a lover. He’s not my type.”

“Okay, just checking the last thing you need is a rebound with your roommate. That would be a disaster.”

Tao rolled his eyes. “I heard that!” Jongin gasped. “How dare you roll your eyes at me, you are so rude”

“I’m hanging up now.”

“That’s rude you-!”

Tao laughed as he hung up. Sometimes he swore Jongin just went through life drunk. On second thought all those girls in high school who swooned over the street dancing, tanned skin, gorgeous ‘Kai’ might have been the drunken ones. If they saw him in his Pohroro PJs crying over Lady and the Tramp or Fox and the Hound (he had a problem, an addiction really to puppy movies) they would have balked in shock.

Tao sat down at the table just as Minseok was signing the last page. “I went ahead and signed it…I didn’t want you to change your mind.”

Tao held back a smile. “That’s totally fine.”

Minseok beamed. “I think this is the start of a beautiful roommate ship.” 


A Note From The Author

between episodes of D.O's drama, Roommate and Hyuna's comeback i've been a little distracted...so I threw in that last scene. I was going to leave it at the phone call but thought that was too short. ;^; too much talking...the next chapter will be better we get to be re-introduced to sehun and meet luhan also it should be funny...i tried to make it funny~ i'll update tomorrow~

GIVE ME COMPLIMENTS AND OR INSULTS...also....my queen is back...go watch the RED M/V okay? okay.