[G.R.] -LovingU-

§orarius★§hop || ARCHIVE
-LovingU-
review
pickup

TITLE: Beauty Syndrome
MOOD: Angst, Dark, Romance
REVIEWER: sorarius
REVIEWED FOR: -LovingU-

FIRST IMPRESSION & OVER ALL QUALITY (8/10)
I was awed at this graphic since the first glance. The main girl character eventually gets my attention and this graphic looks smooth though I notice many textures put in it.

 
RELEVANCE & THEME (7.5/10)
As I interpret “Beauty Syndrome” for something about physical appearance, I highly appreciate your attempt making the girl with strong appearance as the main focal of this graphic. Also the rose texture, and—is that a mirror in the left bottom corner? Though, I don’t really agree with the tree texture in the left top. It just my personal opinion, but I feel some longing, and somehow some mystical ambience because I imagine of trees in cemetery or forest when I see this kind of tree silhouette. And I notice a small clock texture and a symbol of inverted cross at the bottom, is there any purpose to put them there? I’m sorry if it sounds rude, but if I cover the half right of the whole picture and only see at the left side, the theme seems spiritual-thingy. And as my reference, a good graphic/picture/visual art product will tell the main theme in every of its aspects/elements even though we cover some part of its. :)

 
CHARACTER DELIVERY (8.5/10)
I’d say Bora fit the theme to a nicety. And the couple picture in frame somehow tells that the boy is one of the reasons of her being a beauty—and it of course telling us the romance story of this graphic. Though I don’t really get yet who the small girl in the top is, but I assume her as her rival, maybe?

 
HIERARCHY (4/5)
Bora strong appearance makes this graphic stand out among any graphics in same theme. I personally think that it will stand out more if the main girl character is bigger.
 
TECHNIQUES (8.5/10)
Though there are many textures put in there, I’m amazed by the way they blend so smooth. The coloring is nice and different coloring (brownish) on the characters make them stand out. I don’t have to say many words here, hehe.

ELEMENTS (3/5)
I’ve mentioned some about ‘elements’ above, that a good graphic product will tell the main theme in every element it had. And I personally didn’t think that the clock and inverted cross have some relevance with the theme you have—except if you have a story behind them. As you seems like to put many textures in your piece, I suggest you to do some research before making a graphic piece by making/figuring/imagining a moodboard/imageboard of the theme you aimed for or maybe simply by sorting some keywords from the theme.

TYPOGRAPHY (4.5/5)
The font type, size and color are nice. And I want to praise you more as you choose purple for the title text. It makes the text looks stand out but still on the same color scheme with the entire poster.

COLORS (9/10)
It’s very nice. However I notice an awkward part and it somehow steal my attention meretriciously. It is the bluish line/light behind Bora in the framed picture. I think I will give you perfect score if this part isn’t there. :) 
 
PLACEMENT & BALANCE (9/10)
Honestly, it strangely looks balance even though the white color in the left top is contrast with the dark color in other part of the poster. But I guess the text in the corner safe the balance very well—it’s a good job! And you put the main focus almost way to the top of the poster, but the texture in the bottom (especially the rose and the framed picture) balancing it somehow.

DOMINANCE & EMPHASIS (9.5/10)
The main character’s appearance looks stand out and so is the framed picture that may be the main part of this poster’s story, so it is another good job!

HARMONY & RYTHM (9/10)
Putting many textures in a graphic somehow gives an unpredictable flow on it. The rough texture of the scratches in the right side harmonizes well with the rough tree silhouette+Bora’s fur scarf, and they harmonize well with the soft texture of the rose in the bottom.

UNITY (4/5)
I’m amazed of how these many elements and textures you put in this poster can blend so well—except for the inverted cross and the clock I questioned about. :)

TOTAL SCORE: 84.5
REVIEWER NOTE: I'm sorry for this late review! so much things have been happening so I was only able to do this review today. Hope you'll understand and satisfy by the review.^^

REMINDER: Don't forget to put comment after you read this review. Hope you'll like our service, and please visit again next time. ^^