Ethan's Diary: Behind The Crime

The Stranger Next Door : Ethan's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ethan – Behind the crime

My name, I don’t have to tell, y'all know my name. I’m the one who did those things to Illiana. I hated her for the pain she costs me, for putting my stepbrother into jail. So I needed her to feel the pain too for what she did, nobody goes free and let my brother rot in jail.

It all started when I was born. My dad had died when my mother gave birth to me. My mother soon remarried the father of Sam and Eric Jamerson. Mr Jamerson was a nice guy and Eric and Sam were great brothers. An aweful amount of people mistake him as Mr Jacobs, because I'm the youngest, one great example who will never learn is the principal of ZERA University.

I was like 1 year old when I met the 3 year old Eric and the 6 year old Sam. Sam had a playmate, Illiana.
 

THE OBSESSION : ILLIANA

I was 5, when it all started to go wrong, It started when Illiana began stealing little things like magazines, jewellery, at market places food and clothes. A ten year old could get away with everything. She was the bad influences. Although he bribed her I think it was her all the time, letting him seem like the bad guy. When they were thirteen Illiana got her first like puppy love boyfriend. Sam got so mad, that’s when I realised my stupid brother was in love with that girl, he started to hang out with an even dangerous crowd. Like in a gang. He began to bribe and use Illiana for different kind of stuff. You could sometimes see the fear in her eyes, I didn’t care she deserved it turning my brother into a criminal and I still don’t care she deserved what I’ve done to her. She should’ve been dead.

Sam was like my favourite brother cause Eric was to easily manipulated and stupid. Mom and Daddy didn’t know what happened to dad’s little Sam, they forbid him to  see Illiana ever again. They also thought like me, when the girl is gone, he would turn back.

One night, 15 years old they both got drunk and made a lot of noise when they came to our house. Mom and daddy didn’t appreciate the underage drinking. Illiana’s friend Suzy (the time Illiana started to spent time with Suzy) was with them too. So mom and dad made some very drastic precotions. They kicked Illiana out and forbid her to see Sam ever again. I think she was happy at that time. Why I don’t know.
Illiana had had like 3 or 4 boyfriends and I could hear my brother sulking everytime she had told him. He was obsessed with the girl. I could’ve killed her every time over and over again. Sam got into a depression and it took him a couple of years to get back were he was. Sam couldn’t think straight anymore, all that matter to him was getting Illiana back. Got I’ve should’ve killed her at the age of 15.

At 17, Sam came home beat up, I think he left his gang. A Good thing off course because he got arrested a couple of times, almost landed in jail. Sam had all kind of drugs in his system and he was out of it. The only thing he could say was “Illiana, got a boyfriend” AGAIN. He needed to stop following that girl before something bad happened. Suzy didn’t help either cause she rubbed it in his face, all the little facts about Illiana. Suzy enjoyed my brother’s pain. She said it was to feel Illiana’s pain that he had cost her. He was still threating her. So she would stay with him. If Illiana didn’t exist my brother wouldn’t be obsessed.

I think mom and daddy regretted kicking Suzy out, they could’ve used her, now that her mother was head of like a really big agency.

18, Illiana was still together with this guy, her longest relationship ever. She got into a fight with her boyfriend. Something about Sam. Sam had had a smirk on his face the whole day. It was like he planned it. So he went over to Illiana’s to comfort her. He was sober when he came home again. With an even bigger smile on his face. He was carrying her in his arms – I didn’t know if he kidnapped her or not but still, you don’t just come home with a girl in your arms. – That night. Because I have the room next to Sam’s, I could hear everything, how Illiana was babbling around, how she feared my brother, how she loved the other guy.  When she brought up the under guy I heard that Sam beat her. She deserved it, Sam was obsessed with her, she made him do all kinds of things he would’ve have done when she would’ve existed. I was smiling in my room, would it finally get to my brother Illiana was a stupid girl and he didn’t need her. I heard her scream a couple of times I loved it to hear her pain. Than it stopped. Not that I wanted to eavesdrop I was thirteen, it went silent. What was he doing. I could hear Illiana saying stop, God I couldn’t listened to it longer, I was tired and needed to sleep so I went to the guest room. I don’t know what happened that night but I could’ve guessed. Illiana went home in the night. My brother was happy all day long, happy as a little child. Good finally he was back to his old self. But it got like worse. Because he thought he got Illiana for himself, but that wasn’t true. This is the time when he started to exploit Illiana, I almost pitied her, but yeah no. She deserved it. He let her do things, made her fear him. He even gave her drugs. I was hoping she would overdose or something than all the troubles would be out of the way.

 

THAT EVENING

And then one day. She was still together with this guy. 3 year relationship, yeah Sam wasn’t going to break that up. Illiana probably told the guy some lies and stuff why she was doing what she was doing, her boyfriend was mister goody-two-shoes.

Sam ordered a gun, gave it to me as a 15 year old. He said I had to hide it until the right moment. I didn’t think he would go through with it. He wouldn’t go kill someone because of her, would he?

I was wrong one night, 2 years later, Illiana’s 5 year relationship would come to an end, he said. I didn’t really know what he meant, I thought he meant like making Illiana suffer some more. By letting her do things, asking Suzy for help, who also feared my brother. But know, it went through the roof. He completely lost it. He yelled if he couldn’t get Illiana no one would. I let him rage his anger out. I was furious at Illiana for turning him this way. The night Sam found out about Illiana leaving for Africa, he paid her boyfriend a little visit. He told me to stay alert and come to him with the gun if it was necessary. So that night, I guess he beat the out of that guy. He called Illiana to come and watch  who was the better, stronger man between them two. I should’ve hold him, but I didn’t. Like I said Illiana deserved everything she got. I was so happy Illiana got arrested. She would’ve been thrown in jail. Sam would’ve been released from all his troubles and would finally pay his full attention to me. Cause Eric didn’t matter. Eric never mattered, he was good for one thing only, being our dog who does the dirty work. But that night it was me and Sam who did the Dirty Work all by ourselves. He wanted the guy that, who was already so good as dead on the streets but yeah, he wanted him dead, lifeless, gone from this world. So he called me up and I brought the gun with me, we went back to the place were the guy was. When the gun went of, I winced, and heard something behind a container. I wanted to go take a look but Sam held me and said it was probably just a stray cat. But it didn’t sound like it at all. That evening was such a rush. Two hours after the murder we committed the police was at our door. Mom and daddy were furious. Sam was put in jail, and how the hell Illiana got free to go, I don’t know. I want to know.

 

HOW TO PLAN A MURDER

FASE 1 :
SPREAD THE RUMOUR : QUEEN ETHAN

My brother is ing jail. All I knew was, I was left with the other brother, I wanted Sam back. I thought now Illiana was away, everything would become better, I mean Sam would give me more attention than think about the stupid wench.

WAS I WRONG. –about him forgetting Illiana-

The 2 years Illiana was in Africa I set up a plan, if or when she would return. I would ruin her, like she ruined my brother. So I had Eric running a rumour about me at school, the rumour would go as followed. It was easy for Eric as he worked as a reporter (he called it) He was the head of paparazzi and it was easy for me to use Eric because he was afraid.

“OMG did you hear, the guy loves gossip he would do anything do get some.” It spread like a fire. Eric set up several accounts under my name and updated the rumours once in a while. Perfect fase one was complete. ZERA High School had a lot of stupid people running around, Suzy was one of them. Suzy changed like a lot over the two years she went away, she got involved in her mothers company, and was more social.

So Illiana returned and because she didn’t attend a University yet she choose ZERA University. Graphic Design. Interesting. So the first day when I met Illiana, she didn’t know who I was, Sam probably didn’t tell her anything about our family, Sam didn’t like his father remarried to my mother.

 

FASE 2 :
THE WORL

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter