paper heart / chanji.

variety.

 

His fingers pinched the surface of his pen tighter, he continues to write down another note for the other to read. Surely it was a challenge, to express himself when he wasn't really one to verbally say how he felt. Chanyeol could have sworn actions spoke louder than words and he didn't want to seem rude to even think about it but, Eunji might be a bit oblivious about the situation.

 

They were close friends, the best of friends and sometimes his friends would toss a joke around that they act like a complete couple but it isn't the case. It isn't. He enjoys bringing a smile to her lips or make her laugh at any weird antics he makes or a joke as well.

 

He's trying and he could only hope it's enough for her to notice.

 

There's paper scattered along the surface of the ground, to where it'll decorate his carpet or on his desk. They were formed into paper balls or they were carelessly thrown to one direction to the other. Who cares.

 

Chanyeol grits his teeth in irritation, unsure of how to even bring this up. Does he say it out loud or leave a note in her locker with his name etched on the bottom. His penmanship isn't one to be mistaken for another, it's rushed and hurried but readable. Thankfully. Fingers were digging deeper into his temples in thought, there's so much he wanted to say to her. How he's thankful for such a beautiful woman in his life throughout the three  years of high school thus far.

 

"Chanyeol! Yah." His older sister spat out loud, eyes widening at the sight of the mess as she rushes over to pick up the pieces of paper. Occasionally taking a glimpse of the sight as well as she mouths the words. Chanyeol didn't even pay attention to her, he's caught up on what's most important and he's lost in a flood of frustration and the anxious feeling forming. "Chanyeol."

 

"What, Chorong?" He looks up at her before his head turn to the other direction, dark brunette strands falling to his brows as he blows it away from his eyes. Murmuring words of frustration and when he did, it was accidentally written on the paper causing him to groan. Fingers bunching it up into a ball once again before it was tossed over to the left, Chorong catching it instinctively as she throws it on the side of his head then back into her hand.

 

"If you're going to write, can you not leave the other paper lying around your room. Jeez." Her lower lip pokes out into a childish pout, setting it inside of the tiny recycling bin besides the trash bin. Chorong places herself on the edge of his bed, palms resting on her cheeks. "So, Eunji?"

"And what about her?"

 

"Tell her."

 

"It's not easy you know."

 

Chanyeol typically doubts himself due to how the latter considers him as nothing more than just a friend. And this era, in his life, it's hard to tell how a woman feels about another or just the whole idea of being in the friend zone makes it harder.

 

"I know but I just want you to try, I'm sure she likes you too." Chorong admitted, knowing than assuming. Her legs kicked out, the left then the right one. Humming a quiet tune as she looks over at her brother. Flashing a bright smile to reassure him that he was making the right choice in finally standing up and admitting to how he feels than playing a friend this entire time.

 

When he wanted to be so much more than that.

 

So he tried writing it once again and it flowed more naturally than having it force with the pencil resting in between his fingers. Words of emotions were seeping through the tip and when he rereads it to himself, it made sense. It really did. Maybe he just needed a reassuring conversation after all instead of doing this all on his own.

 

The next day he mentally prepared himself to pull Eunji towards one side in order to talk to her really quick. Chanyeol tried to walk towards her lock only to stop mid-way and suddenly turn the opposite direction, ushering over back to his own spot instead. Yet, his friend managed to see what he was up to.

 

“Yah, Chanyeol!” Jongdae shouted out loud, grabbing the taller male by the collar of his shirt from behind as he tugs him back to stand besides one another. “You’re not going anywhere until you do it.”

 

Chanyeol felt a deep sigh emitting out, his fingers pinching his temples to mentally prepare himself once again. Walking back to the direction where Eunji would normally stand around with her group of friends who would normally walk somewhere else since they figured how he wanted alone time with the girl. Except it’s different, it’s beyond that. He found himself staring at his best friend with another guy, the voice ringing into his ears and the laughter as well. It makes him feel rather disappointed which Jongdae took a notice of.

 

“Forget it.” Voice lowered with disappointment with his back turned to walk with the other, Jongdae didn’t protest but he followed along for comfort. Chanyeol knew who the guy was, Byun Baekhyun. That was his name. He remembered hearing about him from his sister along with the other guys, speaking about nothing more than how talented he was as a singer.

 

And he thought about it, he’d be quite a perfect match for his best friend.

 

The entire day he mustered up a smile, not wanting to appear to be under the weather even if his friends already know about the situation from Jongdae. He took a glimpse out from the window after his final class was over, deciding to stay put longer than most. Who decided to prepare to pack their things and head back home or out with a group of companions like they normally do.

 

Eunji peeks over from the doorframe, capturing the image of Chanyeol sitting down still compared to everyone else and she lifts a hand up to tap on the doorframe. Knock, knock! “Hey there.” She greets him warmly with a smile that matches her words, walking over in order to sit besides him.

 

“Hm?” With his brow arching upwards, his head inclines towards that direction only to clear his throat out of embarrassment for dozing off when she was right there. “Oh yeah, hey to you too.”

 

“Is everything okay? I didn’t hear much from you and you didn’t drop by this morning either.”

 

“Just got caught up on other things, come on. I’ll buy us lunch.” Chanyeol offered in order to change the topic immediately. Not wanting to answer any more questions as he stands up, the paper folded into a heart drops onto the floor but he didn’t hear it. Simply caught up in tossing his books inside of his backpack but surely someone heard it.

 

She did.

 

Eunji reaches over to pick it up with her hand, not wanting to crumple the piece of paper underneath her grasp. She unfolds it due to how her name was etched along the front surface and she reads the words that were written inside. “I had trouble finding what to write, what to say or to do. So instead, I decided to give you this letter and tell you everything else on my own. Sincerely, Chanyeol.”

 

“Eh?” Dumbfounded by the words that were softly spoken, the taller male glances over his shoulder to catch his best friend with the letter. Eyes widening at the sight but he reaches for it immediately only to fail horribly when Eunji pulls her arm further back.

 

“So.” Pausing to wave the sheet of paper around, lips curving into a more softer smile along her lips. “What’s this you needed to tell me?”

 

He bites the inside of his cheek, remaining quiet as he sits down once again to face the girl once again. He reaches over to run his fingers through the smooth dark locks of hers that hover over her shoulders, “How I wanted to finally tell you how much I like you.” He admitted calmly, his heart beginning to race faster with time when he keeps his gaze locked with her own. “I wasn’t going to because I saw you with Baekhyun. I just didn’t want anything awkward to happen to us, that you’d push me away or that you felt the need to pity me too.”

 

“Oh.” There’s a brief laugh that escapes, her finger flicked directly on the center of his forehead before her free arm was swooped around his neck in order to pull her best friend into a secure hug. “He just wanted to partner up for this event happening at the local cafe near the university. You mean so much to me, so don’t ever feel like that. You’re my best friend after all.”

 

Chanyeol feels it, the sudden emotion of embarrassment and appearing as some fool in Eunji eyes but he didn’t mind. At least he was reassured more properly and this time, he felt more relieved than nervous. Because he finally admitted his feelings and what she just confessed -- it made everything much more worth it as well.

 

“Either way, I like you too. More than you would ever imagine.” Eunji admitted afterwards. Her lips planted a gentle kiss right on the apple of his left cheek before he returns the same given affection to her. It’s something she always wanted to admit or to say but never had the given opportunity to until today, right now. Soon enough her lips trailed a soft chain of kisses that were landing much more close towards his lips and when hers rested on top of his own. It lingers, longer than the rest of the pecks. To ensure that the feeling was mutual and certainly these feelings would never fade of be given to another person.

 

And in this moment it meant so much to her; the way he felt too.

✄ - - -
[] thank you guys for the support ahead of time, i know there's some of you guys still requesting and i'll see what i can do but please don't expect so much due to how much i need to update and how little time i have. ; ; i hope you guys enjoyed though and thank you again.