Yesterday's Memories.

Chapter 1



 

It was a sunny Monday afternoon. The sun shone through the glass windows in a room full of students. Some were playing on their phones ; beating each-others high scores on piano tiles, snooping on the latest celebrity gossip or taking selcas. The others were either sleeping or catching up on class work. Amongst the few that stayed in their seats was Kim Myungsoo.

Now, Kim Myungsoo wasn't Mister popular or the Kingka even though he had the face of a model. He was just normal: a normal high school student that wants to get a passable grade. 

But he wasn't going to have a chance on passing his classes if he keeps staring at her.

Eyes fixated at the slim figure that sat at the back on the room, right next to the sliding doors on the same row as him. Her back slightly slouched forward, left elbow propped up on the table as her palm supported her cheek. She was too busy concentrating on her work to even realise she was being watched.

Her name was Chae Shi Rah. 

Shi Rah is smart and never fails to get the perfect score in her classes.

Of course, stereotypically smart girls are the so-called 'geeks' and wear those big glasses as they camp out in the library reading the dictionary. 

But she wasn't. 

It was easy to describe Chae Shi Rah. Soft chocolate brown hair that fell just below her shoulders, sizable brown eyes with small eyelids that allows her lashes to curl beautifully when she looks up.

But compared to the other girls that touch up their make-up every time they breath or constantly re-adjust their skirts higher every time they see a cute boy.

She looked plain.

However, Myungsoo wasn't looking at her like in dramas where the boy falls in love at first sight.

No, he was staring at her because he envied her.

He envied that she was able to sit in class despite their noisy classmates and actually be able to not get distracted whereas Myungsoo wouldn't last two minutes looking at a textbook because everything will just go blurry after that and he would be even more confused than before he opened the book. 

Then she looked up. 

And her eyes met his.

She looked at him, as if she was silently asking him why he was staring at her.

The corner of his lips slowly curved into a small smile to look friendly and not so suspicious that he was staring at her all this time like a creep.

She turned her head at the door to see if anyone was behind her, to see if it was her he was smiling at.

Her head turned back to face him.

And she smiled also.

 

It wasn't as if everyone in class hated her, she eats with others sometimes but it was never the same people all the time. Everybody knew who she was and she has no enemies so they all assumed that she preferred to be alone than with other people.

He glanced around the classroom at all his classmates. Myungsoo was the type of guy that everyone liked. He was nice, caring, ocassionally humorous with his bad jokes and friendly. Nobody would ever feel the need to hate him or become enemies with him. 

And with that type of personality plus his good looks, he obviously has quite a few girls crushing on him as told by his male friends but none of them have yet to confess. 

"M-M-M-M-Myungsoo." His eye tour around the classroom was suddenly disrupted when his friend Sungyeol wrapped his arm around Myungsoo's neck and put him in a headlock.

Myungsoo spat out a cough and slapped Sungyeol's arm repeatedly that gave Sungyeol the signal to let go or he'll have to perform Cardiopulmonary resuscitation on him which he would not enjoy.

"Sunggyu hyung's in a good mood and he's paying for lunch in the canteen right now right this moment." Sungyeol whispered, as if he was cautious of anyone else hearing and taking the advantage.

"What?" Myungsoo pushed his head back because Sungyeol was almost bursting his personal bubble.

"Did i freaking stutter?" The tall male closed the others textbook and shoved everything back into the pencil case "There's only 20 minutes until class starts and if you don't come with me now, i'll be hyperventilating on the floor while the teacher goes on about irrelevant topics that i'm bound to fail in."

Myungsoo grinned, "Then will i have to do the wonderful honour of giving you CPR? The kiss of life." He joked.

"If that does happen, please let me just die in a cute girls arms." 

 

They both arrived at the canteen with 15 minutes to spare. Sungyeol browsed around the canteen before stopping at a table where the others were and approaching them with Myungsoo following behind.

"You guys ate everything?!" Sungyeol gasped at the almost empty plates stained with pools of sauce and nothing left but the sauce as he sat down.

"You took too long, Sungyeol." Sunggyu set down his chopsticks and gulped down his can of coke to release the air from his stomach into a burp. "Pardon me." 

"I was gone for 5 minutes!"

"We finished in 5 minutes." The older male gave a smug grin.

"I'm going on a strike." Sungyeol crossed his eyebrows in discontent.

"What are you going to strike about?" Sunggyu raised a brow, amused. 

"I'm going to strike about-"

"Yo, Sungyeol. You're in my seat." Hoya interrupted as he walked over back to the table with Sungjong holding more plates of ddeokbokki, kimbap, odeng and some drinks before setting them down onto the table.

"Heh." Sungyeol's voice softened and smiled apologetically "Going on strike about how handsome Sunggyu hyung is.."

Sunggyu grinned at his victory. No one can ever win over Sunggyu.

"I heard you failed your maths test, Sungjong." Woohyun teased the younger.

"I heard you failed at getting that noona's number and she also rejected you in front of her friends. Congratulations hyung." Sungjong attacked back twice as powerful which left Woohyun speechless and slump back into his seat with his phone.

"You failed your maths test?" Myungsoo, looked at Sungjong on the opposite side of the table. 

Sungjong stared at his hyung and slowly nodded. "Yeah. That test was hard. Most of them i guessed the answer."

"You should have asked me for help." Myungsoo offered.

"Yeah, Myungsoo is at every subject but he's pretty good at maths." Hoya butted in as a compliment but only to recieve daggers shooting out of Myungsoo's eyes and stabbing him in the face.

Sungjong nodded. "Thanks hyung, i'll ask you next time if i need help."

Myungsoo smiled and turned his attention to Sunggyu as he munched on the ddeokbokki. "So what's put you in a good mood today hyung?"

"Oh, you know." Sunggyu's smile widened at the question.

"Don't smile too wide hyung or you won't be able to see anything with those tiny eyes." Hoya teased.

"Yejin is coming back to Korea." His small eyes lit up at the name.

"Really? When is she arriving?" Myungsoo grinned at the surprise as well as the others.

"Yejin noona is finally coming back?!" Sungjong, who looked the second most excited beamed.

"She's arriving the day after tomorrow."

"Wednesday?" Sungyeol joined the conversation as he continued to stuff his face.

Sunggyu nodded "I'll be picking her up at the airport."

"I'm coming!" Sungjong volunteered, raising his arm in the air.

"Same here." Woohyun raised his arm also.

"Same here." Hoya followed.

Sunggyu looked at both Myungsoo and Sungyeol. "What about you two?"

"You can barely fit 4 people in that small car of yours." Sungyeol mumbled with his stuffed mouth.

"Besides, our class has a test this week and those who fail will be cleaning the gym until every spider web is gone." Myungsoo sighed. "But i'll be sure to drop by and say hi to her when i get the chance."

"Alright." Sunggyu nodded.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?" Hoya questioned.

"2 years." Sunggyu answered with a thin smile.

"Wear protection." Woohyun advised.

Sunggyu choked. "What."

 

After finishing everything edible on the table, they cleaned up and made their way back to their own classes.

English was a bore and went by slowly and painfully for Myungsoo as he spent most of the time staring out the window, hoping to spot something that would entertain himself. Pro of sitting in a window seat.

But instead, a bug flew in and bugged him all through the whole one hour lesson.

Con of sitting in a window seat.

No pun intended.